• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Samyy

Toronto, I say we combine our two teams into one super amazing mediocre team. It's the only way to fix our problems.

See the thing is Crazed you have promising young prospects in the farm, you have an effective drafting system. A coach or GM replacement that is willing to give those guys a chance would go a long way in your case.

In our situation its there are no prospects ready to step up and play minutes in the NHL, outside of maybe a defensive prospect like Percy or Granberg (both have apparently impressed in the AHL). We have no real potential top six talent at all besides Josh Leivo, and being up against the cap with players signed to long-term contracts, all we can do is hope that the cap does indeed rise to 100mil :p, but even then building through free agency always seemed like a stupid strategy. The only player worth it in the last couple of years that the leafs could have used was probably Suter.

Also it helps that the most important forward position, that is center, is essentially solidified on your team and you only have that #1 D hole to fill, and maybe an upgrade in net - but we could always give you Reimer or something ;)

But damn could you imagine Datsyuk playing with JVR and Kessel, gotdamn :(

O'reilly won't play tonight, but might tomorrow. Varly is in tonight which means Jiggy will probably play tomorrow, I would have played Varlamov against the divisional opponent.

b1TufoP.jpg

pringles

Yeah, we are beyond screwed. I say we get 1 point the next 6 games, that coming from a shootout loss to NY. We will drop out of the playoff hunt, and will continually fall until we are in 12th place in the East.
It's reasonable to be pessimistic but Helm, Datsyuk and Franzen are all close to returning. We're a completely different team with those guys in.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Toronto, I say we combine our two teams into one super amazing mediocre team. It's the only way to fix our problems.

Over in NFL-GAF, we had a Lions/Texans alliance for a while.

I would easily support a Red Wings/Leafs alliance of mediocrity.

Also, LOL at that Wings schedule. Brutal. If Howard is playing, it's almost an instant loss.

Anaheim sent Andersen back down to the AHL and brought up John Gibson! Andersen to get some playing time this weekend and probably brought back up

Probably won't play but I'm excited with seeing his progress.

D'oh just saw Fasth is out for at least another 6 weeks

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seems like one of the Leafs biggest issues is not cleaning house, why toss Burke if you're just going to replace him with his right hand man?

Cactus

Banned
Seems like one of the Leafs biggest issues is not cleaning house, why toss Burke if you're just going to replace him with his right hand man?

The worst part is that Burke would have only offered Clarkson five years. That would have meant no Clarkson or two years less of Clarkson.

yyzjohn

Banned
Over in NFL-GAF, we had a Lions/Texans alliance for a while.

I would easily support a Red Wings/Leafs alliance of mediocrity.

Also, LOL at that Wings schedule. Brutal. If Howard is playing, it's almost an instant loss.

It's bad for the Wings now, but at least you've had recent history to look back on, always making the playoffs pretty much every year in your lifetimes and a few Cups to remember. What the fuck do Leafs fans have? You don't know how it feels, fuck the Wings will probably rebuild and be better than the Leafs again and we'll still be shit.

I guess any franchise that hasn't won a Cup in 20+ years might get it. Try 40+ though, fuck.

yyzjohn

Banned
Still have a year and a half till we hit the big four oh.

That's ok, you're in the 20+ club. Actually once you get past 30 years everything is just one big blur. You can't even remember a Cup in any meaningful way and you find yourself constantly cynical towards your hockey club.

I look forward to Habs fans hitting the 30 club in 2023.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Hockeystreams isnt open for registration! Bah.

I just finally bought a plex pass and setup a server so I can use it with my Chromecast. Pretty cool stuff.

Curufinwe

That's ok, you're in the 20+ club. Actually once you get past 30 years everything is just one big blur. You can't even remember a Cup in any meaningful way and you find yourself constantly cynical towards your hockey club.

I look forward to Habs fans hitting the 30 club in 2023.

In 2018 I'll very likely be in two 40+ clubs. :(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
and got a HS invite and registered. Bought a year. Already very impressed with the service.

Plex-> Chromecast with this is so great.

Cool. I want to get a miracast adapter and plug it into the HDMI in of my Xbox One so I can then mirror the display of my Surface or my PC on my Xbox.

Spl1nter

No one wanted Burke fired. He is a good GM. His few mistakes which any GM makes are heavily outweighed by his positive contributions.

Nonis bought out komisarek instead of liles. That move alone is honestly an embarrassing example of asset and cap management. Just mind boggling

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
How much did it cost for the rest of the season, and how did you get an invite?

I bought a calendar year for $109. So I get the rest of this season/playoffs and the first 3 months of next season before I have to re-up.

Been looking at the on demand stuff, the condensed replays, and full replays and stuff. This is a damn impressive package. Gonna check out some live streams at 7 then hopefully watch the Isles boxstretch the Avs at 9.

In terms of an invite, I just requested one and was sent an email about 30 mins later. Its not like Gaf where you're waiting a long time I guess.

I bought a calendar year for $109. So I get the rest of this season/playoffs and the first 3 months of next season before I have to re-up.

Been looking at the on demand stuff, the condensed replays, and full replays and stuff. This is a damn impressive package. Gonna check out some live streams at 7 then hopefully watch the Isles boxstretch the Avs at 9.

In terms of an invite, I just requested one and was sent an email about 30 mins later. Its not like Gaf where you're waiting a long time I guess.

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom