• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Quick

Banned
I'd actually apologize if you were legitimately not an alt, but I can't shake the feeling (and the same goes for a lot of people) that you are.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'd actually apologize if you were legitimately not an alt, but I can't shake the feeling (and the same goes for a lot of people) that you are.

Haha beez an alt? Don't be silly.

Of all the people here they're the least likely.

Socreges

Banned
Brian Burke is a closer, not a builder - Dreger

If there's one other thing I can give credit to Burke for, it's being a complete master of self-aggrandizement. This is a man who, for 4 years, was unable to bring any kind of success whatsoever to his team. Four seasons of non-contention and embarrassment. And yet, many (it would appear) hockey fans react to his removal as if it was a negative thing.

Incredible, really.
The idol worship by Leafs fans has been bizarre and amusing. I'll miss that.

I do really think this is a positive for the Leafs. Nonis was the major architect behind the Phaneuf trade (if you liked it) and the cozy relationship that allowed for the Lupul/Gardiner trade has probably been milked dry. Otherwise Burke is responsible for some poor signings (Komisarek, Connolly, Beauchemin) and the Kessel trade. He also failed to get a #1 center (prospect or otherwise) or a reliable goaltender.

Why is this such a disaster?

In other news, more Kris "Magnum PI" Versteeg

BALy1XrCMAAea4y.jpg

Socreges

Banned
I don't know man. Like I said, he posts inconsistently for my tastes. But, whatever. Not a big deal to make of, I guess.
You might be too new to GAF. sefskillz, Forza and Manics started another forum called boxstretchhockey.com - Beez sent out the invites via PM.

Jamie Strashin ‏@StrashinCBC

@TOMayorFord says of #Burke: "People were itching to get Luongo in here and he just sat back...u gotta make things happen in this city."#sl

L O FUCKING L

And Gardiner can only leave Toronto when the Gardiner Expressway is torn down

Quick

Banned
Jamie Strashin ‏@StrashinCBC

@TOMayorFord says of #Burke: "People were itching to get Luongo in here and he just sat back...u gotta make things happen in this city."#sl

L O FUCKING L

And Gardiner can only leave Toronto when the Gardiner Expressway is torn down

Fucking LOL.

Cactus

Banned
Brian Burke is a closer, not a builder - Dreger

The idol worship by Leafs fans has been bizarre and amusing. I'll miss that.

I do really think this is a positive for the Leafs. Nonis was the major architect behind the Phaneuf trade (if you liked it) and the cozy relationship that allowed for the Lupul/Gardiner trade has probably been milked dry. Otherwise Burke is responsible for some poor signings (Komisarek, Connolly, Beauchemin) and the Kessel trade. He also failed to get a #1 center (prospect or otherwise) or a reliable goaltender.

Why is this such a disaster?

The issue was that initial media reports implied that the owners were trying to impose their will on an obstinate Burke. If Burke was simply fired in favour of Nonis, I'm fine with that.

Socreges

Banned
I actually dislike Bettman less than I did before the lockout. Strange.

Cant say I'd want to physically embrace him, though.

Edit - fuck campaigns, Gary. Give us discounts

CCF23

Nonis. You want Luongo. You don't need Gardiner. We'll even send you Mason Raymond! Remember him? You drafted him! You love him! Speed.

Top Bottom