• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Heretic

Jets are gonna be tough tonight, they're playing with tons of confidence.

Stalock is starting for us tonight. Buttfuglyen always gives us a hard time so him at forward means trouble. Hopefully Burns beats him in the dman-turned-forward battle tonight.

Unless Niemi has an off night, Sharks SHOULD win.

Curufinwe

What are you basing this on? The best looking game this gen so far is Ryse and Forza looks amazing as well. In the future there might be some undeniable power difference, but it is apparent at all now.

TR has double the framerate, Ghosts has double the pixels, BF4 and AC4 run at 50% higher resolutions, etc. The difference is here now and won't go anywhere because one machine has a significantly better GPU.

my roommates are going to the FREEWAY FACEOFF tonight

i'm gonna have nachos at home and masturbate

That sounds a whole lot better than watching Dustin Brown play.

I honestly wonder if people really care about that stuff or if they just want to shit on the competition.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!?

fuck the queens though.

I'm absolutely convinced that most people nowadays are just looking to be outraged over something.

We've developed a culture in the West recently where everybody just wants an excuse to be angry and outraged. Especially on NeoGAF. I've seen people get high and mighty and inexcusably upset over the most stupidest of shit.

"OH YOU FOLD YOUR TOILET PAPER? SO DID HITLER, YOU FUCKING CUNT"

If there's even a remote possibility for somebody to take the high road and white knight, you bet your bottom dollar they'll do it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
TR has double the framerate, Ghosts has double the pixels, BF4 and AC4 run at 50% higher resolutions, etc. The difference is here now and won't go anywhere because one machine has a significantly better GPU.

it's actually not significant.

fun fact: did you know that this gen is the 2nd closest gen in terms of relative power? or are you going to be an annoying muppet and keep posting console war shit in here too?

Ducks-age, fresh reminder of this years fleecings which only just occurred to me after looking at 2014 Draft info

The Anaheim Ducks' fourth-round pick will go to the Washington Capitals as the result of a trade on September 29, 2013 that sent Mathieu Perreault to Anaheim in exchange for John Mitchell and this pick.

The Anaheim Ducks' fifth-round pick will go to the Pittsburgh Penguins as the result of a trade on February 6, 2013 that sent Ben Lovejoy to Anaheim in exchange for this pick

The Anaheim Ducks' sixth-round pick will go to the Calgary Flames as the result of a trade on November 21, 2013 that sent Tim Jackman to Anaheim in exchange for this pick.

And we have 2 first round and 2 second round picks.

Thanks Leafs/Sens.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I was surprised to see Lovejoy on the top pairing when I watched a Ducks game last week, and hearing him referred to as a top pairing defenceman is weird too after seeing him play in Pittsburgh. Good for the Ducks.

Heretic

I was surprised to see Lovejoy on the top pairing when I watched a Ducks game last week, and hearing him referred to as a top pairing defenceman is weird too after seeing him play in Pittsburgh. Good for the Ducks.

He's come a long way. Was a fan last season and he almost didn't stay in Anaheim cause he wanted more money than what the Ducks were offering but he took a discount because he liked playing here.

Ducks-age, fresh reminder of this years fleecings which only just occurred to me after looking at 2014 Draft info

And we have 2 first round and 2 second round picks.

Thanks Leafs/Sens.

Players always crank it up when they come to play in Anaheim. Love it. It's gotta be the women here.

We were just as surprised as you. Nobody had any expectations for him, and now he's set a high bar for himself.

Not Cheechoo or Blake levels of expectations, but at this point we expect him to be consistently better than Sbisa. Which he has been.

Heretic

We were just as surprised as you. Nobody had any expectations for him, and now he's set a high bar for himself.

Not Cheechoo or Blake levels of expectations, but at this point we expect him to be consistently better than Sbisa. Which he has been.

The atmosphere in the locker room goes a LONG way. I almost teared up when he said he loved playing with the Ducks and would love to play his entire career with Koivu.

He and Cam are great. Sbisa seems like the odd man out now which I'm honestly a bit disappointed.

Stanton is healthy again? Wooooooo!

We're finally starting to resemble ourselves again.

Schroeder was also sent to Utica on a conditioning stint, so when he's back the lines might look like this:

Sedin-Kesler-Burrows
Kassian-Richardson-Booth
Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen
Sestito-Lain-Weise
Dalpe

A first line, two third lines, and a fourth.

Looking forward to a 0-0 game tonight.

Heretic

Schroeder was also sent to Utica on a conditioning stint, so when he's back the lines might look like this:

Sedin-Kesler-Burrows
Kassian-Richardson-Booth
Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen
Sestito-Lain-Weise
Dalpe

A first line, two third lines, and a fourth.

Is today the end of Henrik's streak or did that happen already? Also, what game did he get hurt in?

I almost teared up when he said he loved playing with the Ducks and would love to play his entire career with Koivu.

He and Cam are great. Sbisa seems like the odd man out now which I'm honestly a bit disappointed.

AWWWWW <3

Yeah, it's getting dubious when we actually have to start thinking about where his future lies. Trade bait at the moment.

ALRIGHT KIDDO, YER GOIN' BACK TO PHILADELPHIA!

Is today the end of Henrik's streak or did that happen already? Also, what game did he get hurt in?

He missed the Edmonton game on Tuesday.

I'm guessing the Hanzal cross-check in the Phoenix game did him in. He did play the next game vs. Calgary but only lasted two periods.

How is there a 37-page thread on the frame-rate of Tomb Raider.

Gaming side is full of kids desperate to prove who has a bigger e-peen and why their choice of console is better than the others.

I agree. Ryse is sexy as fuck and I loved the ending. Felt like a total badass after! I'm talking about the GPU. The numbers don't lie and that's the only thing that's apparent when comparing the two.

Ryse was amazing, absolutely loved the game. If it was a 40 dollar title, I could have seen it reviewed much more favorably.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

It took three separate injuries to force Tortorella to tell him not to play anymore.

He broke is finger about a week and a half ago. Then got speared into the ribs by Hanzal a week ago and played like that in the Calgary game where he was already half zombie... Then got hit again, went full zombie and Tortorella told him to not play in the third period.

Sad, but it's definitely the best for him to recover from all the injuries for once instead of playing through them.

Santorelli got hurt by Hanzal in the same game a few minutes later and is also out.

fallout

After the win against the Ducks, my concern isn't so much that the Jets win tonight, but that they don't come out flat. Also, if they do end up losing tonight, that it doesn't initiate a downward spiral of Jetsyness like it always has in the past.

After the win against the Ducks, my concern isn't so much that the Jets win tonight, but that they don't come out flat. Also, if they do end up losing tonight, that it doesn't initiate a downward spiral of Jetsyness like it always has in the past.

That's where the coaches job comes into play. And with the way Maurice has been lately, you shouldn't need to worry.

Erdrick

I'm very cautiously optimistic about tonight. I don't think that they played that hot against the ducks, but just had a goalie that had an off night. Pavelec also played superb and looked more like he did pre-contract, which helps a lot. In any case, it's been exciting to really look forward to Jets games as of late. The team was really down prior to Maurice's hiring.

Let's hope they just focus and don't make too many boneheaded mistakes tonight. (Has Bogosian seemed out of it this year to everyone else, or is it just me?)

Acid08

Banned
I'm very cautiously optimistic about tonight. I don't think that they played that hot against the ducks, but just had a goalie that had an off night. Pavelec also played superb and looked more like he did pre-contract, which helps a lot. In any case, it's been exciting to really look forward to Jets games as of late. The team was really down prior to Maurice's hiring.

Let's hope they just focus and don't make too many boneheaded mistakes tonight. (Has Bogosian seemed out of it this year to everyone else, or is it just me?)
8-19-88 GONNA RIP YOU UP

The rest of the team....who knows!!!!!!! Having Couture out really hurts. Our backup is starting too, he has been stellar so far buuuuuuut he still hasn't had many starts.

Erdrick

8-19-88 GONNA RIP YOU UP

The rest of the team....who knows!!!!!!! Having Couture out really hurts.

All I know about the Sharks is that they kick the red wings around each time they meet in the first round of the playoffs. And I think we beat you last time we played here? I don't recall. Once we play some more, we can get some kind of rivalry going. Want Setoguchi back though?

Top Bottom