• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

The delay of game call was bullshit as it was tipped out, but the Avs were playing badly anyway. Need to be better. Duchene hasn't scored in quite a while either.

The delay of game call was bullshit as it was tipped out, but the Avs were playing badly anyway. Need to be better. Duchene hasn't scored in quite a while either.

4 points in 6 games (including this one). He's setting people up instead of trying to do everything and I prefer that. Honestly I think once again our bottom 4 are playing terribly. Barrie has been a fucking idiot tonight, Benoit's fuck up lead directly to a goal on the same play. He did save us another goal but still.

Samyy

Is Therrien just straight up racist
What could the explanation be?

Or maybe its a contract thing? I don't know, its not like the habs are getting out of paying Subban 8.5mil

4 points in 6 games (including this one). He's setting people up instead of trying to do everything and I prefer that. Honestly I think once again our bottom 4 are playing terribly. Barrie has been a fucking idiot tonight, Benoit's fuck up lead directly to a goal on the same play. He did save us another goal but still.

Doesn't help that our half our top-6 is out. Though Parenteau wasn't doing anything.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm back and forth on Boucher.

He's a really smart guy, doesn't seem to be hung up on old school crap like Therrien, and stats indicate that his record in Tampa falls mostly on goaltending. The bad part is the 1-3-1 is boring as fuck.
I don't think he would make the team do that with a goalie like Price in net and Subban on the back end whom he has experience with. Also he's basically the only french coach out there that would be acceptable right now unless Hab fans want Crawford behind the bench.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think he would make the team do that with a goalie like Price in net and Subban on the back end whom he has experience with. Also he's basically the only french coach out there that would be acceptable right now unless Hab fans want Crawford behind the bench.

We need a new guy in Hamilton too, Lefebvre sucks ass as well. There's at least three guys from the QMJHL I'd consider for that job at least.

Chris R

Fucking finally. Tied it up just in time after so many chances in the last 10 mins.

Now to win it in OT and keep it out of a shootout.

Cake Boss

Banned
Fucking give Karlsson the stick.

Whats the difference, like the motherfucker can play any defense at all with a stick, he just stands still in front of the net when he doesnt have the puck. Mother fucker needs to stop being such a pussy and go in the corners.

As you can tell I got some sand in my vigina tonight.

Johnson has been great, he can skate too, should have been on team USA. It's almost more of a joke that people think Jack Johnson was the bigger snub. Erik is getting slack for not playing like a 1st overall pick, that shouldn't be held against him on something like this.

Johnson has been great, he can skate too, should have been on team USA. It's almost more of a joke that people think Jack Johnson was the bigger snub. Erik is getting slack for not playing like a 1st overall pick, that shouldn't be held against him on something like this.

If it lit a fire under him to be that much better then I'm cool with it. He needs to sustain this and he'll be a lock in 4 years.

ZeroGravity

GG Flyers-Gaf, pretty amazing turn around from you guys.

I want Boucher hired, even if he fell short in Tampa, he has a lot of experience with our guys from Hamilton, and is a forward thinking coach. Therrien can eat a bag of dicks and jump off a building, same old shit as 10 years ago, and I thought he had actually changed last year.
Boucher would be a really good coach for you guys. He got a lot out of very little his first year in Tampa. Lack of goaltending really exposed his professional coaching inexperience after that, but I imagine he learned a lot from his fall in Tampa and he obviously won't have to worry about goaltending in Montreal. He definitely has what it takes to be a great coach.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Boucher would be a really good coach for you guys. He got a lot out of very little his first year in Tampa. Lack of goaltending really exposed his professional coaching inexperience after that, but I imagine he learned a lot from his fall in Tampa and he obviously won't have to worry about goaltending in Montreal. He definitely has what it takes to be a great coach.
I'm of the same mind, he played with what he had in Tampa, but given a goalie like Price, and guys like Subban and Markov on the back end I think he could really get a lot out of this team. The Bulldogs scored like crazy when he coached them too, it's not like he's always been a defence-first coach.

Two Cleary posts out of three, not bad. Yes, today will be the day Cleary gets a hatty too and he is relieved of all hate, and then half of team Canada goes down with injuries and Cleary makes the team.

Top Bottom