• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Every time I see Kessel's face or hear him speak, I am in disbelief he plays professional sports for a living.

Every time I see Kessel's face or hear him speak, I am in disbelief he plays professional sports for a living.

I showed my gf some of his famous awkward videos on youtube not long ago and she was laughing hysterically at the idea that he is some top-10 winger in the league and looks and acts the way he does. She could not believe it.

And my dad busted out laughing when they showed him in Episode 2 of 24/7 when we were watching it over Christmas.

Randy+Carlyle+Toronto+Maple+Leafs+Head+Coach+kik84bDTN39l.jpg

DIsliked Carlyle from day 1, but wow, I didn't think he'd make people speak better of Ron Wilson.

Now, now, let's not go nuts.

ZeroGravity

Kessel looks like the hunchback of Notre Dame
I'm pretty sure I've told this story before, but the worst day of my life* was when I was in line at Canadian Tire and the cashier said I looked like a player on the Toronto Maple Leafs. As I was leaving I realized she meant Phil Kessel :(

*Exaggerated for comedic effect

Vman

I'm pretty sure I've told this story before, but the worst day of my life* was when I was in line at Canadian Tire and the cashier said I looked like a player on the Toronto Maple Leafs. As I was leaving I realized she meant Phil Kessel :(

lolollol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Carlyle coaches like a 10 year old. "Get out there, keep hitting them, keep shooting. It's more fun to win!". Brilliant.

The man looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.
Yea, looks like he's been through both World Wars.

1371883234625.jpg

Solid finale to this season's show, definitely needed more of Kessel / Phaneuf / Bozak throughout the entire series though.

My fiancé told me I look like Erik Johnson when she watched a game with me. You're not alone man.

Socreges

Banned

So you're Canadian. And dubbed lives in Atlanta. Do people in Florida actually have internet connections?

Socreges

Banned
Just saw the Yotes/Flyers highlights. Begins with an amazing pass by Yandle and the Phoenix commentator suggesting he should have made the US team. Ends with Yandle's horrible turnover leading to the GWG.

Florida is like Africa, but with more AIDS.
....dude

Antti

Why did Mantha have to shoot for his Ps instead of allowing Drouin to take it? Legitimately asking, because I know Canada wanted Drouin to take it.

Somebody brought that up on Twitter also, seems like the rule has been changed, so I must admit I was mistaken. :)

The old rule 509A was:
"509 - PENALTY SHOT PROCEDURE
a) The Coach or the Captain of the non-offending team selects and reports to the
Referee the number of any non-penalized player who shall take the shot."

The old rule was still in use in at least Vancouver. On that site they go through the differences and explain that a penalty shot can be taken by anyone. However, the new ruling is this:
From the IIHF rulebook, Section 5, Rule 509 a):

"In cases where a player was fouled in a manner that warrants a penalty shot, the player fouled shall be designated to take the penalty shot. If the fouled player is injured
on the play, the Captain shall designate any non-penalized player who was on the ice at the time of the infraction to take place."

I'll be here all day.

I love how Antii comes in, completely unprovoked, responding to who knows who, and completely owns himself. Always such a knob.

"Always such a knob" ? I hardly even post. I don't even know who you are. I was just trying to offer insight into the matter. It seems harsh that it's automatically assumed that God knows who was faking an injury, it's not even up for debate.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
For a team of third liners, Canada isn't playing with any intensity whatsoever, like a bunch of Bobby Ryans.

Top Bottom