• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Lone, I listed those guys because there's little else on the Canucks roster that could net any immediate value in a trade.

And Canucks-Gaf, is Gillis really the guy you want overseeing a remix, a refit, a rejiggle?

The Canucks' best trade assets are probably Tanev and Edler (if he waives his NTC). There are also their prospects, but I highly doubt Horvat or Shinkaruk are going anywhere. Schroeder could be moved, but who would trade for an injured player?

Also I think Gillis will be canned before he blows up the team. His trade history sucks. He's good at signing players at good prices though.

Var

Just time travel back to the 2012 draft, lock up Holmgren somewhere, and impersonate him with a Mission Impossible mask.

Don't change any of the other picks, though.

Laughts for Matta sounds good to me. Now to get my hands on a time machine...

pringles

You had all of our players on your team didn't you?
The Production Line ‏@TPLhockey 1 t
On Saturday, however, Detroit will become the ONLY TEAM to have 200 mangames lost in each of the last five years, including the lockout one.

This team. This fucking team.

Love your new avatar btw.

The Production Line ‏@TPLhockey 1 t
On Saturday, however, Detroit will become the ONLY TEAM to have 200 mangames lost in each of the last five years, including the lockout one.

This team. This fucking team.

Love your new avatar btw.

HAHAHA..... Wow, we have had terrible injury luck the last few years, this just proves it. Of course doesn't help that all our guys are 80 years old. Also, I felt since we suck and probably won't improve, I might as well show my support of our only star player who gives it his all every game.

I bought rubber hockey tape instead of cloth, did I fuck up, or can I still use that on my stick?

No, some people prefer rubber, I have a rubber stick end for the top of the handle that I still need to put on my stick, but I prefer cloth for the blade.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I think our training staff needs to change the way they do things. This is beyond stupid. So many groin, hip flexor, and back spasm injuries that something has to be going on. Why don't other teams experience the amount of stuff we do? Make all the old age jokes you want, but guys like Helm, Howard, Gus, Weiss, etc aren't exactly old.

I think our training staff needs to change the way they do things. This is beyond stupid. So many groin, hip flexor, and back spasm injuries that something has to be going on. Why don't other teams experience the amount of stuff we do? Make all the old age jokes you want, but guys like Helm, Howard, Gus, Weiss, etc aren't exactly old.

They are surrounded by old guys and that oldness rubs off on them, thus they age much quicker and become fragile faster.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs finally call up some help from Hamilton, Beaulieu and Nattinen.
Praise_e8eaaa_1158386.gif

Should have called up Andrighetto instead, kid has sick hands and has been one of the best forwards all year for Hamilton. Unless he's still injured.

Man how did I get zero points in fantasy yesterday, that's some bullshit.
I was thinking the same thing :lol two big wins from my goalies and like 11 points up front....the fuck

Quick

Banned
No, some people prefer rubber, I have a rubber stick end for the top of the handle that I still need to put on my stick, but I prefer cloth for the blade.

Thanks, Arab.

I googled and it said that the rubber tape is for equipment, that's when I thought I fucked up. It was just $4, so it wasn't like I dropped a lot of money for it. I might just go back to the store and get cloth tape to have some variety.

Red_Man

Sens not happy about Subban's celebration last night, and the sky is blue and grass is green.

Thanks, Arab.

I googled and it said that the rubber tape is for equipment, that's when I thought I fucked up. It was just $4, so it wasn't like I dropped a lot of money for it. I might just go back to the store and get cloth tape to have some variety.

They actually have rubber pads that people use for your blade, I would imagine the tape is pretty similar to that. Didn't know you played as well, GAF pickup game soon!!! No seriously, we need to renew that idea now.

Cool, at least I don't have to live in Michigan. The homophobe back in your lineup yet?

I honestly would rather be in Michigan than California but that's just me, but I would rather be in Hawaii compared to both.

Oh you mean the guy who is better than anybody on your team? Who knows when he will back.

Quick

Banned
They actually have rubber pads that people use for your blade, I would imagine the tape is pretty similar to that. Didn't know you played as well, GAF pickup game soon!!! No seriously, we need to renew that idea now.

It's nothing serious. I don't have time to join any teams, and my skating is probably shitty compared to guys who take it more seriously. I do like the occasional pickup game, though, and I was tired of borrowing sticks.

If Dion can be a captain, anyone can be.

You leave Dion alone, you jerk.

Curufinwe

The Flyers are 32-4-2 against the Islanders since the start of the 2007-08 season.

Cue two losses against them in the next three days.

Acid08

Banned
I honestly would rather be in Michigan than California but that's just me, but I would rather be in Hawaii compared to both.

Oh you mean the guy who is better than anybody on your team? Who knows when he will back.
If only one guy could make your team not total shit. Even with him you're bad in an already weak conference.

Giggzy

Souray medical update:

Had surgery on his wrist today and is out for the remainder of the season.

:( big blow. I know we've been fine without him this season but we will definitely miss his shutdown defense and bombs from the point. Could have definitely used that for the playoffs

zedge

Doesn't surprise me, sadly. Some of the shit I hear at Jets games is mindboggingly stupid. One of the worst things I've encountered are Jets fans giving shit to old Thrashers fans. Like, you think we'd be one of the most understanding and considerate groups who understand what losing a team is like.

As a collective, I think the Jets fan base is actually pretty great. They're enthusiastic and loud. Individually, there are a lot of douchebags.
Hehe. Yea, don't want to bash the fan base. They are loud and passionate. Everyone has their 'gems'. :)

We pulled a back to back win against the Hawks then Blues once and I don't think we'll pull it off again.

What kind of schedule is that anyways!? Blackhawks and Blues in back to back nights is bad enough but having to do it twice!?

Fairly unlikely to pull it off again.

I'm more agitated at the multiple east coast road trips in the same month. Should make it longer and not have to fly back in between for what two home games and fly back out

Giggzy

Fairly unlikely to pull it off again.

I'm more agitated at the multiple east coast road trips in the same month. Should make it longer and not have to fly back in between for what two home games and fly back out

Have faith you fucks. Ducks win tonight 2-1 with Vatanen having the winner. Ducks win tomorrow 5-3.

And our schedule is pretty favoring the rest of the season. Practically all home games. The first half was hard and we came out of it unscathed.

When the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinning circles in the pasture.... DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!

"It was over the top, and I'm really upset"

LOL I can picture a Ford-esque guy on his couch with arms crossed and frowning. All because Subban celebrated a goal.

Red_Man

Bruce Garrioch said:
Fair to say P.K. Subban's post-goal celebration didn't go over well. #Sens

Bruce Garrioch said:
"It looked like Game 7 out there. I've had a few over the top," said MacArthur. "Game 48 is a little odd." #Sens

Bruce Garrioch said:
"The key word there is unnecessary," said goalie Craig Anderson on Subban's celebration. #Sens

Anderson should be more concerned about how bad he shit the bed.

Top Bottom