• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Semi-relevant to Hannibal but I was told to watch The Following because I have a hard-on for Edgar Allen Poe.

Kevin Bacon is good in it... But, god... The story and writing are absolute gash. And the completely irrelevant and trashing of symbolism in Poe gets mutilated beyond recognition in it just for the sake of story themes.

The Following? More like Walking In The Opposite Direction..ing.

I started watching the Following last year then Hannibal came out and I couldn't go back.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just started watching Being Human cause it was on my front page of Netflix. Not bad so far.

RC

Banned
Why'd I save all my studying for the last minute?
School starts at 830 in the morning which gives me more than eight hours to study. Should be good, all nighter here I come.

School starts at 830 in the morning which gives me more than eight hours to study. Should be good, all nighter here I come.

My fiance does this every week and then complains that she can't get her sleep schedule under control. Sits there and plays Farmville when she should study. ARE YOU FARMVILLN', WHATEVER YOUR OLD NAME USED TO BE?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Some things never change.

I broke out of bad studying habits because of my major, it's mostly memorization and you can't do that hours before a test, have to spread it out.

zedge

Wat? Why?

Its a closed alpha with NDAs. Read in the gaming thread that posting links to vids was not allowed.

I just started watching Being Human cause it was on my front page of Netflix. Not bad so far.

Really enjoying it so far. Hope it gets a second season but I'm not holding my breath. Love Karl Urban.

*edit.. I read that as Almost Human..lol. Being Human is not bad either.. way behind though. Only watched first season and some of second.

zedge

I felt like I was the only person completely unimpressed with Titan Fall. Wasn't sure what I'm missing that has everyone else all hyped up about it.

Edit: Took me about 10 watches to realize that was Tony Hawk in that gif ^^^ dude has aged like crazy.

Watching that video it seems like its very call of dutyish with mechs and jetpacks. Hope there is more too it. I like that its sci fi though.

Quick

Banned
Really enjoying it so far. Hope it gets a second season but I'm not holding my breath. Love Karl Urban.

That's Almost Human.

Smiley, US or UK version?

I stopped watching both near the end of their second seasons. The UK version got pretty stale for me at that point, and I just didn't have time for the US version. I might have to watch both again and catch up/finish up.

Smiley90

That's Almost Human.

Smiley, US or UK version?

I stopped watching both near the end of their second seasons. The UK version got pretty stale for me at that point, and I just didn't have time for the US version. I might have to watch both again and catch up/finish up.

US version I assume. The one on Netflix.

Quick

Banned
US version I assume. The one on Netflix.

Yeah, probably the US version then.

Song selection is top notch, and I like Sally over Annie (UK counterpart).

Edit: I don't have Netflix, so I don't really know what version is on it. If they speak with an English accent, that's the UK version.

Smiley90

Yeah, probably the US version then.

Song selection is top notch, and I like Sally over Annie (UK counterpart).

Edit: I don't have Netflix, so I don't really know what version is on it. If they speak with an English accent, that's the UK version.

The intro says "made for north american television" or sth, so I'm pretty confident it's the US version. Also the girl is called Sally, so... yeah.

ShaneB

Seahawks/49ers reminded me why Football>Hockey

I still love hockey, but getting more into Football this season just has made me appreciate the 16 game season. Much easier to be more invested for each game for that instead of 82 games. Which is primarily why I tend to show up more come playoff time, where I pretty much watch every night.

I don't think I would have survived the years of IT jobs without an 82 game season. Sure, it makes the individual games more interesting when every game matters more, but the NHL is a gauntlet.

Not to mention that an NFL game is roughly 11 minutes of action padded by 2-3 hours of commercials and 1-2 hours of listening to poor commentary waiting on the snap. That isn't enough to scratch the itch on a weekly basis.

Nothing out there beats the pacing of hockey.

Buy me dinner and I'll show you exactly where ;x

JnwgzdV.gif

RC

Banned
lol

whats the issue

That I shouldn't be in something that requires math beyond the high school level. I should've gone into marketing. Getting over my hate of people would be easier than dealing with all theses variables associated with numbers that come from nothing.

Smiley90

That I shouldn't be in something that requires math beyond the high school level. I should've gone into marketing. Getting over my hate of people would be easier then dealing with all theses variables associated with numbers that come from nothing.

You do realize that marketing also requires math, right.

TUSR

Banned
That I shouldn't be in something that requires math beyond the high school level. I should've gone into marketing. Getting over my hate of people would be easier than dealing with all theses variables associated with numbers that come from nothing.

yeah but like whats the root (LOL) of ur problem dawg

RC

Banned
yeah but like whats the root (LOL) of ur problem dawg

Had an engineering friend of walk me through it. We've established that I can't picture things in my head. And 8 hours isn't enough time to change the way I think.

Smiley90

Yeah, but the math is probably easier.

Basic Math/Calculus is the same for basically all degrees that require math. Science degrees then require more math beyond that.

Given that this is your first semester back... sorry no, it probably would've been the same math. :/

RC

Banned
Basic Math/Calculus is the same for basically all degrees that require math. Science degrees then require more math beyond that.

Given that this is your first semester back... sorry no, it probably would've been the same math. :/

Curse those foul numbers, there's no escape.

Top Bottom