• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

MacKinnon is centering Parenteau and Talbot, so projected forward lines are...

O'reilly-Duchene-McGinn
Landeskog-Stastny-Tanguay
Parenteau-MacKinnon-Talbot
Cliche-Mitchell-McLeod/Bordeleau

It's possible Tangs starts on the 4th and Mitchell plays on the 2nd. No way Cliche gets scratched over Bordeleau since Cliche is actually useful on the PK. Hopefully we have seen the last of Bordie.

Doesn't count, you weren't even a hockey fan when it happened.

We would have won the cup that year too, if we didn't hit so many posts. I'm still salty about 1999.

Just needs a McDonalds logo somewhere and it would be perfect.

Who's to say there isn't one taking up the entire back?

calder

Got a ticket for the Jets game this Saturday vs the Leafs. A bit nervous, if the Jets shit the bed it'll be rough to sit through the goddamn Leafs winning but on top of that the presence of Leafs fans at MTS makes it so much worse to imagine. At least we have less of a Leaf fan infestation than most arenas.

I was offered two tickets but declined the second. If I can't take Quick to the game, I won't take anyone.

Got a ticket for the Jets game this Saturday vs the Leafs. A bit nervous, if the Jets shit the bed it'll be rough to sit through the goddamn Leafs winning but on top of that the presence of Leafs fans at MTS makes it so much worse to imagine. At least we have less of a Leaf fan infestation than most arenas.

I was offered two tickets but declined the second. If I can't take Quick to the game, I won't take anyone.

I think it's nice the Jets are offering free tickets to senior citizens.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Dont worry - in time we will dominate your arena too

RC

Banned
Pretty sure I aced my Physics exam this morning. Plus it's a half day! Everything's coming up Desib- uh... RC!

calder

I think it's nice the Jets are offering free tickets to senior citizens.

image.jpg

The tickets are my family's season tickets, I could have taken both but I'll just go with my brother instead. I feel guilty taking one free ticket as it is.

Dont worry - in time we will dominate your arena too

burnity6o4g.gif

zedge

I honestly wonder if people really care about that stuff or if they just want to shit on the competition.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!?

fuck the queens though.
Its just an arguing point for these type of people. Most wouldnt notice and couldn't care less. I guess the Sony fanboys are just eating up the reversal of roles so to speak from last gen.

Samyy

Its just an arguing point for these type of people. Most wouldnt notice and couldn't care less. I guess the Sony fanboys are just eating up the reversal of roles so to speak from last gen.

Its partly that.
Its also due to the fact that an xbox exec, Albert Penollo, came on GAF and started talking about how Microsoft (the great inventor of direct x) wouldn't give up a 30%+ advantage to Sony and that games would be pretty much the same.

He also said he would look forward to getting an apology from gaf when this came to fruition.

And behold! A 30FPS difference! So a lot of people are laughing about that.

Because an HD port of a year old game is the best measuring stick for these things.

This is why you don't fucking buy this shit at launch people. You have to start caring about shit like that when you do.

zedge

Its partly that.
Its also due to the fact that an xbox exec, Albert Penollo, came on GAF and started talking about how Microsoft (the great inventor of direct x) wouldn't give up a 30%+ advantage to Sony and that games would be pretty much the same.

He also said he would look forward to getting an apology from gaf when this came to fruition.

And behold! A 30FPS difference! So a lot of people are laughing about that.

lol. Is it confirmed that this difference is real though? With regards to TR.

Because an HD port of a year old game is the best measuring stick for these things.

This is why you don't fucking buy this shit at launch people. You have to start caring about shit like that when you do.

Bah I have both and am enjoying them without worrying about that stuff. :p

Heretic

my roommates are going to the FREEWAY FACEOFF tonight

i'm gonna have nachos at home and masturbate

What section are they in and would they know I'm talking about you if I yelled "Clydefrog blows" or something along those lines?

lol. Is it confirmed that this difference is real though? With regards to TR.

Bah I have both and am enjoying them without worrying about that stuff. :p
Best way to enjoy gaming.

There's absolutely no doubting that there's a gap in power. The difference, no matter how big or small, will always be magnified ten-fold.

What section are they in and would they know I'm talking about you if I yelled "Clydefrog blows" or something along those lines?

Best way to enjoy gaming.

There's absolutely no doubting that there's a gap in power. The difference, no matter how big or small, will always be magnified ten-fold.

What are you basing this on? The best looking game this gen so far is Ryse and Forza looks amazing as well. In the future there might be some undeniable power difference, but it is apparent at all now.

Heretic

What are you basing this on? The best looking game this gen so far is Ryse and Forza looks amazing as well. In the future there might be some undeniable power difference, but it is apparent at all now.

I agree. Ryse is sexy as fuck and I loved the ending. Felt like a total badass after! I'm talking about the GPU. The numbers don't lie and that's the only thing that's apparent when comparing the two.

they have a box :|

Nice! You going on Saturday? Also, fucking jealous about your trip in June...

I agree. Ryse is sexy as fuck and I loved the ending. Felt like a total badass after! I'm talking about the GPU. The numbers don't lie and that's the only thing that's apparent when comparing the two.

The numbers dont lie but we will have to wait and see if anyone can actually take advantage of that extra power. I remember a lot of posts on gaf about how powerful the PS3 was going to be, and how underpowered the Xbox 1.5 would look by comparison.

Heretic

The numbers dont lie but we will have to wait and see if anyone can actually take advantage of that extra power. I remember a lot of posts on gaf about how powerful the PS3 was going to be, and how underpowered the Xbox 1.5 would look by comparison.

Hahaha I remember that too. But I agree with you, yankee. We still need to play someday. If you suck at KI, we could play that.

Clydefrog

Nice! You going on Saturday? Also, fucking jealous about your trip in June...

no way i'm going to the stupid stadium series! i don't have binoculars strong enough

also, i can't spend any money because of my trip in june. lol

What about "Clydefrog sucks at pool"?

i'm starting to regret buying that game. everyone's beating me. i can't believe you did that having never played the game before

Samyy

Just want to chime in here and say that PS3 was using a foreign architecture by comparison and now the architectures are very similar, using a industry standard so not sure that comparison is appropriate.

Oh and were going to lose tonight, I can feel it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Emelin back in with Markov on the right side, and Subban with Murray at practice today. Therrien has officially gone full retard.

If you guys need a good laugh, check this out. I think Acid will get a kick out of a little blurb in there too.

http://www.battleofcali.com/2014/1/23/5335590/los-angeles-kings-gameday-kill-corey-perry-anaheim-ducks

The MVPerry hate is delicious!

I'm dying with laughter at how amazingly filled it is with equal parts jest and hate.

"Perry would go on to embarrass himself numerous times. Unlike Dustin Brown, who's antics are cheeky and fun and that only hurt guys that suck at hockey and who don't belong in the NHL anyways, Corey Perry is just a feeble mess."

LeBrun feature on Joe "Big Dick" Pavelski. Nice to see him getting more attention, LeBrun has always been great about giving Cali teams(especially the Sharks) a lot of love.

Yep, he was RIGHT THERE when news of the Jets beating our streaks broke.

Acid08

Banned
Jets are gonna be tough tonight, they're playing with tons of confidence.

Stalock is starting for us tonight. Buttfuglyen always gives us a hard time so him at forward means trouble. Hopefully Burns beats him in the dman-turned-forward battle tonight.

Top Bottom