• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

from Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun (link),

- Though many expect Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller to get moved that may not be the case. A UFA in the off-season, the new GM is expected to try to sign him and the Sabres may not be able to get what they want in return if they do move him. The asking price for Miller is three prospects and a No. 1 pick in return if they are going to make a deal. The only option for Miller is St. Louis and they may not be willing to deal.

- The Coyotes will be looking for forward depth. The guy they may have targeted: Sabres winger Matt Moulson.

- The Avs will have a decision to make on centre Paul Statsny before the deadline in March. Colorado GM Joe Sakic wants to keep Statsny but if the Avalanche get a No. 1 pick and a player thrown at them at the deadline then don’t be surprised if the Avs move him. He is the youngest UFA centre available on the market this summer which means he could have plenty of suitors.

If the 1st is conditional and the 3 prospects aren't anything close to the top of our list, I'm good with that. Sounds like it would work out to be more than a little JBo-esque. Hold onto EDM's 2nd, take roughly the same pick.

Now, now, let's not go nuts.

I haven't sunk that far yet, but I heard Doug McLean on the HC podcast making the comment that Carlyle's Leafs are playing worse - at times - than Wilson's, even though Carlyle's roster is superior.

Stastny is going to sign somewhere for 7 million, book it!

Apparently I look like David Tennant.

Not that I'm complaining.

iyxsPThWh7FD0.gif

Sorry

"Always such a knob" ? I hardly even post. I don't even know who you are. I was just trying to offer insight into the matter. It seems harsh that it's automatically assumed that God knows who was faking an injury, it's not even up for debate.

Don't say anything that might be bad for team Canada. It upsets him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I haven't sunk that far yet, but I heard Doug McLean on the HC podcast making the comment that Carlyle's Leafs are playing worse - at times - than Wilson's, even though Carlyle's roster is superior.

Stastny is going to sign somewhere for 7 million, book it!

leafs are playing defensively better. Special teams are better.

5 on 5 we are ass though.

Carlyle is way better than Wilson in coaching a team

but what is lacking is individual coaching... Eakins would have been so good as the assistant coach helping to execute strategy with players that have different needs.

I remember him saying kadri is a two faced player... Sometimes he needs a kick, others he needs confidence

Carlyle is essentially just kicking him instead of growing his confidence... Machines you kick. When kadri loses confidence his abilities go all whack. No good passes, no moves, no quality shots. Its starting to fuck kessel up now as he's constantly turning into the wall on the rush instead of cutting into the slot.

we need kadri making use of hit mittens. We need lupul/JVR/kulemin charging the net. We need phaneuf doubling as a power forward. We need Gardiner to dominate the offensive end.

the problems occurring to one person would be a sign that they are slumping. But happening to everyone? Shows coaching issues.

nobody is really doing what brings them the most success. Nobody is hitting, barely anyone is skating. We have somehow turned from one of the fastest and hardest to control teams with questionable defense and goaltending (at least our backups) to a slow team that is shying away from engagement with questionable defense and incredibly good goaltending.

nobody fights any more. We have 3 fighters and the last time we fought anyone seems like a month ago.

we have one of the most talented rosters out there, but they are the equivalent of needy teenagers. We need everyone on the team to focus. And we need everyone to be confident.

everyone needs to stop fucking around for once

Lets do this Sweden!

lol they just said that it was the first time ever that Canada missed a medal two years in a row.

Are you ready pringles?

pringles

Lets do this Sweden!

lol they just said that it was the first time ever that Canada missed a medal two years in a row.

Are you ready pringles?
I am.

Sweden was not.

0-1 after 30 sec. Got a bad feeling about this game...

I'm still in amazement that we won a game, it feels so good!!

And we play better without Datsyuk for some reason, this makes me sad.
Howard was great, we scored more than 2 goals, we won... that was either a sign that things are turning around or a total fluke.
And I blame Babcock for putting scrubs with Datsyuk, thus giving us a worse 1st line with Dats in than we have with him out. Nyquist-Z-Alfie is a good 1st line, Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi or similar is not.

I am.

Sweden was not.

0-1 after 30 sec. Got a bad feeling about this game...

Yeah, really lost for the first couple of shifts but both frölunda and Burakowsky line has established better offensive than what I saw them do for most of the last game. A goal is coming soon enough ;)

pringles

Gotta love* how a hit to the head that would easily be a major+suspension in the NHL goes uncalled here. Collberg out with concussion most likely.

*hate

edit: 1-1 !

edit2: ...1-2 :-/

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If the Blues got Miller, they'd have to be cup favourites, what a monster of a team that would be.

Everyone is bitching about refs in the NFL thread. Brings tears to my eyes.

Avs have seen a lot of questionable calls go against them, lots of teams have. That's just part of it though. Good teams play around that or they get bitchy about it and lose. Take for example the Avs game yesterday. When that shitty call against Duchene happened it really changed the feel of the game and we almost lost on a 4-0 lead. In previous years we would have lost that game 6-4.

pringles

Burakovsky is either the best player on the ice or the worst. No middle ground. So frustrating.

Swedes have been terrible but 2-2! Djoos finally gets a shot past the block and it's in.

calder

Finland was looking about as good defensively as a team could. It the tying goal was almost inevitable after back to back penalties like that.

Let's go Suomi!

Refs handing the game to Sweden. Dat home audience pressure.

edit. okey we dodget couple of bullets there. It seems that refs are just completely lost.

TUSR

Banned
when i feel earthquake, my hand automatically go to the dick. i stroke the dick and feel i have sex with the earth. all becoming calm.

calder

Damn Scheifele almost tied it there.

Brutal road trip stretch over, Jets could have stole a point or two today but passive defense does them in. At least Kane/Trouba/Scheifele looked good

Top Bottom