• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Quick

Banned
Woooooooooooooo!

can you do it for me? <3

Fine.

igB7I7dy7bQw6.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what the backlash will be like if Subban doesn't make the team...
Should be interesting.

I can see no reason for him not to be on the team.
Who would you put him ahead?

The knock against him is he isn't great defensively
and he's Black

Samyy

Who would you put him ahead?

The knock against him is he isn't great defensively
and he's Black

Essentially everybody besides Kieth and Weber

Gauthier was such a stupid pick :( same thing has happened with Biggs too, ugh. Why must we waste 1st rounders on players with no elite talent whatsoever.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
dat Mantha

I'll be happy as long as we don't get blown out too badly

calder

Leaving Ryan off the team is baffling, but you can understand the (flawed) logic of it based on the (weird) views USA Hockey has about their top two lines.

Leaving Byfuglien off the whole way while having Seth Jones there right until the end is just stupid and shows even at the NHL management often struggles to properly measure good defensive play. Subban not making Canada would be an even more stark example of the same problem... but I really think Subban makes it easy now thank god.

Smiley90

Oh god we scored? ahahahahah

aaaahahahahaha

How is this game only 2-1, we're so much worse of a team

edit: okay might not count mhmm

IMHO it's okay. call on the ice was good goal,too

Smiley90

From the still picture it looks like it's RIGHT AT the cross-bar. Call on the ice was good goal, so borderline calls should lean towards good goal. Clooooose call

edit: good goal lawl. We have no business of being at all in this game. C'mon Canada.

Quick

Banned
Is Team Canada the only team in the tournament not wearing ads on their equipment? Team USA has an ad on their jersey on both shoulders, and they're the only other team I assumed didn't wear advertising.

Hockey Canada is really shelling out the big bucks, I assume.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
apparently the winter classic tied the NHL regular season viewership record (with the 2009 winter classic)

kinda impressive considering the 2009 one was chicago vs detroit

Smiley90

Looks like he tried to jump over the stick, got caught up in it and fell :lol

kingslunk

The way you are posting makes it sound as if we need 3 wins to get a Wild Card spot.. We only need 1 win to tie PHX but they will have 1 game in hand. Not as dire as you are making it sound.

EDIT: Avatar changed. Real pic w/ Raptor Jesus Peverley

3 wins gets us the jump over Vancouver if Phoenix decides not to lose.

The more important spot is to have Colorado lose 3 games so the Stars can sneak into 3rd place.

I agree it's not dire. However the sooner we get in a spot the sooner we can start creating a cushion so we don't fuck it up the way we have the past three? seasons.

calder

Good on Dunba for not wanting Pouiiott to feel bad for take the only painfully stupid penalty in the third. Solid teammate.

Top Bottom