• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

I never knew Cam Atkinson was a lesbian

8474715.jpg

Merguson

Banned
Holland's 25th game is tonight so we'll give up that 2nd in 2014 to the Ducks. Which means the Kings will get the 2015 pick.

Trade all the 2nds. We've done that in 2013, 2014 and 2015. Where will the 2016 pick go?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched the Oil highlights

Good ol Benny keeping the team in there. Jesus Christ the Oilers are horrific when it comes to clearing and taking away second chances.

I can start two of these three tonight, who should I choose:

Howard vs Los Angeles
Price vs Toronto
Cam Talbot vs Ottawa

And I'm debating on whether to play Nichushkin or Stewart(STL). Leaning toward Nich.

Samyy

Ottawa is hot, so it might be iffy with Talbot but at the same time, I'm not sure I'd let Howard start when Detroit has struggled recently and the Kings are the Kings.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Holland's 25th game is tonight so we'll give up that 2nd in 2014 to the Ducks. Which means the Kings will get the 2015 pick.

Trade all the 2nds. We've done that in 2013, 2014 and 2015. Where will the 2016 pick go?

Lolprospects

All things considered, I still think the deal was good CONSIDERING our centres were injured or suspended. We got some good players coming up, and we're still likely making some trades, so I'm not too bent out of shape about the 2nd round pick.

Samyy

All things considered, I still think the deal was good CONSIDERING our centres were injured or suspended. We got some good players coming up, and we're still likely making some trades, so I'm not too bent out of shape about the 2nd round pick.

Yea Holland has played well and is going to have more of an impact right now then that 2nd round pick, hopefully it doesn't bite us in the ass but meh - not like we traded for some 36 year old or something.

That being said we are still bottom 10 in the league in terms of prospect depth.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 6m

Hearing that goalie Steve Mason has signed an extension with the Flyers. No other details at this point.

Please don't let it be for too long and too much...

Oh who am I kidding...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We shouldn't kid ourselves - there's no way the Leafs would have done anything with those 2nds. At least Holland looks like the 3C, maybe 2C, guy we hoped Colborne would become.

C Peter Holland 28 6 5 11 -1
C Joe Colborne 46 4 7 11 -12

Granted, Colborne plays on an awful awful Flames team
that's still better thant he OiLOLers
. He could still turn into a good NHL player in a few years, but I like Holland much better thus far.

C Peter Holland 28 6 5 11 -1
C Joe Colborne 46 4 7 11 -12

Granted, Colborne plays on an awful awful Flames team
that's still better thant he OiLOLers
. He could still turn into a good NHL player in a few years, but I like Holland much better thus far.

I like to tell myself that Holland's upside is higher than Colborne's - and I do think Holland's stats would be better had Carlyle not used him so atrociously.

Samyy

I like to tell myself that Holland's upside is higher than Colborne's - and I do think Holland's stats would be better had Carlyle not used him so atrociously.

Hes scored 10 points in the 14 games he has played above 5 minutes of ice-time or something close to that, so its very likely had Carlyle not punted him to the 4th line that he would have produced more.

Curufinwe

How The Flyers are looking for the end of 2014's training camp when rosters have to be submitted. RFAs yet to be signed marked in bold. Almost $6m to sign one good free agent or two decent ones. Heeter could be replaced by a backup with NHL experience. I would love to get Khudobin if he would sign for $1 million or less.

FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($8.275m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.000m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Michael Raffl ($1.000m) / Sean Couturier ($1.750m) / Matt Read ($3.625m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) / Scott Laughton ($0.894m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
DEFENSEMEN
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Erik Gustafsson ($1.000m) / Chris Pronger ($4.941m)
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($4.100m)
Cal Heeter ($0.874m)
BUYOUTS
Daniel Briere ($0.000m)
Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,209,720; BONUSES: $212,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,890,280

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I liked how Moen played with Plek and Gionta, I think Therrien should have kept him there and see where it goes. Put Eller and Bournival as wingmen, Briere as center.

Acid08

Banned
St. Louis gets a first period hatty. Fucking cacophony of madness and bounces led to that goal. Stuart right there again too. All three goals Stuart is either knocking them in or not covering the player he needs to.

Pretty good for a guy who's too small for the NHL :p

Acid08

Banned
Boyle says he's still suffering a bit from balance issues, sleep deprivation, and low energy after that concussion from Rat Face. Kind of explains his up and down play since then.

God fucking dammit, I overslept and missed a St. Louis hat trick :(
I was wondering where you were.

Top Bottom