• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Erdrick

Great game, Ducks-Age. If it weren't for some poor goals let in by Hiller and Pavelec standing on his head, the Jets would have been in a world of ruin. Not used to the late starts but hey, that's part of the variety that I like with West Coast games. I am still in shock that the Jets won.

I kind of have bad memories of playing the Ducks, as that's where Selanne got hurt really bad in his 2nd year. And the eventual trade of course left me really sad at the time. I'm always impressed at how well the Ducks franchise has done for itself in so little time. They must be doing something right, down there.

San Jose on Thursday. Can we make it 5 in a row? I look forward to find out!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Edmonton's rebuild feels gimped to me. They seem to have a good young core, but there's still something off about them.

If we're ever doing an NHL-GAF awards, I nominate Smack for Rookie of the Year.
I concur with this, Habs-Age rookie has been a complete disappointment this season. The cat really scared him away.

For Habs-Gaf, Fucale won his 100th game today in the QMJHL in 150 games, setting a new record.

Socreges

Banned
Edmonton's rebuild feels gimped to me. They seem to have a good young core, but there's still something off about them.

If we're ever doing an NHL-GAF awards, I nominate Smack for Rookie of the Year.
They lose a lot.

That's as specific as you can get because otherwise the rebuild has been a major success so I've been told.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I concur with this, Habs-Age rookie has been a complete disappointment this season. The cat really scared him away.

For Habs-Gaf, Fucale won his 100th game today in the QMJHL in 150 games, setting a new record.

Nice. It is good Fucale will get a chance to develop and we won't have to rush him.

Come home to see a 7-1 loss what the hell is going on.

I just got back from a week into the future.

Elliott and Halak drive Armstrong to dump both for picks, acquiring Miller and calling up Allen. Stewart is traded in a fleecing of an Eastern team. Jaskin nets a hatty in the very next game. Best 7-1 loss of all time.

Red_Man

One of Edmonton's biggest issues is they've been terrible at drafting outside that first round pick.

Nice. It is good Fucale will get a chance to develop and we won't have to rush him.
For sure, he can take as long as he needs, and eventually back up Price for a couple years, before having to make a decision if his development pans out.

At that point, Kuemper was probably channeling his inner Olaf.

ywvBBZI.gif

Please never be as clueless as this guy.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=78504731&postcount=360

Socreges

Banned
I do not understand why so many of you bother with HFBoards when you all say it's a terrible place.
I never go there. It sounds horrible.

Like that time when I got into an argument with this idiot about shootouts. What an idiot. So stupid. I'd never go there.

I do not understand why so many of you bother with HFBoards when you all say it's a terrible place.

I like the Stars community over there.

I do also like reading through GDT's of opposing teams after I get home from a game. It's like re-living the epic game and watching it fall apart for the other team.

:p

Red_Man

Hfboards is great for keeping up on prospects, as a lot of people who go to AHL / OHL / CHL / SEL,etc games post on there, and give regular updates on their progression. Going there to actually discuss a hockey, or player trades is asinine.

So the Leafs have beaten Rask, Miller, Price, Smith, Varlamov and face Lehtonen next.......

Kessel and JVR have been racking up the points

Kessel and JVR are going to pwn the Olympics :p

calder

The HF team boards are a valuable resource for hockey fans who want to separate their teams future all-stars from the future first ballot HOFers.

Jordie Benn re: his penalty shot tonight vs Minnesota and Jamie's reaction

On if Jamie taught him that move:

“He came across the bench, and gave me a tap and said ‘you’re welcome,’ but no he didn’t teach me that one. He has definitely taught me a lot, but not that one.

Jamie Benn re: Jordie Benn's penalty shot tonight vs Minnesota

On Jordie’s penalty shot goal:

“I’ve pretty much taught him everything he knows. I guess I’ll give him a little bit of credit, but he made a pretty good move there. He has some pretty soft hands and a little bit of patience, and I’ve seen it before, but it’s the first time our fans seen that.”

Haha.. That brotherly love.

So, going through an old thread looking for the canucks president trophy destiny thing, I found a nice example of why we're not worthy of Mike's elevated discussion. Clearly, he saw the future before the 2013 season:

Two straight first round exits for the Hawks. They better hope the cap goes way up during the next CBA negotiations, otherwise they're going to have to trade at least one of their stars to get a goalie.

LOL Crawford imploding.

---

Someone light the bat signal for Wsoxfan

No need. Others in here already commented.

If you're okay with people referring to a disabled man as someone with a "melted candle" face though just so you can make yet another sarcastic response to me though, that's cool, man.

Anyone who would be pissed about that is clearly just too sensitive.

ZeroGravity

Drouin has 62 points in 27 games this year in the Q. Sucks he basically has to waste a year of development in a league that's absolutely no challenge for him.

I had no idea this thread existed...

Now that I do, however, I want to share my joy about the big Jets win tonight. Pavelec was on fire!

Really gotta be on a roll to put down the Ducks. (On home ice, in regulation, no less)

Cheers, everybody.

It's only just dawned on me that I'm finally going to witness the Ducks in an outdoor game in only a few days.

And even better that it's against the goddamn Kings.

I never thought this day would come...

Albeit I never thought an actual Winter Classic would ever EVER come...

... But a cheap inbred cousin of the WC that's complete and utterly whored out for cash is just as good.

And the jerseys suck...

... Outdoooorrrssss [insert montage of kids playing hockey on lakes while an overdub talks about heritage old timey hockey or some shit]

Red_Man

I didn't realize you were going to the outdoor Ducks game Dastardly, that's sick. Make sure you take some pictures to post, I'm really curious to see how it turns out.

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm shocked the Leafs won again last night. They're making it difficult for me to be that negative fan who always finds fault. Back to back wins on the road is pretty impressive.

I don't even want to guess the score for tonight. Thankfully my friend doesn't work so we'll be continuing our play through of Dead Rising 3 instead.

20-0hawks.jpg

Oh, and 20
e-peen
dollars to whoever can guess which Red Wings gets injured this game.

I'm shocked the Leafs won again last night. They're making it difficult for me to be that negative fan who always finds fault. Back to back wins on the road is pretty impressive.

Become a Wings fan, there is plenty of negativity to go around.

Cake Boss

Banned
I just got back from a week into the future.

Elliott and Halak drive Armstrong to dump both for picks, acquiring Miller and calling up Allen. Stewart is traded in a fleecing of an Eastern team. Jaskin nets a hatty in the very next game. Best 7-1 loss of all time.

Halak and Stewart for Anderson and Michalek.

Spl1nter

There is lots to be negative about right now. Kessel and good goaltending is single handedly winning it for them right now.

Curufinwe

Hfboards is great for keeping up on prospects, as a lot of people who go to AHL / OHL / CHL / SEL,etc games post on there, and give regular updates on their progression. Going there to actually discuss a hockey, or player trades is asinine.

Its great to get insight from the really dedicated fans who are watching Morin, Hagg, Laughton and Stolarz play. The Flyers board also has a guy who makes incredible GDTs, and another guy who churns out fascinating statistical breakdowns.

The people there with crazy grudges against players really amuse me. Like the St Louis fan who hates Couturier so much he thinks he shouldn't be in the league.

Top Bottom