• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

BdMEvmaIQAA8ibo.jpg

/swoon

RC

Banned
Caps are dreadful. All that talent and nothing to show for it. They're like the Oilers of the East.

Also Canucks are going to lose 2-1. In a shootout. Shame, because Luongo is playing lights-out.

The Queens will tie it up in the final minute.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
maaaaaan the Queens are salty :lol

Also I love to hate Brown, but Santorelli checked him into Luongo, wasn't much he could've done there

Wow, what a nightmare coming back home from Michigan. I was supposed to leave Thursday but my flight got cancelled. So I got a flight for Friday morning...that flight got cancelled. So then I got a flight for Saturday morning at 6 am and....that flight got cancelled. So at this point I was looking at flying to Chicago Saturday evening and then flying back out east to NJ right after. Well the flight out of Chicago to NJ on Saturday night was cancelled too, so I stayed in Michigan for the time being.

I still had a flight out of Detroit to Chicago on Saturday evening and then a flight out of Chicago to NJ on Sunday morning, but there were two direct flights out of Detroit (in the afternoon and evening after my morning flight was cancelled) that I just went and waited on standby hoping a seat would open up. Well the flight at 3 pm had a 7 person standby line so I said fuck that and waited for the 6 pm flight which only had a 3 person line. Luckily I was able to grab a seat on the 6 pm flight as a couple had cancelled their flight so now here I am back home!

Out of curiosity I wanted to check my would be flight status for tomorrow morning out of Chicago and behold...it was cancelled. I guess I can laugh about it now but wow, going home was a complete nightmare.

Smiley90

At least Sestito is good for something

edit: clean hit fuck you refs

edit2: okay maybe interference, but fuck it it was a great hit :lol

RC

Banned
We haven't had any sustained pressure since the first. This was bound to happen

Edit: never seen an empty net goal waved off before.

snack

The West is so stacked. It's gonna be hard to even make the eighth seed.

Kings are too big, and they crash the net so well. Recipe for success against a goaltender like Lou.

I'm just glad that wasn't a 3 point game. Didn't care who won really. We've got the Flames on Monday during their 2-6-2 slump and I expect no one to show up for that game as usual.

Smiley90

Oh my the Bozak/Kessel bromance is strong in this one

it's hilarious though, not gonna spoiler anything

edit: yeah Kessel definitely makes this episode. still not great, but Kessel is pretty funny. he also swears a TON :lol

Vman

Was at the Wild game lol. Nice to see Heatley on the first line where he belongs and he's been fantastic these past couple games he's been in the top 6.
Suter Hat-Trick was awesome and the sad Caps fans were great and there were tons of them.
Both goalies sucked.

Quick

Banned
Oh my the Bozak/Kessel bromance is strong in this one

it's hilarious though, not gonna spoiler anything

edit: yeah Kessel definitely makes this episode. still not great, but Kessel is pretty funny. he also swears a TON :lol

Just saw a few clips. I'm laughing my ass off at Phaneuf and Kessel playing ping pong again. Oh god.

Smiley90

Just saw a few clips. I'm laughing my ass off at Phaneuf and Kessel playing ping pong again. Oh god.

The clip in Kessel/Bozak's apartment is great.

Also when Kessel comes back from the first intermission at the Winter Classic and says
Is there hot chocolate? :lololol

Sobi and Frank looked great tonight. That chemistry needs to keep building.

Seems as though losing to the Blues woke the Kings up from whatever slump they were in. Sorry Nucks, it's a pretty shitty night being on the other end of a hot Kings lineup.

Quick

Banned
The clip in Kessel/Bozak's apartment is great.

Also when Kessel comes back from the first intermission at the Winter Classic and says
Is there hot chocolate? :lololol

That bit at Kessel's place is amazing. Delicate balance between awkward and fucking funny.

HBO was really saving the two of them for this episode.

Top Bottom