• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Var

I bought a calendar year for $109. So I get the rest of this season/playoffs and the first 3 months of next season before I have to re-up.

Been looking at the on demand stuff, the condensed replays, and full replays and stuff. This is a damn impressive package. Gonna check out some live streams at 7 then hopefully watch the Isles boxstretch the Avs at 9.

In terms of an invite, I just requested one and was sent an email about 30 mins later. Its not like Gaf where you're waiting a long time I guess.

Yeah, I love it. Plus it has some other pretty cool stuff on there like the UFC ppvs, 24CH, and 24/7.

nhl_g_referee1x_576.jpg

"The Stars are trying to make a push. You know what to do."

:lol

I bet they're not even being paid to screw over the Stars, they just do it for kicks.

No one wanted Burke fired.

I did.

Nonis bought out komisarek instead of liles. That move alone is honestly an embarrassing example of asset and cap management. Just mind boggling

???

Komisarek was widely seen as unmovable (that he's on a 700k contract now reinforces this), while Liles was at least traded for a bona fide NHL player.

IMO, the Liles trade makes the Grabovski buyout seem even more ridiculous.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The only issue I have with Hockeystreams is I'm unable to stream it to my 360 right now, otherwise it's an amazing package. Untouchable in almost every way. For some reason my GCL subscription renewed for free so I can still watch games on my xbox for now.

nhl_g_referee1x_576.jpg

"The Stars are trying to make a push. You know what to do."
:lol :lol

Spl1nter

I did.

???

Komisarek was widely seen as unmovable (that he's on a 700k contract now reinforces this), while Liles was at least traded for a bona fide NHL player.

IMO, the Liles trade makes the Grabovski buyout seem even more ridiculous.

They could of used a normal buyout on komi which had minimal cap hit or kept him for the season instead of now having Gleason/liles for 2 more years at 4 million.

They way Nonis and co have operated is if they have no clue about asset management.

They could of used a normal buyout on komi which had minimal cap hit or kept him for the season instead of now having Gleason/liles for 2 more years at 4 million

I dunno; Liles/Gleason you can move, Komisarek you could not. Either way, it's not a decision that I think really should make people question Nonis - especially not with MacArthur, Grabovski, Clakrson and Bozak there for all to see.

Spl1nter

I dunno; Liles/Gleason you can move, Komisarek you could not. Either way, it's not a decision that I think really should make people question Nonis - especially not with MacArthur, Grabovski, Clakrson and Bozak there for all to see.
They didn't move out a bad contract they simply shuffled the name and type of player. They wouldn't have to of moved komisarek just sit him in the minors or have a much smaller cap penalty over this and next year.

Also I think it was a much worse decision than perceived because the leafs could have potentially used their financial might to translate a compliance buyout into an asset from another team.

Var

The only issue I have with Hockeystreams is I'm unable to stream it to my 360 right now, otherwise it's an amazing package. Untouchable in almost every way. For some reason my GCL subscription renewed for free so I can still watch games on my xbox for now.

:lol :lol

Yeah, I can't get it working properly on my ps3. Runs flawlessly on the WiiU though.

Silexx

Garrioch reporting that Bryan Murray is on the cusp of signing a long term deal with the Sens. So kinda makes more sense for Tim Murray to have left for the GM job in Buffalo if he wasn't going to get the chance in Ottawa anytime soon.

Rumours were also saying that BM was holding out on signing again unless he could get a bigger payroll. I guess time will tell on that one.

Also, Pierre Dorion and Randy Lee will be new AGMs.

Merguson

Banned
They didn't move out a bad contract they simply shuffled the name and type of player. They wouldn't have to of moved komisarek just sit him in the minors or have a much smaller cap penalty over this and next year.

Also I think it was a much worse decision than perceived because the leafs could have potentially used their financial might to translate a compliance buyout into an asset from another team.

The Leafs tried to do the compliance thing. Didn't work. The NHL stopped the Leafs from doing it.

I shouldn't be amazed by the stupidity of Damien Cox anymore, but using St. Louis as an example? St Louis' recent success came after they made a coaching change.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just youtubed that Darren Pang "White Way" clip and "Darren Pang White Way" is the first result when you type in Darren Pang into Youtube :lol

zroid

Banned
Oh the Markham Waxers... I used to take skating lessons at the Centennial rink, so I saw them occasionally

/nostalgic

Top Bottom