• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Stasis

Really been liking the 4th line for a while now... as much with Carcillo as with Dorsett. Sure they could score a bit more but they're pretty good at setting up in the offensive zone and just grinding it out. Great defence too.

Wonder what happens when Dorse gets back if there aren't any injuries.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This is only the 6th game all season that Bishop has given up more than 2 (!) goals?

hot damn

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If Salo doesn't break himself, he breaks his stick in the most unfortunate moment. Classic Salo. :lol

He and Weber are both -14 despite decent production. Where is sef to tell me why?

edit: Nvm, Jones is -16. Bust.

Weber&Josi are THE NHL D-pair matched up with by far the best quality of competition. Of any NHL D-pairing. So that might be part of the reason for Weber. Jones... no idea.

calder

Also, can't believe I forgot to mention how awesome Troubs was. First star, two goals, hilarious hits, just great stuff from the 2017-2019 Norris trophy winning dman.

If I was an Oilers fan I'd be pretty salty with that OT winner as Trouba (awesomely) knocked the Oilers D right over Bryz and into the goal seconds before tapping in the empty netter lol. Nevermind Trouba knocking guys down all over all day.

Acid08

Banned
SHARKS WIN

tumblr_lz3ls0u8pk1rp784so1_400_zps9372a2af.gif

PAVS FIRST CAREER HATTY

man, St. Louis was a beast that game. No better individual effort tonight but the Sharks were the better team. Swept the road trip, awesome.

If Salo doesn't break himself, he breaks his stick in the most unfortunate moment. Classic Salo. :lol

Weber&Josi are THE NHL D-pair matched up with by far the best quality of competition. Of any NHL D-pairing. So that might be part of the reason for Weber. Jones... no idea.

Oh I thought Weber and Jones played together. JONES IS A BUST I KNEW IT.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lol that Oil Tanker.

Now that I've had another look cause it was boring today, that Edmonton defense is probably worse than an AHL team's defense.

During the PK, I never felt the jets were even challenged and the Oil let them move the puck, set up, and take shots at will.

Bryzgalov, despite the jokes, played well, but at this point I think maybe only Hasek in his prime can save this team. They have to get better defensemen and instil some defense in these soft forwards.

They can score, they skate, they can pass, and they can hit but they can't play defense.

Damn this Miss Canada looks so much better casually than all dolled up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Red, DID YOU DO THIS? Why would anyone put graffiti of Parros up :lol
If I was going to put up graffiti, it would be of Therrien's big ugly mug, with a giant "FIRE THERRIEN" next to it. Whoever did that one did a Subban one too.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I was just rewatching Eller's 4-goals 5-points against the Jets I miss that Eller-Moen-Kostytsin lineup. After that sniporama, all the girls in the audiance want to cheat on their boyfriends.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I was just rewatching Eller's 4-goals 5-points against the Jets I miss that Eller-Moen-Kostytsin lineup. After that sniporama, all the girls in the audiance want to cheat on their boyfriends.
The assists he had in that game show how good he could have been if he played more then 10% of games. What a shame.

Parch

that Edmonton defense is probably worse than an AHL team's defense.
During the PK, I never felt the jets were even challenged and the Oil let them move the puck, set up, and take shots at will.
Bryzgalov, despite the jokes, played well, but at this point I think maybe only Hasek in his prime can save this team. They have to get better defensemen and instil some defense in these soft forwards.
They can score, they skate, they can pass, and they can hit but they can't play defense.
Oiler special teams aren't that bad, but 5 on 5 has been a disaster. Defense is clearly the problem, and I think goaltending has been made the scapegoat.
Soft forwards is directly related to size. Oilers get manhandled and out-hustled by several teams in the west.

Year after year people say the Oilers can create opportunities with speed. What a pile of bullshit. It's fine to have some speed players on a team, but when you have to base a team philosophy on it, it's a losing battle. Size matters in the NHL, and I'll take size + skill over speed + skill any day.

Hopefully the Ducks at least throw the Blues a cleanup towel after the pounding coming tonight.

Lol. It'll be a tough game to win on a back to back.

Why do some people think the Ducks are at some next level compared to the Hawks and Blues? They're 2 and 4 in the league and St. Louis played fewer games.

Top Bottom