• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dumb penalty by Kreider.

I think McPhee is gone after this game.
I never saw him slash anybody. I thought it was for interfering with Holtby, but his body only like brushed by his arm, unless I missed him slash him before that.

Either way, 3-0 after 1 sounds great. These Caps really don't look much like the Caps we've been playing recently. Already looked like they were in desperation mode even before that 5-on-3 happened.

I never saw him slash anybody. I thought it was for interfering with Holtby, but his body only like brushed by his arm, unless I missed him slash him before that.

Either way, 3-0 after 1 sounds great. These Caps really don't look much like the Caps we've been playing recently. Already looked like they were in desperation mode even before that 5-on-3 happened.

He slashed at his glove first.

And yeah, we were basically riding Holtby and Ovi at the beginning of the season.

Ovi only has 4 goals in his last 12 so we're losing.

THANKS MCPHEE

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ that stupid fighting thread...

I also need to give a good talking to Firehawk next time I fucking see him.

At least we got a Don Quick Original out of it.

Roflobear

This is gonna be a really really stupid question since I haven't been following hockey too much until recently. Wasn't Holtby the starter for the Caps to begin with? I remember him being their starter in the playoffs last year and now he's coming off the bench? Is it a similar situation to Lundqvist when he was benched?

Awesome work, Quick.

So those Caps are pretty, uh, not great?

It's glorious. Soon local DC fans will get depressed and forget hockey is a thing. I dream of cheap tickets.

This is gonna be a really really stupid question since I haven't been following hockey too much until recently. Wasn't Holtby the starter for the Caps to begin with? I remember him being their starter in the playoffs last year and now he's coming off the bench? Is it a similar situation to Lundqvist when he was benched?

IIRC, he had a hot hand, so they stuck with him through the playoffs, and moved Neuvirth to backup. When Neuvy was injured, they pulled up an AHLer goalie who played amazing for a bit. Now they all suck, but no one sucks less than anyone else, so their cunning plan is to rotate the goalie corral until someone does well, then they'll run that one into the ground again.

I can't answer your questions because the Caps have been so invisible on my radar lately that I didn't even know Ovi had only scored 4g in the last 12 games...

But I can tell you that Machinarium is blissfully fantastic and you have a great avatar.

Instead of reading that fucking fighting thread I started playing FTL. Hey, even after 20 hours I haven't fucking beaten the final boss. What a game.

FTL! God love 'em. I still only have 2 ship layouts and that game consumes me whenever I start it up. Haven't even gotten to the last sector.

Yep, very similar.

Zach Leonsis @ZacharyLeonsis
Clearly not acceptable. Time to buckle up.

AWE YES

KIKRvbk.gif

RC

Banned
Instead of reading that fucking fighting thread I started playing FTL. Hey, even after 20 hours I haven't fucking beaten the final boss. What a game.

29 hours in and I can't beat the final ship's second form. That's when I gave up.

I'm kinda burnt out on FTL, but it is an amazing game. Have there been any updates on when we should expect the expansion?

Last I'd heard was "early 2014."

Roflobear

I can't answer your questions because the Caps have been so invisible on my radar lately that I didn't even know Ovi had only scored 4g in the last 12 games...

But I can tell you that Machinarium is blissfully fantastic and you have a great avatar

Haha fair enough. Didn't know that about Ovechkin either although he just got another just recently.

Yep, very similar.

I see. Thanks for the insight

And awwww yeah Cally!!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The odds of Ovie NOT scoring on a 5-on-3 are ridiculously low.

Love Cally literally crashing the net. Need more of that.

Stasis

I've seen some pretty awesome passing, but it's been too fancy/confident.

Allowing intercepts too easily now. Simplify that shit a bit boys!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Funny little pop by the crowd when nothing special was happening on the ice. The reason? The Seahawks picked off Kaepernick in the end zone.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Imagine if Subban just did what Sherman did? The league would explode into itself and never be seen again.

Top Bottom