• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

pringles

YOU ARE GOING DOWN ST. LOUIS!!!

Dan Cleary is going to score like 5 goals this game and will lead us to victory!!!
I'm cautiously optimistic. That's the most positive outlook I've had on a game in a few weeks. Helm returning is big, now to see if he can stay healthy the entire game.

Heretic

Speaking of old war stories, I should tell you about this time I was idling in California for a bit. Met this dame, great lady really enjoyed her company, in the biblical sense if you get what I'm saying. Long story short she tells me "if it's a boy I want to name him Acid, after his great-great grandfather" and I says "sounds perfect sweetheart". Needless to say, that night I'm tossing a suitcase into a moving boxcar and I'm ridin' the rails north. In the Tacoma yard I luck out and find a passenger line heading East and I'm back on the prairie before you can say tickety-boo.

Hahahaha!

iLLmAtlc

Fair IMO. Charging the dressing room is pretty outrageous behaviour and IMO coaches need to be held to a higher standard than players. He's done shit before like spraying water at the fan too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NHL punishing coaches more severely for yelling at each other, then the actual players putting other players lives at risk. Can't say I'm surprised.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well there is no rule about what line you can start with. :D As long as they don't start shit.

:lol There is a rule not to intentionally try and derail a game right off the opening faceoff though. You gotta at least try and play hockey. Didn't we have this discussion last night already.

Lol why do coaches always get worse suspensions than players.

Because lol Shanabans

zedge

:lol There is a rule not to intentionally try and derail a game right off the opening faceoff though. You gotta at least try and play hockey. Didn't we have this discussion last night already.

Yea, but if he starts his 4th line and they play instead of dropping gloves I don't see an issue. ;) Don't think we will see a repeat of what happened anytime soon.

Smiley90

Yea, but if he starts his 4th line and they play instead of dropping gloves I don't see an issue. ;) Don't think we will see a repeat of what happened anytime soon.

Oh yeah for sure. But you gotta at least try and play. :p

fallout

Seems like fair punishment to both of them and consistent with decisions made in the past. The NHL Wheel of Justice doesn't apply to coaches, I guess?

Parch

Not surprised with the Torts penalty. A ridiculous outburst like that is just nonsense and a bad image for the league. Plus it's not his first suspension for being stupid.

Not really sure of the justification for the Hartley fine, other than the league not wanting to see teams doing that type of stuff.

Smiley90

Because "Coaches in the NHL bear the responsibility of providing leadership"

Shea Weber really provided leadership to Zetterberg's head, I agree.

Not surprised with the Torts penalty. A ridiculous outburst like that is just nonsense and a bad image for the league. Plus it's not his first suspension for being stupid.

Not really sure of the justification for the Hartley fine, other than the league not wanting to see teams doing that type of stuff.

That's it.

Spl1nter

Im surprised the NHL didn't alter the Coyotes schedule to only play original six teams. They could have over 10000 people in the arena and turn a profit.

Rogers on Demand is garbage. This stream is buffering like it's 1999. My goodness how ironic that the worst streaming experience i've had in years is from my isp's own fucking service. Unwatchable.

Top Bottom