• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Socreges

Banned
Chris Cuthbert. Probably my 2nd fav person that commentates Canuck games.
Cuthbert does the play-by-play, not colour.

Cuthbert is great. My problem is with the other guy.

That honestly does not seem to be in the spirit of the rule. Letting yourself get hit by the puck isn't the same as being able to play it.
.....that is 100% in the spirit of the rule, buds. These guys use their skates to play the puck constantly. Filppula lifted his skate a full foot above the ice as the puck came to him.

ZeroGravity

.....that is 100% in the spirit of the rule, buds. These guys use their skates to play the puck constantly. Filppula lifted his skate a full foot above the ice as the puck came to him.
I realize they can use their skates to play the puck, but lifting your skate to avoid being hit by a shot, especially when (in my opinion) it was not done to intentionally to cause the icing, doesn't seem at all the way the rule is meant to be interpreted. Filppula did not have a clean play at the puck.

Agree to disagree.

Socreges

Banned
I realize they can use their skates to play the puck, but
lifting your skate to avoid being hit by a shot, especially when (in my opinion) it was not done to intentionally to cause the icing, doesn't seem at all the way the rule is meant to be interpreted. Filppula did not have a clean play at the puck.

Agree to disagree.
No, no. It was a hard pass to Dalpe (presumably for a tip in since this was the 4th line). Filpulla lifted Dalpe's stick, lifted his skate high to avoid touching the puck, and then looked behind him.

Maybe you need to watch the replay again? Linesman made the right call.

kingslunk

6 points behind Vancouver with 3 games in hand. Stars need to win the next 3. Wild card spot lets go.

Thanks lightning for beating Vancouver.

I want to say Luongo would've made a difference but the defense was porous all night.

Kesler hasn't scored in what, 10 games? He better not be saving himself for February.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Real pic time.

Sup NHL gaf

i-request-the-highest-of-fives-himym.gif

Acid08

Banned
I've done it the past couple of years so I guess I'll do it again. Just have to make the avy and my computer is so far away. Sooooooooooo far.

Boogie

Sounds like the your bad experience was your own fault :/

Sucks you had to deal with that :(

Okay, lazybones was an idiot.

But I (and others, along with a first aid volunteer) legit almost got trampled to death by a ridiculous sardine-can crowd mentality on the concourse during the first intermission.

Smiley90

But I (and others, along with a first aid volunteer) legit almost got trampled to death by a ridiculous sardine-can crowd mentality on the concourse during the first intermission.

Yeah I can totally see that. I don't even want to imagine washroom lineups.

Also, nice tag

Acid08

Banned

Ah yeah, that sounds super shitty.

6 points behind Vancouver with 3 games in hand. Stars need to win the next 3. Wild card spot lets go.

Thanks lightning for beating Vancouver.

The way you are posting makes it sound as if we need 3 wins to get a Wild Card spot.. We only need 1 win to tie PHX but they will have 1 game in hand. Not as dire as you are making it sound.

EDIT: Avatar changed. Real pic w/ Raptor Jesus Peverley

Smiley90

Top Bottom