• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Merguson

Banned
Cool, just 6 more to go right Lidstrom...

nicklas-lidstrom-with-the-james-norris-memorial-trophy.jpg

There's a defenseman who knows how to play defense.

Wasn't there a report about Ken Holland asking Lidstrom to come back?

Fei

Your avatar confuses me. Is there sth to it? Just Leino holding a Timmy's coffee? (google says 23 is Leino)

Leino worked at Tim Horton's during the offseason for a day (really, but just for some PR I think). I'm just trying to embrace the disaster that is Leino.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Leino worked at Tim Horton's during the offseason for a day (really, but just for some PR I think). I'm just trying to embrace the disaster that is Leino.

Why was he in Canada during the offseason? Or is there a random Timmies in Buffalo? (not Finland, I presume)

Solo

Right because he's so old he's hit his peak and all .....

I'm not saying anything to that effect. He may become a great D-man. I'm just saying that he isn't as of this second. Great talent, but not a great D-man. Too inject some Habs flavour into this, Subban doesn't have the offensive upside that Karlsson does, but he's better defensively. Both players are great overall, but the strengths are different.

I would vehemently disagree with you if it weren't for the fact you watch Subban play night in and night out. This man here knows how to spot shit defense.

bb bg gns pls

Subban is pretty solid in his own end 90% of the time. The other 10% he is hotdogging it for sure, but that will stop with maturity.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There's a Tim's on every corner here in Buffalo. It's ridiculous.

Really? that is... odd. I guess because it's so close to the border. Still odd. I remember seeing one in Manhattan... I tried to pay with Canadian dollars but they wouldn't let me :(

Decent in defensive situations, not great. However the puck isn't even in the sens zone most of the time he's on the ice because of his puck possession and ability to control the flow of the game. One of the most exciting players to watch in the league atm, and fully deserves the Norris.

Cake Boss

Banned
Decent in defensive situations, not great. However the puck isn't even in the sens zone most of the time he's on the ice because of his puck possession and ability to control the flow of the game. One of the most exciting players to watch in the league atm, and fully deserves the Norris.

Bingo.

78 points as a dman doesn't put you in the great category appprently, now that's something.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Really? that is... odd. I guess because it's so close to the border. Still odd. I remember seeing one in Manhattan... I tried to pay with Canadian dollars but they wouldn't let me :(

Tim Horton played for the sabres at the time of his death

Solo

5 too many!

Jokes, I love the Sabes, especially now that they're not sporting the slug anymore.

Solo, what's your take on Subban. Holding out for 6.7 per?

He def wants Doughty money. With Gomez's money coming off the books for next season, he might get it. More than I want to pay, and I'd MUCH prefer a Price/Pacioretty model of a 2 year contract with a smaller amount, but I think Subban won't go for that.

Montresor

Non-NHL tangent: Should I sell my boxed SNES copy of Zelda: Link to the Past (with manual, map etc) or just hold on to it?

There are too many convenient ways to play LTTP on modern hardware to hold on to it.

I would only keep it if it truly gives you sentimental value. Otherwise earn a nice profit and buy LTTP on either GBA (if you have a GBA or DS) or on the Wii's VC.

edit: And now that I think about it are those really the only two ways to play LTTP on recent Nintendo systems? I thought there'd be more options. *beez shrug*

Never opened?

Opened.

Depends on how much you can get.

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. Can't find anything on eBay. Is it a sellers market for SNES collectibles?

There are too many convenient ways to play LTTP on modern hardware to hold on to it.

I would only keep it if it truly gives you sentimental value. Otherwise earn a nice profit and buy LTTP on either GBA (if you have a GBA or DS) or on the Wii's VC. And now that I think about it are those really the only two ways to play LTTP on recent Nintendo systems. I thought there'd be more options. *beez shrug*

The type of people who'd pay good money for it aren't looking to play it, I assume.

No. That is the single greatest achievement in gaming.

It's my pride and joy. But it just sits there in a shoebox doing nothing...

Fei

Lol yeah Buffalo is not anything like Manhattan (which is a good thing if you ask me). And like Dopey said, Tim Horton is part of Sabres tradition. The density of THs here is pretty silly.

Marvie_3

Banned
No. That is the single greatest achievement in gaming.
We'll just add this to the already huge pile of "times bruce has been wrong about something" ;)

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. Can't find anything on eBay. Is it a sellers market for SNES collectibles?

There is but from what I've noticed, prices on most things have been dropping over the past few years. I bailed out on the cartridge game awhile ago and only kept a few things I can't get digitally. I made a ton of money on it for several years but its just not worth it anymore.

Canuck76

Banned
Is NHL game center worth it? Is it pretty consistent quality? You can watch any out of market game right?

I know the NBA league pass is occasionally total trash and just wondered what the sentiments are from people that have used it.

Montresor

SOME of the 3D zeldas. Twilight Princess and the DS ones are shit. Skyward Sword can fuck off twice.

Here are my opinions:

Ocarina of Time - great
Majora's Mask - more than great
Wind Waker - more than great
Twilight Princess - good
Phantom Hourglass - good
Spirit Tracks - pure garbage
Skyward Sword - don't know how good it is and probably won't know for a loooooooong time, because of motion controls

cube444

SOME of the 3D zeldas. Twilight Princess and the DS ones are shit. Skyward Sword can fuck off twice.

Skyward Sword is a total piece of shit.

Have to agree. I loved OOT, but could never get into MM due to the time thing/clock.

I first hated WW and even though its still too easy (it's biggest fault IMO) it's become my second fave 3D Zelda after OOT over time. The art still looks beautiful even today.

They've been getting worse since then IMO.

That's strange considering American money is equivalent to monopoly money these days. You would think Americans would accept superior currency.

Top Bottom