• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Like I said, I like Alberta so much better than California. We win even if we suck.

Samyy

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GZ0KENW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

According to the seller (after being asked), the patch is the Winter Classic one, not the one on display.

$32.00, but will probably be around $50+ when customs is done with you though. I'm tempted to get it.

Fuck it, I went for it - will compensate by getting a regular Kessel jersey
Those are too sexy to pass on...
was 45

I don't own a hat (or gloves) so I'm justifying this dammit

Quick

Banned
Fuck it, I went for it - will compensate by getting a regular Kessel jersey
Those are too sexy to pass on...
was 45

I don't own a hat (or gloves) so I'm justifying this dammit

I pulled the trigger on it, too. :lol

Unless I'm mistaken, it's still gonna be over $50. Canada Post will throw in an extra fee, which isn't part of the shipping total.

calder

burtonjetsi6p1c.jpg

Jets win!

taejaclapqyjit.gif

Perry loses! Jets win!

Because I am made of fucking class (also, am stunned) I will allow Ducks-GAF to post the backwards Donald gif. AM I NOT MERCIFUL.

At least it wasn't the kings to break the Ducks home regulation streak.

Jets goalie was under siege and stole the game.

If the Ducks play this way every game and Hiller isn't having a bad night I like our chances of winning the division.

Heretic

burtonjetsi6p1c.jpg

Jets win!

taejaclapqyjit.gif

Perry loses! Jets win!

Because I am made of fucking class (also, am stunned) I will allow Ducks-GAF to post the backwards Donald gif. AM I NOT MERCIFUL.
Calder, you old fart, congrats on ending our streak. Like my fellow Ducks have said, better the Jets than the queens.

Hiller wasn't Hiller but he's been lights out this whole time so I ain't mad. It was a fun run :)

calder

Well done Calder and Jets-age - glad it was you guys that broke our streak if anything.

Damn it Dastardly, don't ruin this for me by being cool. ;|

Ducks are clearly one of the best teams the Jets have played. I feel like we got the Ducks at like 80-90% tonight and they still utterly dominated for long stretches. Thanks to Hiller's iffy glove hand and some great/lucky saves by Pavs for the win.

Ah man, rewatching the end of the game now, seeing the smiles on the bench and even Maurice cracking a grin is great.

Also before I forget again, well fucking done Anaheim. The talent level in the stands is off the charts, every crowd shot during the game makes me remember how ultra hot women across the US just gravitate to southern California like migrating birds. Even better than the Kings crowds, somehow. Slightly less C level actresses than LA proper but more 10/10 trophy wives in Anaheim maybe.

burtonjetsi6p1c.jpg

Jets win!

taejaclapqyjit.gif

Perry loses! Jets win!

Don't mind if I do!

tN0VO53.jpg

It was a helluva run at home. Jets goalie is impressive. The team is built big and fast.

Gonna cheer myself up with some carne asada fries.

250px-2603619734_d39a837d57_o.jpg

Truthfully had we won I'd have celebrated with carne asada fries. I win either way!

:lol - I will never grow tired of DucksWalkingBackwards.gif

Give Paul Maurice the Jack Adams trophy already. He's put the Jets into another gear. Pavelec is usually so downtrodden and subpar, it's fantastic to see him prove doubters wrong and switch it up another notch occasionally.

Anyway, we've broken franchise records this season. I'll be shocked if we somehow win the Presiderps trophy, smiling if we win the Pacific and beside myself if we achieve any more than that.

For now - we need this Stadium Series win badly! Send a message to the Queens and the league! Lucky for me Hockey Night In Melbourne is hosting a live screening at the imperial pub in the city for all the Melbourne hockey fans. There's about 4 regulars there who are Ducks fans, so it's going to be awesome fun. And then the next day is ORSTRAYLIA DAY. Hooray for a public holiday the day after.

I feel betrayed. Congratulating a Jets fan? You might as well throw shit in my face.

I will always both be adoring and confused by your Jets loathing.

And gosh darn it Smackles, you've now got me hankering for some tasty meat and oil.

This evening calls for a massive burrito, some fine Hobbit pipe-weed, a glass of tequila and lime and a fresh game purchase...

Speaking of which...

22/01/2014 566890605119356530 - Tales of Vesperia - $14.98

Australia gets jipped on game prices again. $5 for North America? Geddouttahere.

Quick

Banned
Smack, you son of a bitch. It's 1 AM here, and I'm craving that shit. Fuck.

My Winter Classic toque order is processing now. Just when I was having doubts on it. Guess there's always returning to the seller if it's not as advertised, but it's probably tough to do a return from here to the US.

What's shady about it for me is the image not matching the description (the logo specifically), and the off-chance it ends up being some weird knock-off.

I will always both be adoring and confused by your Jets loathing.

I explained it all on Salt On The Ice (RIP).

Quick Explains It All.

I'm sure it's already been picked apart, but I still cannot believe a team owner wrote this:

But we’ve also been more active than any team I can think of in rebuilding our organization from bottom to top by supporting player development in OKC and Bakersfield, revamping our scouting organization, naming a new GM and a new coach, signing free agents like Justin Schultz, Boyd Gordon, Andrew Ference, Anton Belov and Ilya Bryzgalov, and trading for players like David Perron, and now Ben Scrivens and Matt Hendricks.

Quick

Banned
I'm sure it's already been picked apart, but I still cannot believe a team owner wrote this:

Edmonton's rebuild feels gimped to me. They seem to have a good young core, but there's still something off about them.

If we're ever doing an NHL-GAF awards, I nominate Smack for Rookie of the Year.

And there's also this gem:

I know this will almost certainly be the eighth consecutive year since we made the playoffs. I hate that fact as much as anyone, but the reality is that this is only year four of the rebuild that started when we drafted Taylor Hall.

YEAR FOUR!

Edmonton's rebuild feels gimped to me. They seem to have a good young core, but there's still something off about them.

Thanks Quick!

I think Edmonton has a lot of talent but they just didn't bother getting veterans who can show the kids how to play at their best the right way and build upon that for a winning environment. All they know is losing, it can wear them down.

Ducks will trade Sbisa for Schultz though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Don't believe his lies, it's another Manics alt

Smack wins new Manics alt of the year.

The same award Bees got last year. (was that least season?)

Top Bottom