• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Always know shit has gone down when I wake up to 8+ new pages on NHLgaf...

You're always welcome back at Anaheim, Burkie! We've had it with Barstool Bob.

AND THANK FUCK FOR NO MORE DUCKS FLEECINGS

Beez has been inconsistent as a poster. One minute, everything he thinks is what his dad thinks, then he's "new" to the Leafs, then he's all of a sudden knowledgeable about the Leafs.

Knew it was Manics/Forza since day three... Way too inconsistent and cares way too much about what his dad thinks.

The name "Beez" even sounds like an account name that a 60 year old pedo would use in a kids chatroom to try and sound "young" and "hip"... Ohhh I'll stick a Z at the end instead of an S, that's cool!

... And then I'll just use a picture of a bee from Microsoft Clipart! Genius!

Not a reference to that, no. Just a joke since plenty of players have gotten injured while cooking, but none during an All-Star game (actually, DiPietro got injured during the skills comp but that's DiPietro).

What'd she do?
She was actually cooking, since the timing was so good I figured that you found it on the web somewhere.

Socreges

Banned
Keep hitting the button rapidly. That's how I feel about the pending Luongo fleecing by the Canucks.
Nonis isn't stupid. And multiple times during the press conference he indicated that he wouldn't be emptying the pool for a shot at fast success.

But given Nonis' opinion of Luongo, the possibility that he's being pressured by MLSE to win now and with Philly maybe driving up the price... I'm a bit more optimistic that Bozak+4th won't be a reality.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nonis isn't stupid. And multiple times during the press conference he indicated that he wouldn't be emptying the pool for a shot at fast success.

But given Nonis' opinion of Luongo, the possibility that he's being pressured by MLSE to win now and with Philly maybe driving up the price... I'm a bit more optimistic that Bozak+4th won't be a reality.

At this point, I just want the gong show over. Let's see the damage either way.

FOOTE

That's what I get for being absolute.

I just think it's so unlikely that no team would prevent their players from participating. There are worse dangers that aren't stipulated in contracts.

I agree for the most part. I just hate the ASG and I think my opinion of it was cemented when that happened.. so meh I'm just bitter.

I do actually like the skills competition, but the ASG? Worthless.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Flyers might get Luongo and buy out Bryz?

tumblr_m6ipyoWdP71r8fgo9.gif

Red_Man

You're too good to me, Red_Man! :'(
Leafs sign Bryz to long term deal 5 million for 5 years.
I would cry so many tears of joy if this happened.

I'm listening to a segment from TSN raido with Pierre Mccguire from yesterday, and he had some interesting / funny things to say:

- On Subban he said from his time during the GM interview process he knows that Habs management knows how valuable Subban is and he is their highest priority, and also says that he talks to Subban regularly and he knows that there is no other place he wants to play. Good news there

- on Lou, he said the Canucks want to move him more for a cap dump rather then focusing on getting picks / prospects coming back, not that surprising

- Radio guy asked him about Brian Burke and he said "There's a lot of pressure for him to get a #1 center and a #1 goalie, and he's running out of time to get it done" :lol

- Radio guy asked him about Brian Burke and he said "There's a lot of pressure for him to get a #1 center and a #1 goalie, and he's running out of time to get it done" :lol

#1 centers don't grow on trees, there's no one he could realistically get. Besides Burke had a #1 centre, his name is Tyler Seguin.

I think any team that has a #1 center, drafted them not traded them.

Burke seemed out of touch with the current NHL, he thought you could trade or sign any missing pieces you need. Don't work that way anymore.

Red_Man

#1 centers don't grow on trees, there's no one he could realistically get. Besides Burke had a #1 centre, his name is Tyler Seguin.

Burke seemed out of touch with the current NHL, he thought you could trade or sign any missing pieces you need. Don't work that way anymore.
Or you can pick Rielly over Grigorenko.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

the question you should ask

should you potentially compromise the quality of a pick you're getting for the sake of filling a hole in which may or may not be open in 4 years when said pick may or may not be ready?

getting the best player available is usually a better proposition

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
HBuvD.jpg

Burkies Dog House removed.
Might as well post this in the "pics that give you feels" thread. Truly a dark day for our sport.

Really though... Double-B was instrumental in building this current Bruins team, and for that, I will always respect him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Might as well post this in the "pics that give you feels" thread. Truly a dark day for our sport.

Really though... Double-B was instrumental in building this current Bruins team, and for that, I will always respect him.

I say in the immediate future, JFJ did.

GOD DAMNIT GIVE US RASK BACK

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Babcock already saying Nyquist will start the season in Grand Rapids. Wonderful. Just wonderful.

Jordan Staal, Brad Richards (was a free agent), and Mike Richards are the recent ones, but for the most part you're definitely right.

J.Staal and M.Richards were drafted by their respective clubs. Brad Richards was the only FA.

Yes the other two were on the market and Burke failed in getting them (although Staal would only play with his brother and wouldn't resign anywhere else).

getting the best player available is usually a better proposition

Oh no I agree, you always draft the best player available.

Top Bottom