• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

So yea, Leafs lose tonight and they get bumped to 9th most likely.
Big game so obviously won't show up.

Reims will probably be in net, shutout incoming.

Though it was funny listening to Carlyle defend Bernier on his gaffs against the Isles so I wouldnt be surprised if he started.

So yea, Leafs lose tonight and they get bumped to 9th most likely.
Big game so obviously won't show up.

Yep, the East has caught up to both of our teams, not looking good for either especially with this road trip we are on. I have a feeling by the end of it we will be in 9th or 10th place. It's just looking more and more likely that our playoff streak will end.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@SensChirp: "Ownership allows you to do your job and spend money when the time is right." Tim Murray on why the #Sabres job was attractive."

Hahahahhaha fucking Melnyk!!

I won't lie, the Titanfall controversy player count thread has me pretty hyped for the game. I've always been hyped but reading some more info on it and going back and watching some gameplay videos has got me pretty excited.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm surprised no one posted the birthday skeleton/it's my birthday pictures.

Heretic

I won't lie, the Titanfall controversy player count thread has me pretty hyped for the game. I've always been hyped but reading some more info on it and going back and watching some gameplay videos has got me pretty excited.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm surprised no one posted the birthday skeleton/it's my birthday pictures.

I don't think anyone getting the game cares about player count enough to make a big deal out of it.

Delryk

Reimer is net tonight.. finally a win coming up!

I hope Reimer plays his best game and then stares at Carlyle and gives him the finger.

Samyy

If Reimer doesn't win tonight I fear we may never see him start again!

But anyway, with Clarkson slotting back in hopefully one of Orr/McLaren are sitting, and apparently Ashton is playing centre which he hasn't done since Junior.

And Holland was sent down because Carlyle didn't think it would help his development to play on 4th line, which is fair but I didn't really think his play warranted playing on the 4th line in the first place. I wonder if the Leafs will try Kadri/Holland at wing - that 2nd line RW spot is kinda open.

Delryk

I love the Titanfall commercial... shows the Ogre mech with a sales pitch from Hammond Robotics.. really well done.. i'm guessing they'll be doing more.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

I was gonna just post "So how bout that Titanfall?" yesterday, but decided against it. That thread is hilarious. The Respawn dev calling out the armchair designers is absolutely right. Those guys test the shit out of different player counts to find out what flows best and how to make the maps. The amount of testing we did on MAG was insane for the maps and those massive player counts.

Anyway, happy bday Crazed! SHORKS VS WINGS! Let's doooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

Delryk

If Reimer doesn't win tonight I fear we may never see him start again!

But anyway, with Clarkson slotting back in hopefully one of Orr/McLaren are sitting, and apparently Ashton is playing centre which he hasn't done since Junior.

And Holland was sent down because Carlyle didn't think it would help his development to play on 4th line, which is fair but I didn't really think his play warranted playing on the 4th line in the first place. I wonder if the Leafs will try Kadri/Holland at wing - that 2nd line RW spot is kinda open.

I heard Clarkson was taken off the ice early and was clearly pissed.. doubtful for tonight

Delryk

Oh really? I heard earlier on twitter it looked like he was getting back in... oh well.

Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby 13m
Carlyle confirms he wants Ashton at centre on 4th line, says Holland wasn't developing in that role. Game-time call on Clarkson, Gunnarsson.

there's hope!

Reimer is net tonight.. finally a win coming up!

I hope Reimer plays his best game and then stares at Carlyle and gives him the finger.

That would be amazing. Carlyle defended Bernier on his shit performance and would probably blast Reimer had it been him in net that game.

QNnMw6g.png

Yeah, let's do this after every loss.

I was gonna just post "So how bout that Titanfall?" yesterday, but decided against it. That thread is hilarious. The Respawn dev calling out the armchair designers is absolutely right. Those guys test the shit out of different player counts to find out what flows best and how to make the maps. The amount of testing we did on MAG was insane for the maps and those massive player counts.

Anyway, happy bday Crazed! SHORKS VS WINGS! Let's doooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

I keep forgetting you are in the industry and used to work for Zipper. I need to start getting my portfolio updated for my stuff, it's been a while and I still would love to work in the industry or start a small studio on the side eventually. Birthday's seem to make you look back at thinks you still want to accomplish. How I do miss playing SOCOM 1 + 2 on my PS2. Still have my copies of 1,2, and 3 with the rest of my games.

Happy birthday Crazed. I have to admit, I'm hoping you give us a meltdown post later on in celebration.

It would be tomorrow morning since I'll probably be asleep by the time the game get's going. Stupid 10:30 PM starts. So tomorrow you will have my rage post.

http://i.imgur.com/QNnMw6g.png[IMG]

Yeah, let's do this after every loss.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you guys keep holding on to that shootout win where you were outplayed/outshot almost 2-1. /birthdaysalt

That Titanfall thread is to dumb to even read but have they said if there will be smaller game modes? I think 4v4 is almost always the sweet spot for mp shooters. I hope they will have so modes like that.

ZeroGravity

Didn't realize the Caps had dropped out of the playoff picture at the moment. Also they have as many regulation/OT wins as the Islanders, Calgary, and Edmonton. What the hell.

@Avalanche said:
‏
Fresh off #Senators win, @Matt9Duchene films an @NBCSN feature with @Jeremy_Roenick. Watch for it soon. pic.twitter.com/0kx85pLL9S
BdjrPwUCcAA4UXD.jpg

I wonder if Roy and Roenick met up for lunch when they were filming this.

Solo

They tried too, but Roy couldn't hear which restaurant Roenick said with those Stanley Cup rings plugging his ears.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't realize the Caps had dropped out of the playoff picture at the moment. Also they have as many regulation/OT wins as the Islanders, Calgary, and Edmonton. What the hell.

Most shootout wins in the NHL + they've played the fewest games of any team in the NHL (well, tied with a few other teams for that distinction).

Acid08

Banned
Helm and DeKeyser are back tonight. Pavel, Ericsson, Franzen still out.
If Dats is out then we have a chance I guess :lol

Morning skate indicates that Kennedy and Wingels may be back tonight. They'd need to reassign some players to Wooster though.

Weiss is also still out, but we all forgot he even played for us.

If Dats is out then we have a chance I guess :lol

Morning skate indicates that Kennedy and Wingels may be back tonight. They'd need to reassign some players to Wooster though.

Funny enough, we have played much better when Dats is out of the lineup this year, we do have Z in though and we play great when he is in the lineup.

Top Bottom