• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good one, Randy Red Man. Good one.
I'm going to start reading all your post in Kessel's high pitched voice from that scene.

Man I'm loving DD's comeback. Everyone was shitting all over Desharnais 2 weeks ago.

Also send some salt my way if you have any leftover Red_Man. My driveway is a skating ... errr never mind keep the salt.
He's roughly a PPG these last 20 games or so, I'm really happy to see him get back on track, but there's still no place on this team for him. The problem is Patches seems to only ever want to play with him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That was hilarious, how the fuck did no one notice

Hey, at least the Refs noticed.

Canucks-with-6-skaters-numbered.jpg

Here, nobody noticed. It went on for like 10 seconds, too.

Dater says Barrie is getting traded. Better get some return god damnit, we wonder why we're hurting for defense while at the same time trade away promising young defensemen.

Dater says Barrie is getting traded. Better get some return god damnit, we wonder why we're hurting for defense while at the same time trade away promising young defensemen.

Where did he say that? Mike Chambers is covering the game, so Dater isn't even there tonight.

Quick

Banned
He also mentions that there's a slight chance that the Av's go for Briere, but says the price is too high right now. Curious what the price is, I can't see Bergevin asking too much for him.

It would be the trade of the century for the Avs if it means winning Denver's annual Michael Jackson post-Pepsi-incident look-a-like contest.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
From what we've seen from Barrie I think Del Zotto has more upside whether or not he's in a rutt right now.

Yeah, DZ for Barrie has been the rumor the last few days. Rangers have been talking to the Avs, supposedly.

DZ isn't really in a rut, he just flat out hasn't been the same player that he showed promise of being ever since his grandmother died during the 2012 playoffs. I do think he will improve with a change of scenery, so I think he's probably a pretty good get for somebody, but I don't think there's any chance that happens for as long as he stays a blueshirt.

I've heard Barrie is a similar sort of situation, struggling young d-man with potential who could use a new start somewhere. That might be as good as we can get for DZ right now.

Yeah, DZ for Barrie has been the rumor the last few days. Rangers have been talking to the Avs, supposedly.

DZ isn't really in a rut, he just flat out hasn't been the same player that he showed promise of being ever since his grandmother died during the 2012 playoffs. I do think he will improve with a change of scenery, so I think he's probably a pretty good get for somebody, but I don't think there's any chance that happens for as long as he stays a blueshirt.

I've heard Barrie is a similar sort of situation, struggling young d-man with potential who could use a new start somewhere. That might be as good as we can get for DZ right now.

Barrie was a brightspot for us during the end of last season. He had a lot of good games on a failing team. This year has been rocky kind of, he hasn't been making great decisions with the puck at times and seems to be playing pretty nervously.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Friedman on the D-men for Team Canada from 30 thoughts:

My personal belief is seven of the eight defencemen are right-handed shots Drew Doughty, Alex Pietrangelo, PK Subban and Shea Weber; left-handed shots Jay Bouwmeester, Duncan Keith and Marc-Edouard Vlasic.

That leaves one spot, and Canada believes in equality. Barring a change, that's bad for Dan Boyle and Brent Seabrook. That's good for Dan Hamhuis, coming on strong after a rough start.

"It was a game that should (have) finished 2-1 for us," Roy said. "We should not have given (up) more than one goal."

After being told that Giguere said the Flames seemed to be "a little hungrier" in front of the nets, Roy said: "I think Jiggy should have played better tonight. We're not going to look at our team. We might not have had the jump we should have, but Jiggy needs to be better. He hasn't played well in the last four or five games. He should stand up and say, 'I'm not playing up to what I should.' And he did not. He needs to be better, and we need him playing better. Period."

So that last goal where someome should have been covering hudler for that one timer pass was gigueres fault? What about hudlers insane thru the legs back hander? It never ceases to amaze me how members of teams will throw one guy under the bus. Granted it is the case in a few instances, not tonight though, bad for morale and poor form is all this is.

pringles

So that last goal where someome should have been covering hudler for that one timer pass was gigueres fault? What about hudlers insane thru the legs back hander? It never ceases to amaze me how members of teams will throw one guy under the bus. Granted it is the case in a few instances, not tonight though, bad for morale and poor form is all this is.
On a related note I can't believe Hudler didn't make the Czech team.

Giguere had a .789 save percentage against the fucking flames. I know they're your team and all, but that is bad. He was to blame for two goals easily. Not to mention he has been perfectly average to bad in his last 4 consecutive games. Roy was speaking more to that than anything.

Damn, Roy spitting fire there.

It's the truth, really. With the exception of the Chicago game where the whole team was bad, as soon as Jiggy lets a softie in it seems to deflate the whole team. Whatever it is that he's doing differently from his 7-0 start needs to end, he looks completely out of his element.

Top Bottom