• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Kifimbo

What? It's a perfectly satisfactory explanation. Why does there always have to be a conspiracy with anything the Leafs do or don't do?

Because bad performance was true in May 2012. In September 2012. Why keep Burke in office for the draft ? For free agency ? Why let him work this the Marlies for months ? Why let him scout at the WJC ? Also, Nonis is also partly responsible for the performance of the team.

And Burke's personality is well known by everyone on planet hockey. They didn't suddendly discover his style just before training camp.

Bad performance and problematic personality sure contributed to this decision. Because of the timing, I think there is a third reason.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
oh my

when nonis was listing his "building blocks"... he totally ignored nazem kadri

goodbye kadri

have fun in vancouver

The Score ‏@theScore

Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk has reportedly been granted permission to play in the KHL All-Star game on Sunday. http://thesco.re/WAt8s8

lulz if he gets hurt

Actually it is because it is near is home town and...:

Gary Greenstin told the Free Press that Datsyuk, who has been playing for CSKA Moscow in his native Russia during the lockout, has the OK from the Wings to play in this weekend's KHL All-Star festivities in Chelyabinsk, which isn't far from Datsyuk's hometown of Yekaterinburg.

Once that's over, Datsyuk is coming back to the Wings.

"Pavel loves Red Wings organization. He make his name in Detroit," Greenstin said today. "He belongs to them, and Detroit belong to him.

"He has permission to play in All-Star Game. He had reservation to fly the 11th; now I believe he will fly the 14th."

Shows why Detroit's management is still one of the classiest in the league.

VwAMA.png

Mitt wasn´t man enough but now it is time to move out of the spotlight.
R7dIQ.png

2013 Believe!

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
All, I've created a GAF Yahoo! Roto Fantasy League!

There are a handful of spots left, and I'll be taking the first Gaffers who want in (though preference will be given to long-time members of the GAF hockey community.) PM me with your email address if you want in.

There's a rumor floating around that Philly's in on Luongo now too.

Even though we'll probably still wind up getting dumb shit like Bozak for him, the prospect of the trade sure got a whole lot more interesting this morning.

I'm at the acc for the raptors game, burkies hot dogs is still here..... I'm still not paying 7 bucks for a Nathans dog!

I'm sure it'll be randys doghouse in a week

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fun fact: Nazem Kadri is the only player drafted by Burke during his tenure to play an NHL game

This is why MLSE jumped the gun

There's a rumor floating around that Philly's in on Luongo now too.

Even though we'll probably still wind up getting dumb shit like Bozak for him, the prospect of the trade sure got a whole lot more interesting this morning.

If we give up people for Lu we wouldn't give up for Weber I will be furious.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Shocked mostly due to the timing not due to the outcome.

I did think Burke would get at least this season to turn things around, but I guess Robell though differently.

It might not mean much, but
- our farm team has never been more successful than it has been now.
- we have some exciting prospects to look forward to
- our team is better on paper today than it was under JFJ

Still,
- Burke's attitude and high opinion of himself got us stiff on more than one deal
- Burke's close relationships with people on the team, especially fucking Wilson, clouded his judgement
- Burke's combative nature clearly rubbed the media and ownership the wrong way.

What this means is
- Carlyle's job is in jeopardy, on the plus side, Dallas Eakins is in the wings and is doing an excellent job
- edit: answered.
- hopefully, we can finally focus and rely on skill instead of this truculence nonsense. What's the point of being tough when you get pushed around by the Bruins?

Finally,
- just get this fucking show over with already and get Loluongo.

Ignored Reilly, too, FYI.

Is there a team that would actually deny the request? Seems like a no-brainer.

Vancouver would deny it just because they are evil!!!

In reality I'm sure there are a few teams out there that may not allow it because of possible injury and with a shortened season, it could end up effecting the team much more.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My dad said it should be Nonie's Nachos for all the idiot Leafs fans who love melted cheese. Then he laughed and told me to keep up my dreaming. He's so mean sometimes.
Do you and Forza do role reversal on who plays the "father" every now and then?

Top Bottom