• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Acid08

Banned
Confirmed, Wingels and Kennedy are back in tonight. Irwin out with an injury so Hannan is back in. That means Stuart is probably going to get second pairing ice time.....ugh.

Curufinwe

Just saw this. Sad way to end what was such a promising start to his career.

He was one of my favourite players in the heydays of the Sens when they were an elite team.

The Redden contract and how his play fell of a cliff after just two seasons is scary. Teams can't bury a player in the AHL like the Rangers did with him when he was only 33 years old, so teams will be stuck with these guys.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nothing will ever surpass my hate for Cleary, though Quincey is dang close.
I actually laughed out loud when I saw Cleary on 24/7 in the room between periods giving pump up speeches because all I could think of was you saying how shitty he is and how ironic it was that he was giving the speech.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The Redden contract and how his play fell of a cliff after just two seasons is scary. Teams can't bury a player in the AHL like the Rangers did with him when he was only 33 years old, so teams will be stuck with these guys.

Like RC/Desi said, Redden's play really sank when his mom died. It was after that when all those rumours about him taking drugs started swirling around as well.

If you look at his career before his mom's death (April 06), it was pretty clear that he was an elite defenceman. It's a stark contrast to his numbers after his mom's death.

Quick

Banned
Reimer is pissed now and will go on a 40 game winning streak.

Good Guy Reimer's gone Rogue Guy Reimer.

Rogue Guy Reimer on starting: "Well, you know, fuck, I am, you know."

Rogue Guy Reimer on abortion: "What? If she wants to, let her fucking do it, you know."

Rogue Guy Reimer on religion: "Well, you know, fuck what you believe, you know."

Rogue Guy Reimer on Paul Walker's death: "Well, you know, who the fuck do you think I am? Dastardly? You know?"

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I actually laughed out loud when I saw Cleary on 24/7 in the room between periods giving pump up speeches because all I could think of was you saying how shitty he is and how ironic it was that he was giving the speech.
Is it weird that when I was watching this very same clip all I could think about was, "Oh no, now NHL GAF will see how embarrassing it is that Cleary is the one giving pep talks?"

Is it weird that when I was watching this very same clip all I could think about was, "Oh no, now NHL GAF will see how embarrassing it is that Cleary is the one giving pep talks?"

Cleary is "the guy" in the locker room.

Just like Laich is in Washington ;_;

Fuck Brooks Laich.

Bum.

Red_Man

Cleary is "the guy" in the locker room.

Just like Laich is in Washington ;_;

Fuck Brooks Laich.

Bum.
It's the same with Gorges in Montreal, on 24CH they show him yelling between every period and shouting "LET GO BOYS LETS GO GET IT DEEP" it's kind of embarrassing. I don't know how guys react to that when it's coming from average players.

Socreges

Banned
It's the same with Gorges in Montreal, on 24CH they show him yelling between every period and shouting "LET GO BOYS LETS GO GET IT DEEP" it's kind of embarrassing. I don't know how guys react to that when it's coming from average players.
Buh? Shouldn't matter if he's average. Players want that from their teammates. Unless the guy isn't a hard worker.

Red_Man

Buh? Shouldn't matter if he's average. Players want that from their teammates. Unless the guy isn't a hard worker.
Gorges' play has been up and down all season, he talks to the other guys like he's the coach and telling them all the stuff they're doing wrong while he's just as much at fault. It would annoy me hearing a guy like that constantly shouting at everyone with the way he's played.

calder

The thing that always, ALWAYS kills me is how base, simplistic and cliche 99% of locker room rah-rah is. It is literally the same shit the weirdo kid in your peewee team would yell with a few extra "fucking"s thrown in. I just wonder how guys listen to it untold thousands of times over the decades and don't just laugh.

And yet... clearly it's what works I guess. And just as clearly some ppl like/need it. A zillion years ago when I read Silence of the Lambs the line about leadership being a coarse gift really stuck with me, and damn it's so true.

Red_Man

The thing that always, ALWAYS kills me is how base, simplistic and cliche 99% of locker room rah-rah is. It is literally the same shit the weirdo kid in your peewee team would yell with a few extra "fucking"s thrown in. I just wonder how guys listen to it untold thousands of times over the decades and don't just laugh.

And yet... clearly it's what works I guess. And just as clearly some ppl like/need it. A zillion years ago when I read Silence of the Lambs the line about leadership being a coarse gift really stuck with me, and damn it's so true.
He literally yells the same shit between every period, he missed a game last week so Subban started imitating him and yelling the shit he always says. It was funny, but like you said I don't know how they take it seriously. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

fallout

What got me was seeing Laviolette reading that stuff from a pad of paper. Like, they weren't even specific things ... just "work hard down low" and whatever. I guess it's a way for him to keep it fresh and not repeat the same stuff, but man ... just struck me as odd.

calder

Callyham, Backes, or Dirty Dusty are the most likely candidates I think.

At most they'll give Dustin the A to keep him hungry. He won't be as willing to knee a guy out of the game every period if he's already rewarded with the captaincy.

Holiday

Banned
At most they'll give Dustin the A to keep him hungry. He won't be as willing to knee a guy out of the game every period if he's already rewarded with the captaincy.
I think Callyham will get it, since he has a cooler head than Backes, and he actually showers, unlike Brown.

Where's Sef's preds8wings1.jpg?

dZCUn.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Started Zelda ALBW a couple days ago, man that game is just fucking fantastic so far. Just got the Master Sword and unlocked the dark world. Dat music too.

Top Bottom