• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Heretic

Hey Heretic...

Why does Smith-Pelly play terrible hockey lately? Is it because the Admirals are playing terribly or what? Have any idea? Thoughts? Favourite position to be massaged in? Anything more comfortable you can slip on?
The excuse I'm giving him is that now that he's had a taste of the NHL he probably feels he's too good to be in the AHL and isn't really trying. I'm thinking the onesies aren't turning him on like they used to :'(

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...m/watch?v=p2Rch6WvPJE&start2=0&authorName=FAV

RTMfP.gif

Curufinwe

Sure Holmgren lies when it suits him, but getting a mentally fragile goalie in his 30s with a terrible contract when you already have one of those makes no sense. Especially when you would have to give up pieces in a trade. Unless Toronto really wants him, I think Vancouver will probably end up having to buy Luongo out since his deal is so bad.

http://youtubedoubler.com/6nSE

The excuse I'm giving him is that now that he's had a taste of the NHL he probably feels he's too good to be in the AHL and isn't really trying. I'm thinking the onesies aren't turning him on like they used to :'(

I hope to god that's the case, a bunch of people just not giving a fuck about the AHL... But I always figured players played the way they do for their career stats.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Holmgren wanted Kadri and Kulemin for him...

WHY BURKE WHY

You do know that kadri is as same point as progression as Richards was at his age, right?

Kadri should be ready for full time now, lets see what he can do... Next year is where Richards took off if places side by side with kadri

Beez

Banned
Knew it was Manics/Forza since day three... Way too inconsistent and cares way too much about what his dad thinks.

The name "Beez" even sounds like an account name that a 60 year old pedo would use in a kids chatroom to try and sound "young" and "hip"... Ohhh I'll stick a Z at the end instead of an S, that's cool!

... And then I'll just use a picture of a bee from Microsoft Clipart! Genius!

So mean. I've heard Manics is only 43.

And I love versing the Canucks as much as I do a delicious coffee in the morning.

I get to trash talk people here, friends over there, friends back here who are Canucks fans... SO MUCH COMPETITION!

Plus both teams play like they hate each other.

gaming_noob

Going to be expecting a lot of high scoring games from the Hurricanes this year.

E. Staal
J. Staal
J. Skinner
A. Semin
Ward

The team is stacked.

Revenant

We're all being forced into salt mines after Obama mints trillion dollar coins and buys up all of our guns so we have no way to defend ourselves when china comes in and forces everyone into gay slavery and abortions?

I already started leaving warning cards instead of tips at restaurants. Year 5 of darkness man, it's tough sledding.

Cactus

Banned
Soc,

Nonis referred to Rielly (as well as Gardiner, among others) as a franchise building block during a radio interview shortly after the presser.

For anybody who's interested, here are some other key points: Nonis will not empty the prospect pool for older players. He refers to the Leafs as a rebuilding team, and speaks of the value of long term assets. Not looking for short term gain unless that gain can be extended to the future. He is more "patient" than Burke. Looking to move NHL level forwards. Would move some young players, but only in the right deal.

Merguson

Banned
Soc,

Nonis referred to Rielly (as well as Gardiner, among others) as a franchise building block during a radio interview shortly after the presser.

For anybody who's interested, here are some other key points: Nonis will not empty the prospect pool for older players. He refers to the Leafs as a rebuilding team, and speaks of the value of long term assets. Not looking for short term gain unless that gain can be extended to the future. He is more "patient" than Burke. Looking to move forwards. Would move some young players, but only in the right deal.

Robert Luongo has 10 years remaining on his 12-year contract.

That's a long-term asset right?

MacAttack

Soc,

For anybody who's interested, here are some other key points: Nonis will not empty the prospect pool for older players. He refers to the Leafs as a rebuilding team, and speaks of the value of long term assets. Not looking for short term gain unless that gain can be extended to the future. He is more "patient" than Burke. Looking to move forwards. Would move some young players, but only in the right deal.

This is code for "We aren't making the playoffs, again."

lol, you scrubs thinking the Ducks are gonna be terrible this shortened season are in for a shellshock.

His name is Hiller, and he's Vez-een-aaah.

Competent D in Beauch, evolved Fowler, Sbisa and now heavy shutdown competency in Allen is a better D than most of the other NHL teams.

lol ducks fan callin another team out on d

I'd make a comment about how you're only half the D you were last season, but you've already cried enough today.

Let me know when to stop when I reach the amount of Cups the preds have won!

GWG: Heretic (1)

Aw man, I wanted to be in the Garden next Saturday.

Me too. Well safe to say this has ruined my saturday. Fuck it, I swore I would never go back to the TD BankNorth Corporately Sponsored Garden.Com ever since I went three times and saw the Rangers score a total of ZERO goals...but I'm going.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Would have preferred Mon / Bos opener, at least Boston fans make noise, but playing Leafs will give us a nice win to start off the season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good article.

Elliotte Nochinman is the best journo in the business.
Not really saying much, but it's true.

Apparently Gally might switch numbers from 94 to 27? I hope he stays with 94, don't need to give Hab fans on hfboards anymore reason to compare him to Kovalev.

Top Bottom