• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames
Per Ken Holland, #RedWings placed Johan Franzen on IR this morning after he experienced concussion symptoms. Had only just returned.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Wings skating with these lines: Nyquist-Andersson-Abdelkader, Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Cleary-Helm-Alfredsson, Miller-Glendening-Eaves.

Oh wow, Philly is going to go in hard with no lube tonight on us, that lineup without Franzen, Z, or Datsyuk is beyond rough. The only bright spot is still that 2nd lineup. Well I guess this is the true beginning of the end for us. And we were actually starting to get points and solidifying a playoff spot. :/

LevelNth

Banned
Kulemin with 4 points in his last 6
I guess playing players in an offensive role helps if you want them to produce offensively -shock-
Lol oh yeah he's been sooooo great. Both assists were on empty netters and one of his two goals was a Gunner shot that banged off his leg NOT as he was screening the goalie, but by fluke as he was attempting to skate to his slot on the left.

In January since being put in this new role, he's essentially had one goal (against Buffalo) in 11 games. By comparison line mates Lupul and Kads have 4G,4A and 1G,9A respectively, both in bad slumps.

Guys, time to admit I'm right. Kulemin sucks.

pringles

Oh wow, Philly is going to go in hard with no lube tonight on us, that lineup without Franzen, Z, or Datsyuk is beyond rough. The only bright spot is still that 2nd lineup. Well I guess this is the true beginning of the end for us. And we were actually starting to get points and solidifying a playoff spot. :/
Had a feeling Franzen was rushing things. He was only 3 days symptom free. Guessing he'll miss the olympics now. 4 of our 5 best players out of the lineup, yeah, guess our luck wasn't starting to turn after all.

Lineup tonight looks like a snapshot of our team 5 years from now. Including Cleary. Nyquist-Andersson-Abdelkader 1st line. That is some kind of something.

Samyy

Lol oh yeah he's been sooooo great. Both assists were on empty netters and one of his two goals was a Gunner shot that banged off his leg NOT as he was screening the goalie, but by fluke as he was attempting to skate to his slot on the left.

In January since being put in this new role, he's essentially had one goal (against Buffalo) in 11 games. By comparison line mates Lupul and Kads have 4G,4A and 1G,9A respectively, both in bad slumps.

Guys, time to admit I'm right. Kulemin sucks.

If it was Clarkson with that goal of his leg everyone would be gushing about his front of net presence on that goal.

Nah Flyers are done playing well.

Still a "wide gulf" between the Rangers and Callahan and Girardi on their contracts. Both are UFAs this year. If this keeps up one or both could easily become trade deadline deals.

Negotiations have also begun on an extension for Zuccarello. Figure he's going to get a huge raise. Sather's also going to want to get him signed before the end of the season to avoid the possibility of arbitration, which would 1) probably get him an even bigger raise than he's already going to get and 2) make him eligible to become a UFA next season.

Edler for Callahan. Let Girardi walk.

Curufinwe

3 hrs since the snow srarted. Civil society has broken down. Snowrmageddon has begun.

sbMn3ZK.jpg

LevelNth

Banned
Btw everyone today in Canada its #BellLetsTalk day, an initiative to raise awareness on mental illness. Bell Canada donates 5 cents for every tweet sent with the hashtag in this post, no matter where you're from. I don't think I have to tell anyone here how important mental health is, and a site like NeoGAF is already a champion for supporting and encouraging open dialogue on all issues.

Get tweeting guys. Research anywhere helps people everywhere. #BellLetsTalk

PS I don't represent Bell. Just a regular guy here.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Btw everyone today in Canada its #BellLetsTalk day, an initiative to raise awareness on mental illness. Bell Canada donates 5 cents for every tweet sent with the hashtag in this post, no matter where you're from. I don't think I have to tell anyone here how important mental health is, and a site like NeoGAF is already a champion for supporting and encouraging open dialogue on all issues.

I'll second this post.

Acid08

Banned

Let's find out if I can remember my twitter login :lol

Heretic

And TSN got the regional tv rights from Sportsnet for all SNES games!!! Wooooooooo

BEST SNES DAY EVER!!!

This fucking windows 8.1 update is taking its sweet ass time.

Hrct, Dpy pls.

It'll be blazing fast once it's done :D

Edit: Also, Dopey isn't a fan of Windows 8... He's wrong here though ;)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I'll second this post.

I made this post in another thread, but if you have the time, look up the commercials on youtube, they're really good. Realistic and not overdramatic. Someone not on their phone can probably link the two of them.

Also, Jets are gonna be wearing Rick Rypien sweaters during warmup tonight. :')

https://mobile.twitter.com/haoshea87/status/428229708619448320?screen_name=haoshea87

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
And TSN got the regional tv rights from Sportsnet for all SNES games!!! Wooooooooo

BEST SNES DAY EVER!!!

This fucking windows 8.1 update is taking its sweet ass time.

Hrct, Dpy pls.

I saw this too.

I wonder Dean Brown and *shudder* Denis Potvin are gonna switch over to TSN from Sportsnet.

But the bigger question is... are we going to have to pay extra to subscribe to a "TSN Sens"? :(

Atleast we won't have to deal with SNet's shitty presentation for local games anymore :D

Still a "wide gulf" between the Rangers and Callahan and Girardi on their contracts. Both are UFAs this year. If this keeps up one or both could easily become trade deadline deals.

Negotiations have also begun on an extension for Zuccarello. Figure he's going to get a huge raise. Sather's also going to want to get him signed before the end of the season to avoid the possibility of arbitration, which would 1) probably get him an even bigger raise than he's already going to get and 2) make him eligible to become a UFA next season.

Trade 'em both.

Silexx

I saw this too.

I wonder Dean Brown and *shudder* Denis Potvin are gonna switch over to TSN from Sportsnet.

But the bigger question is... are we going to have to pay extra to subscribe to a "TSN Sens"? :(

Atleast we won't have to deal with SNet's shitty presentation for local games anymore :D
It's a good question. Dean is employed by the Sens organization so it's very possible that he goes where the Sens broadcasts go. Denis is a Sportsnet employee so he's likely - and for me, sadly - gone.

That said, you're gonna have guys like Cuthbert and Ferraro just lying around so you wonder how those guys will be used.

calder

Mixed emotions - TSN has some of the best hockey on-air talent so it's good they get more to do. But the biggest benefit to Snet getting the national rights was that the regional stuff would no longer be blacked out*, so those of us who get all the Snet stations would get the benefit of way more televised hockey. But now TSN is going to constantly show a hockey game on the channel guide only to be showing 2002 Lumberjack Championships again.

*apparently

Socreges

Banned

Ironically, this kind of general market interference in our lives is one significant reason why mental illness is so pervasive in the first place.

Not complaining about you LevelNth. Good idea to promote this stuff still.

Ironically, this kind of general market interference in our lives is one significant reason why mental illness is so pervasive in the first place.

Not complaining about you LevelNth. Good idea to promote this stuff still.

Doesn't this also promote awareness though? A lot easier to speak out, be heard, and get help as opposed to before.

Like everything else, there are pros and cons and it just depends on how one uses it.

Top Bottom