• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Quick

Banned
iiR4DuEcanObL.gif

LUPES!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
What game is he playing? Enix logo, but I can't make out the cartridge.

g3eb7Ds.png

Smith has played for Canada on international ice. That probably gave him the edge in an ultimately meaningless selection.

Hamhuis > Seabrook

Nash will be a good choice if he finds his game, but I would've preferred St Louis, too

But none of those are horrible decisions. Don't be pissy, Hawks fans

Maybe the international play did give him an edge, but Crawford has shown huge in pressure games and is playing better right now than Smith and that should count for something.

And Hamhuis isn't better than Seabrook. Seabrook is probably one of the top shut-down defencemen in the league, has great puck-handling and plays very good with Keith. The team looks to love NHL pairings, so this is a bizarre omission to that one. Hamhuis is very good, but he made the team because he shoots left and not right. I'm not that annoyed with Nash when I think about it. He played well with Toews in 2010, so if they are paired together again with Sharp and Nash can play like he did in 2010, it will be a good thing for the team and his selection will be a good one.

Samyy

Correction
4 regulation wins since November 1st (30 games)

Isles got into Toronto at 4 am last this morning after playing a game last night and iced the worst save % goalie in the league......lol.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Maybe the international play did give him an edge, but Crawford has shown huge in pressure games and is playing better right now than Smith and that should count for something.

And Hamhuis isn't better than Seabrook. Seabrook is probably one of the top shut-down defencemen in the league, has great puck-handling and plays very good with Keith. The team looks to love NHL pairings, so this is a bizarre omission to that one. Hamhuis is very good, but he made the team because he shoots left and not right.
You're arguing about 2 guys who will probably never dress for the team regardless. Also Seabrook shoots right, and he's not better then any of 4 guys a head of him on the right side.

Samyy

Were going to give up our 2nd round pick playing Holland 4:30 a game, Nonis please just send him down and call up a Marlie scrub if this is how Carlyle is going to use him...

calder

You're arguing about 2 guys who will probably never dress for the team regardless. Also Seabrook shoots right, and he's not better then any of 4 guys a head of him on the right side.

I need the Habs to do something outrageous soon that you need to defend because I've agreed with everything you've said for weeks/months now and it's getting weird.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I need the Habs to do something outrageous soon that you need to defend because I've agreed with everything you've said for weeks/months now and it's getting weird.
I've already begun preparing myself for when Bergevin trades Subban, Price and Galchenyuk for Kane, don't worry.

Holiday

Banned
Apparently Tarasenko found out he made Russia's Olympic team by checking some website this morning. LOL, not even an email.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So we couldn't beat the Rangers on a back to back and iirc, the Isles were similarly supposed to be tired too. Goddamn this team...

Need some goddamn wins in regulation 'in a row'. I'm not even sure Bolland would help us that much at this point. Maybe the Olympic break will help... :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I totally didn't realize/forgot that Hamhuis played together with Shea Weber in Nashville. Hope he sees the ice in Sochi on the third pairing over Vlasic.

Top Bottom