• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Bruins looked great in the 1st. Fatcic is sick all the time, can't make Olympic rosters and makes the team worse, clearly. Trade him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I swear, who else is TSN gonna ask about Kunitz and Crosby. How about we get the Rogers Arena janitor's input on him as well.

Playstation Now and the cloud TV service have me so fucking glad I picked up a PS4 and got a Vita as a gift.

Future's looking pretty sweet for those two platforms.

Smith has played for Canada on international ice. That probably gave him the edge in an ultimately meaningless selection.

Hamhuis > Seabrook

Nash will be a good choice if he finds his game, but I would've preferred St Louis, too

But none of those are horrible decisions. Don't be pissy, Hawks fans

Hamhuis is nowhere near as good as Seabrook and you're delusional if you think he is.

fallout

A real Olympian would have prevented Bogo from sliding into the boards like that. :(

Uh, not sure what's Kane's damage. But again, what a shitty game.
It's all a conspiracy, man. Stevie Y didn't pick St. Louis so he would get fired up and beat the Jets tonight.

Think about it.

Smiley90

Hamhuis is nowhere near as good as Seabrook and you're delusional if you think he is.

Hamhuis has less even-strength goals against/60mins than Seabrook despite much higher quality of competition (3rd highest QoC in the league behind the Josi/Weber pairing vs 83rd QoC) and about 10% less offensive zone starts (47% vs 55%)

Your statement is arguable, here's data.

Sanjuro

iMPvljDzuLHiU.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dat Kate Beirness Advil commercial.

Featuring Cabbie.
You're not Canadian if you don't have a thing for Beirness.

Hamhuis has less even-strength goals against/60mins than Seabrook despite much higher quality of competition (3rd highest QoC in the league behind the Josi/Weber pairing vs 83rd QoC) and about 10% less offensive zone starts (47% vs 55%)

You're delusional!

I didn't even realize Hamhuis was having such a solid season. jesus.

My thing with Olympic rosters and something that I think should have come into consideration with both Crawford and Seabrook is their experience in big games. And they've both come up big and had a lot to do with their team winning in the Finals.

Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with Hamhuis has been before Vancouver, if anywhere. does he have any playoffs/SCF experience? Was he on Vancouver's roster during their run and starting?

jaybeeze

I was just about to question why Santo was still playing with the Sedins when Higgins is back now..Then that line gets a goal.

Smiley90

I didn't even realize Hamhuis was having such a solid season. jesus.

My thing with Olympic rosters and something that I think should have come into consideration with both Crawford and Seabrook is their experience in big games. And they've both come up big and had a lot to do with their team winning in the Finals.

Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with Hamhuis has been before Vancouver, if anywhere. does he have any playoffs/SCF experience? Was he on Vancouver's roster during their run and starting?

He had the 4th best even-strength GA/60min of all defensemen with >10GP in the 10/11 playoffs, if you want to look at our one long cup run.

1.25GA/60mins

vs Seabrook's

1.73GA/60min in the 12/13 playoffs
2.13GA/60min in the 09/10 playoffs

does that count as statistics? so yeah he was on our cup run, but he got injured (like nearly every other Canuck by that time) during Game 1 against Boston and couldn't play after that. So yeah we were winning/playing great til he (and the rest) got injured. He played great during our run.

Keep in mind that Canada has enough great offensive D-men. Arguably Seabrook is better offensively than Hamhuis, but Canada has enough offensive guys. Hamhuis is arguably better than Seabrook defensively and that's why he was picked, most likely.

Razorskin

----- ------
@TSNBobMcKenzieBob McKenzie 9:15 PM
Pending successful negotiation of contract with BUF, OTT assistant GM Tim Murray will be next GM of the Sabres.

BUF GM finalists Mike Futa (LA)/Brad Treliving (PHX) informed today they were out. Jim Benning's (BOS) window to talk to BUF expired.
Holy shit the guy from Dragon's Den son is assistant gm of Phoenix

Smiley90

Oh my god if Sestito had scored there.

That was like 90% of a GOTY candidate.

From SESTITO.

Smiley90

WOOOO TANEV THE GOALSCORER

Tanev with 5 goals on the season.

Just to remind everyone again, David Clarkson has 3.

Smiley90

WOOOOOO

HIGGY

DEM MOVES

DAT HANSEN PASS

Also LOL Niskanen tried to hit Sestito and got absolutely destroyed in return

Top Bottom