• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Var

I thought a team couldn't reacquire a compliance buyout for a year (and I wouldn't want Briere next year.)

Might be crazy, though.

They can't. I wouldn't mind Danny retiring a Flyer though. I always liked him, he just wasn't worth what he was being paid.

Samyy

Fuck Chris Kunitz, should not be anywhere near the team.
What the fuck is wrong with all these selection committees? Is everyone in the hockey world smoking crack?

They can't. I wouldn't mind Danny retiring a Flyer though. I always liked him, he just wasn't worth what he was being paid.

Agreed. He's the definition of a class act, but was crippling lines he was on and hurting the team with his contract. Seeing him retire in O&B would be great, though.

If Giroux's left off Team Canada, I hope he rests up and shows them how wrong they were for the rest of the season. Guess we'll see what happens.

Var

I like the idea of G getting to rest up, but I also wouldn't mind seeing what a Gold medal win could do for his confidence levels.

Not that Canada is going to win gold :p

USA! USA!

Curufinwe

I agree but he won't be worth $4m next season either. Flyers will have very limited cap room if they keep all their RFAs and Downie.

I'm sure they'll have Briere back in a Lappy-type role when he retires if that's what he wants to do.

Damn was hoping Mika would make it. Definitely deserves it. Persian Prince :(

Clench your buttocks' everyone, Kunitz is about to penetrate into your world ;__;

Samyy

Sounds like Kulemin made Team Russia, will look good playing next to his future linemate Malkin when we let him walk for nothing this offseason.

Curufinwe

Reminds me of when they named the All Blacks squad for the last World Cup. A whole country poised and ready to rip the selectors to shreds.

calder

As always the bigwigs in the various organizations couldn't possibly let a chance to bore everyone with a dumb speech go underutilized.

ZeroGravity

C33YyLo.gif

Top Bottom