• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Hey dstrdl a koala named Canberra is moving into my Animal Crossing village. We don't want none of your fuckin' refugees here.

And if you've even taken a glance at Australian politics on the worlds stage, you'll see that we don't want them here either.

STOP THA FUCKIN' BOATS TONY

Fuck Australia. We're terrible.

I mean... Yeah... Canberra. Say hi from me willya.

NHL-GAF awards.

I swear to god if HarmonicOooh.gif doesn't get Gif Of The Year award, I'm going to steal all the volleyballs in LA.

Also this is a good idea. Let's do it. It's also incredibly masturbatory enough to be gratifying.

... I've been waiting so SO long to drop the word 'masturbatory' in context.

How exhausting it must be to be CrazedArabMan.

Considering work is also pretty stressful right now/uncertain future... Yes it is pretty exhausting at the moment.

K I can't sleep, I'm thinking of ideas for end-season NHL-GAF awards. So far I've got:

Basic awards:

Gif of the Year Award
MVP (best overall poster)
Rookie of the year
Post of the year

Special awards:

Sidney Crosby Award for biggest whiner
CrazedArabMan Memorial Trophy for biggest meltdown*
Tabris Sadly-Not-Memorial Trophy for biggest delusion
Bubble Award for biggest ban evasion
Lower Body Injury Survival Trophy for best team captain
Salt on the Ice Trophy for saltiest NHL-GAF poster

*to be awarded to CrazedArabMan until he retires or dies, whichever comes first

... K I'm too tired now to judge whether these make sense or to think up more.

An award in my honor? You are too kind.

Var

I just discovered that Star Citizen will have piracy and smuggling as a possible course of career and now I need that game again.

I keep going back and forth on it. It looks cool but I am not sure they can pull off all the stuff they are claiming.

I keep going back and forth on it. It looks cool but I am not sure they can pull off all the stuff they are claiming.

I don't go back and forth on it I'm just like "Man this seems fucking great!!!" and then I forget about it because nothing is fucking happening or being released and then I hear something I didn't know about it and the cycle repeats. I want that game to be a thing already.

I've gotten more excited about Star Citizen with the release of Organizations on the website, but overall I'm trying to ignore it so I don't get overhyped again with it so far from release.

NHLGaf in space would be amazing though.

NHLGAF in space would be a pirate organization god damnit.

I feel like it would be a totally inept pirate organization though.

USA's opening ceremony uniform, what the hell is this?

375711_10152344149516055_1192139294_n.jpg

K I can't sleep, I'm thinking of ideas for end-season NHL-GAF awards. So far I've got:

Basic awards:

Gif of the Year Award
MVP (best overall poster)
Rookie of the year
Post of the year

Special awards:

Sidney Crosby Award for biggest whiner
CrazedArabMan Memorial Trophy for biggest meltdown*
Tabris Sadly-Not-Memorial Trophy for biggest delusion
Bubble Award for biggest ban evasion
Lower Body Injury Survival Trophy for best team captain
Salt on the Ice Trophy for saltiest NHL-GAF poster

*to be awarded to CrazedArabMan until he retires or dies, whichever comes first

... K I'm too tired now to judge whether these make sense or to think up more.
Time to win an award

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm bored. Working an 11pm to 7am shift at work. I made this thread over at HF. Please laugh at me and ridicule me... hahaha.

----------

Here are my ideal Stanley Cup playoffs:

Round 1: Toronto defeats Boston Bruins in 7 games

Toronto redeems themselves for last year's game 7 collapse. They exorcise the Bruins demons once and for all. Phil Kessel scores 4 goals and 4 assists in the series.

Round 2: Toronto defeats Montreal Canadiens in 5 games

Toronto with home ice advantage. Toronto wins the first three games. Game three ends with epic fights. Gallagher vs Kadri. Phaneuf vs. Subban. Lupul vs Moen. McLaren vs Gorges. Orr vs Bourque. Gleason vs Prust. Montreal is absolutely bloodied. Toronto loses game four in Montreal, and the Gazette's front page headline says "Espoir". In game 5, Gallagher then gets a 2-minute minor in overtime for embellishment, and Kadri ends up scoring the overtime winner in the ensuing power play to advance the Leafs to the conference finals for the first time since 2002.

Round 3: Toronto defeats Pittsburgh Penguins in 4 games

Phaneuf shuts down Crosby. Phaneuf finishes the series with 29 minutes of ice time per game on average and a +2 rating . Crosby finishes the series with 1 goal, 1 assist, and a -3. Fleury implodes again in the playoffs and has a 3.87 GAA while Bernier shuts the door and records three shutouts in this 4-game sweep.

Round 4: Toronto defeats Vancouver Canucks in 7 games

Vancouver with home ice advantage. Vancouver wins the first three games of the series and Team 1040 radio starts planning the Cup parade around the Rocky Mountains. Then Toronto wins game 4 in overtime. Leafs fans go crazy. Vancouver bloggers say "Don't worry, we got this."

Then Toronto wins game 5 in overtime again at the Rogers Centre. The Vancouver fans in the arena let out a collective gasp. They don't want to admit it, but they are feeling the heat. Team 1040 hand waves the issue and says they just need to double shift the Sedin line with another winger in order to secure a game 6 victory.

Game six is in Toronto. In game 6, the game is tied 1-1, and Henrik Sedin is all alone on a breakaway with 1 minute left in the third period. Bernier pulls a Tim Thomas and launches out of his crease and concusses Henrik Sedin with a clean shoulder check. Phaneuf retrieves the puck and makes a cross-ice pass to send Clarkson on a breakaway. Clarkson pulls off the Peter Forsberg inside-outside dangle and scores. Vancouver pulls their goalie and Bernier scores an empty netter. Gardiner Expressway traffic slows to a crawl - it takes 4+ hours for people to get home.

In game 7, in Vancouver, the Leafs go up 5-0 quickly in the first period and chase Luongo out of the net. Leafs throw out goon line and McClement line for the rest of the game, because Carlyle has class and won't run up the score. Even though the game is in Vancouver, half the arena is filled with Leafs fans, so you can audibly hear the crowd count down from 10, 9, 8, .... 3, 2, 1 and then the ending buzzer sounds.

Kessel wins the Conn Smythe.

Just gunning right for that Tabris Award, huh? I dig it.

kingslunk

I'm bored. Working an 11pm to 7am shift at work. I made this thread over at HF. Please laugh at me and ridicule me... hahaha.

----------

Here are my ideal Stanley Cup playoffs:

Round 1: Toronto defeats Boston Bruins in 7 games

Toronto redeems themselves for last year's game 7 collapse. They exorcise the Bruins demons once and for all. Phil Kessel scores 4 goals and 4 assists in the series.

Round 2: Toronto defeats Montreal Canadiens in 5 games

Toronto with home ice advantage. Toronto wins the first three games. Game three ends with epic fights. Gallagher vs Kadri. Phaneuf vs. Subban. Lupul vs Moen. McLaren vs Gorges. Orr vs Bourque. Gleason vs Prust. Montreal is absolutely bloodied. Toronto loses game four in Montreal, and the Gazette's front page headline says "Espoir". In game 5, Gallagher then gets a 2-minute minor in overtime for embellishment, and Kadri ends up scoring the overtime winner in the ensuing power play to advance the Leafs to the conference finals for the first time since 2002.

Round 3: Toronto defeats Pittsburgh Penguins in 4 games

Phaneuf shuts down Crosby. Phaneuf finishes the series with 29 minutes of ice time per game on average and a +2 rating . Crosby finishes the series with 1 goal, 1 assist, and a -3. Fleury implodes again in the playoffs and has a 3.87 GAA while Bernier shuts the door and records three shutouts in this 4-game sweep.

Round 4: Toronto defeats Vancouver Canucks in 7 games

Vancouver with home ice advantage. Vancouver wins the first three games of the series and Team 1040 radio starts planning the Cup parade around the Rocky Mountains. Then Toronto wins game 4 in overtime. Leafs fans go crazy. Vancouver bloggers say "Don't worry, we got this."

Then Toronto wins game 5 in overtime again at the Rogers Centre. The Vancouver fans in the arena let out a collective gasp. They don't want to admit it, but they are feeling the heat. Team 1040 hand waves the issue and says they just need to double shift the Sedin line with another winger in order to secure a game 6 victory.

Game six is in Toronto. In game 6, the game is tied 1-1, and Henrik Sedin is all alone on a breakaway with 1 minute left in the third period. Bernier pulls a Tim Thomas and launches out of his crease and concusses Henrik Sedin with a clean shoulder check. Phaneuf retrieves the puck and makes a cross-ice pass to send Clarkson on a breakaway. Clarkson pulls off the Peter Forsberg inside-outside dangle and scores. Vancouver pulls their goalie and Bernier scores an empty netter. Gardiner Expressway traffic slows to a crawl - it takes 4+ hours for people to get home.

In game 7, in Vancouver, the Leafs go up 5-0 quickly in the first period and chase Luongo out of the net. Leafs throw out goon line and McClement line for the rest of the game, because Carlyle has class and won't run up the score. Even though the game is in Vancouver, half the arena is filled with Leafs fans, so you can audibly hear the crowd count down from 10, 9, 8, .... 3, 2, 1 and then the ending buzzer sounds.

Kessel wins the Conn Smythe.

Leafs fans are delusional.

Samyy

Doesn't count, you weren't even a hockey fan when it happened.

I've had to deal with Steen, Datsyuk and Harding being on IR for however the fuck long now. I don't have a good feeling about Harding, he's been out with MS related issues since early Decemberish?

Ah that sucks, yea I think Harding is probably done for the season sadly...

Top Bottom