• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

yyzjohn

Banned
There is lots to be negative about right now. Kessel and good goaltending is single handedly winning it for them right now.

Yeah I know, they way they play constantly getting outshot and hemmed in you expect them to get blown out. I guess any sort of average goaltending and they are. Not a recipe for long term success.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Just saw the Lowe must go billboard picture. Although I agree that KLowe is a joke, if Oilers fans want to see real change, they're going to have to stop going to the games and force the management and execs to actually build a team worth going to games for.

NWM is usually pretty good but lately he's been going a bit crazy. Blaming the refs for literally everything bad happening to the Wild. And I admit I was complaining about the refs quite a bit last night but its hard not to when the Stars had 7 powerplays compared to the Wild's 1 at one point.

Add that the Wild board has been going crazy for a while now and I just don't post there as much as I used to.

Holiday

Banned
I just got back from a week into the future.

Elliott and Halak drive Armstrong to dump both for picks, acquiring Miller and calling up Allen. Stewart is traded in a fleecing of an Eastern team. Jaskin nets a hatty in the very next game. Best 7-1 loss of all time.

My hand has gone instinctively to my crotch.

fallout

I had no idea this thread existed...

Now that I do, however, I want to share my joy about the big Jets win tonight. Pavelec was on fire!

Really gotta be on a roll to put down the Ducks. (On home ice, in regulation, no less)

Cheers, everybody.
Welcome! The other Jets fans are myself, calder and Erdrick.

Avs-GAF what is the line-up looking like? I need to decide on full salt or half salt.

O'reilly-Duchene-McGinn
Landeskog-Stastny-MacKinnon
Talbot-Mitchell-McLeod
Bordeleau-Cliche-Parenteau (playing 4th as he just got back from injury)

Johnson-Hejda
Barrie-Benoit
Holden-Wilson

If Tanguay is back soon.

O'reilly-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-Stastny-Mcginn
Talbot-MacKinnon-Tanguay
Cliche-Mitchell-McLeod/Malone

O'reilly-Duchene-McGinn
Landeskog-Stastny-MacKinnon
Talbot-Mitchell-McLeod
Bordeleau-Cliche-Parenteau (playing 4th as he just got back from injury)

Johnson-Hejda
Barrie-Benoit
Holden-Wilson

If Tanguay is back soon.

O'reilly-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-Stastny-Mcginn
Talbot-MacKinnon-Tanguay
Cliche-Mitchell-McLeod/Malone

Roy flat out told Parenteau that he was going to have to earn his spot on a top line back. Given that we sucked shit last night who knows if he'll stick to his guns, but I hope he does. I'm so sick of good players being unproductive because they're lazy. Sooo fucking sick of it.

pringles

I don't even want to guess the score for tonight. Thankfully my friend doesn't work so we'll be continuing our play through of Dead Rising 3 instead.

20-0hawks.jpg

Oh, and 20
e-peen
dollars to whoever can guess which Red Wings gets injured this game.

Become a Wings fan, there is plenty of negativity to go around.
Ericsson is playing, meaning we finally have a healthy defense so it's 99% likely either Kronwall or Dekeyser goes down tonight.

Monster is playing and will probably pull a groin.

Helm has played his 1 game without injury so tonight he bruises his elbow and is out 5 months.

Zetterberg hasn't been injured in a while. Tatar is due. Shehan's been too good to not get hurt soon.

And Cleary will break a leg, but keep playing and there will be a noticeable improvement in his skating.

Ericsson is playing, meaning we finally have a healthy defense so it's 99% likely either Kronwall or Dekeyser goes down tonight.

Monster is playing and will probably pull a groin.

Helm has played his 1 game without injury so tonight he bruises his elbow and is out 5 months.

Zetterberg hasn't been injured in a while. Tatar is due. Shehan's been too good to not get hurt soon.

And Cleary will break a leg, but keep playing and there will be a noticeable improvement in his skating.

Pretty much spot on sadly. Everytime I think of this team right now I get pissed off, oh and we have to suck and not make the playoffs in a bad draft year.... This team can't even suck properly, AHHHH!!!!

Edit: I'm still debating what my reaction will be when are officially eliminated from contention, I don't know if it will be on a rage on an epic scale or a don't talk to me, lock myself away for a long time scale.

Quick

Banned

Now that I do, however, I want to share my joy about the big Jets win tonight. Pavelec was on fire!

Really gotta be on a roll to put down the Ducks. (On home ice, in regulation, no less)

Cheers, everybody.

Oh no.

Another one?!

Howard's injury may give Bishop a chance to make the Olympics team.

Apparently only out for a week, but don't worry, he'll come back and get injured again, that is pretty much how this entire season is going.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!! Weiss is apparently skating in full gear again, he will return to us soon with his 2 goal and 2 assists and SAVE THIS TEAM!!!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!!

Screw this season

calder

Cheers, everybody.

withlovebuff19lno.gif

Welcome!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think Montreal will resign Diaz? We could use a guy like him.

Doubt it, and I don't really think they should as I believe they've got some young guys who can step into a bottom pairing role, and will have four regulars signed by then who *sort of* deserve higher spots in the lineup.

I think he'll be a smart pickup for anyone as long as you're not expecting him to come in and anchor a top 4 pairing. He's a solid defenceman though, just soft as butter.

Boullion is Therriens bud. It will take an epic collapse to get rid of Therrien unfortunately.

I just realised this means more PP time for Bouillon. They're going to re-sign him in the summer aren't they?

I also expect Price to stand on his head tonight, and Therrien will feel vindicated in his lineup changes.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Doubt it, and I don't really think they should as I believe they've got some young guys who can step into a bottom pairing role, and will have four regulars signed by then who *sort of* deserve higher spots in the lineup.

I think he'll be a smart pickup for anyone as long as you're not expecting him to come in and anchor a top 4 pairing. He's a solid defenceman though, just soft as butter.

I just realised this means more PP time for Bouillon. They're going to re-sign him in the summer aren't they?

I also expect Price to stand on his head tonight, and Therrien will feel vindicated in his lineup changes.

Wonder if Bourque learned his lesson in respect? He is due for a shot or two.

Vossler

Thanks a lot Blues, losing 7-1 on the night I brave a blizzard from Connecticut. Had to stay in Newark, but did get two more free tickets thanks to the Devils. Wow, did we play terrible.

NWM is usually pretty good but lately he's been going a bit crazy. Blaming the refs for literally everything bad happening to the Wild. And I admit I was complaining about the refs quite a bit last night but its hard not to when the Stars had 7 powerplays compared to the Wild's 1 at one point.

Add that the Wild board has been going crazy for a while now and I just don't post there as much as I used to.

There were a few calls that should have been thrown at the Stars. Like the too many men on the ice call and I think the bench minor agst the Wild was uh?

Either way, the high stick calls were pretty just. All the replays showed the sticks going straight into the faces of Stars players.

The Wild just looked deflated from the opening faceoff :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Del Zotto to Nashville

EDIT: I see I'm late.

Klein with 16 goals, 66 assists, 110 PIM in 403 NHL games. 1, 2 and 21 in 47 games this season and a minus-11 this season

How in the fuck are these WORSE numbers than Del Zotto's? Slats is usually on point with trades, but wtf?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
MDZ traded to nashville

Wat.

Given that I dont know klein but do know MDZ, i'm confused. Also why does Nashville of all teams need more D? I'm sure other teams would've paid more oO

On another note, longest coach suspensions:

12 games - Tom Webster, Los Angeles Kings, 1991
10 games – Harry Neale, Vancouver Canucks, 1982
8 games – Don Perry, Los Angeles Kings, 1982
6 games – John Tortorella, Vancouver Canucks, 2013
4 games – Tom Webster, Los Angeles Kings, 1991

Uuuuuuuuuuh there may or may not be a pattern there.

Top Bottom