• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Acid08

Banned
So out of fuckin nowhere Couture is getting hand surgery tomorrow and is going to miss 3-4 weeks. Really fucking sick of these injuries.

So out of fuckin nowhere Couture is getting hand surgery tomorrow and is going to miss 3-4 weeks. Really fucking sick of these injuries.

Maybe that's what the weirdness was before our last game against you. Maybe it just got worse? I don't know. Sucks. Mac may be injured too and I am scared if that's the case. We need him or Stastny may never leave.

Acid08

Banned
Maybe that's what the weirdness was before our last game against you. Maybe it just got worse? I don't know. Sucks. Mac may be injured too and I am scared if that's the case. We need him or Stastny may never leave.
From what I've read they say he has been dealing with it for a couple weeks now. Explains part of his horrible dry spell before but he was on a five game point streak after the Chicago game. I don't even know how the lines are going to be structured now. We already had 4 AHLers called up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Reminds me, that AHLer on the flames that ran Duchene can suck my unwashed balls.
It's always funny watching teams call up their AHL scrubs and see them taking runs at players all game as its the only way for them to make an impact. Preseason is the worst for that.

It's always funny watching teams call up their AHL scrubs and see them taking runs at players all game as its the only way for them to make an impact. Preseason is the worst for that.

He very shortly after looked at each end of the ice to check if the refs were watching and then cross checked McGinn in the face right next to the benches.

Quick

Banned
Quick, I always like you.

I can never get mad at you.

He's just a nice guy, who tries hard and loves the game.

Emphasis on trys.

He play hockey sport.

tumblr_myww26kHUs1r41emlo1_250.gif

No S.Koivu in finnish roster. End of era. Not sure that Selänne should be in the roster either but I guess the coach would have been lynched here in Finland if he had dropped Selänne (our national hero...).

pringles

No Hedman, No Lehner and No Zibenejad in Swedens roster.

Looooooooooll
I'm glad about no Hedman (he's been bad for Team Sweden and isn't as good on big ice) and no Lehner makes sense but I'm disappointed Zibby didn't make it. Kruger is meh.

Roster and my speculation on lines beyond the confirmed center positions:

Sedin-Sedin-Steen
Zetterberg-Backstrom-Eriksson
Franzen-Berglund-Alfredsson
Landeskog-Kruger-Hagelin
Silfverberg, Jimmie Ericsson

Karlsson - Ekman-Larsson
Kronwall-Ericsson
Hjalmarsson-Oduya
Tallinder, Edler

Lundqvist
Enroth
Gustavsson

Stasis

-11 with a windchill of -36. Fun times ahead.

We just got through like a week of that shit. -15 all the time with windchill between -30 and -40 basically.

Yesterday we got this one moment of respite where it went above freezing only to dump a coat of rain and freezing rain all over our lives before promptly returning us to freezing weather. It's fantastic. This Winter is awful.

Edit: I really fucking hope Hank plays like a beast in the Olympics and comes back feeling good. I feel like he's mentally weak right now and messing up on that stage, or getting pulled, would be disastrous for him as far as this NHL season is concerned. I'm not against failing hard and getting a decent pick but with Cam playing the way he is that won't happen. We'll still finish barely in or barely out. Would rather have Hank back to boss form so next year isn't a huge concern.

Barkov makes the Finnish roster. Likely the youngest hockey player at the games. He will be the youngest NHLer to make his team since NHL participation. I hope he gets some time with Teemu. Kopecky also makes the Slovak roster.

I love Silver like my own son, but Zibby is the better player of the 2, especially in big ice Zibby is a better skater where Silver is kinda average.

Silver should still make it though, the fuck is Kruger doing on that team.

Good faceoff man and fits the role of a 4th liner better I guess?

pringles

lol at no Hedman. He's been the best Swedish defenseman in the NHL this year.
Karlsson and OEL are locks. Then there's 2 established pairings. Hedman's also kind of sucked for Team Sweden. Could have been in for Tallinder or Edler but what's the point if he's not going to play.

Curufinwe

When a team buys out a player’s contract, that player is not permitted to re-join that club for the duration of the season that follows the summer during which he was bought out. Also, Briere is a terrible fit on this team.

Has the finish team already been posted?

Maalivahdit
Antti Niemi, San Jose Sharks (NHL)
Kari Lehtonen, Dallas Stars (NHL)
Tuukka Rask, Boston Bruins (NHL)

Puolustajat
Olli Määttä, Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL)
Ossi Väänänen, Jokerit
Lasse Kukkonen, Kärpät
Sami Salo, Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL)
Sami Lepistö, Automobilist (KHL)
Juuso Hietanen, Torpedo (KHL)
Kimmo Timonen, Philadelphia Flyers (NHL)
Sami Vatanen, Anaheim Ducks (NHL)

Hyökkääjät
Teemu Selänne, Anaheim Ducks (NHL)
Mikko Koivu, Minnesota Wild (NHL)
Olli Jokinen, Winnipeg Jets (NHL)
Tuomo Ruutu, Carolina Hurricanes (NHL)
Aleksander Barkov, Florida Panthers (NHL)
Jori Lehterä, Sibir Novosibirsk (KHL)
Petri Kontiola, Traktor Tsheljabinsk (KHL)
Lauri Korpikoski, Phoenix Coyotes (NHL)
Jussi Jokinen, Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL)
Antti Pihlström, Salavat Julajev Ufa (KHL)
Juhamatti Aaltonen, Kärpät
Valtteri Filppula, Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL)
Mikael Granlund, Minnesota Wild (NHL)
Leo Komarov, Dinamo Moskova (KHL)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It was 4 degrees here with a wind chill of -17 on my way to work here in NYC this morning. Good times.

Zucc is the lone NHL rep on Team Norway. So the Rangers so far have:

Callahan
McDonagh
Stepan
Lundqvist
Hagelin
Zuccarello

in the Olympics with Team Canada still to come (though I wouldn't be shocked if both Nash and Staal miss out). We are one talented mediocre team.

ZeroGravity

Karlsson and OEL are locks. Then there's 2 established pairings. Hedman's also kind of sucked for Team Sweden. Could have been in for Tallinder or Edler but what's the point if he's not going to play.
Hedman's play would force them to play him more. Believe me, having watched him every season, the Hedman this year is on another level from the Hedman from even last year. He's carrying Tampa's defense single-handedly.

pringles

Hedman's play would force them to play him more. Believe me, having watched him every season, the Hedman this year is on another level from the Hedman from even last year. He's carrying Tampa's defense single-handedly.
Still don't think he's as good on big ice. But maybe Edler/Ericsson/OEL can't play and Hedman will be brought in. Sounded like Brodin is 1st reserve though.

Top Bottom