• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

LevelNth

Banned
Leafs are actually keeping other teams shots low/outshooting them? And people said Carlyle wasn't the problem.
I want to see this over 15 games or so before we conclude anything, but damn, the difference in these past 3 is glaring.

Was Carlyle actually worse than we all thought?

Heretic

JF5sSMp.gif

I know why the thongs got moist... It was Perry.
851637064.gif
So good *bites lip*

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I want to see this over 15 games or so before we conclude anything, but damn, the difference in these past 3 is glaring.

Screw 15 games, I want to see this over the rest of the season and all of next season then I can make a conclusion.

Also because I know Kypreos won't be the only person on TV to want them to go back to their old style because this one is "boring".

Then I will laugh, laugh from my grave.

Heretic

Ducks used to give up 40+ shots under Carlyle. He had the team and goalie to withstand that though. Then one year he didn't and bye bye Carlyle.

LevelNth

Banned
Ducks used to give up 40+ shots under Carlyle. He had the team and goalie to withstand that though. Then one year he didn't and bye bye Carlyle.
Lots of Leaf fans recognized this as well, but since we have roster problems we didn't really know what to believe.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 4m
Marty St. Louis had no idea the game tonite is his 1,100th in the NHL when asked about another milestone. "It's 1,100 tonight? Is it?"

Should be same lineup for the Rangers again tonight for the hottest ticket in town: Rangers vs. Islanders. The only good teams in any sport in NY this year.

Oh boy those were the days. Actually we have up less when we had both Niedermayer and Pronger playing. I remembered he'd practice them hard on game day and then they would look sluggish during the game. Because they looked sluggish it was time for more practice.

zroid

Banned
Can you give a summary for those of us unable to listen?

He was talking about how the Leafs are playing responsibly, and then segued into how he's got the opposite problem at home. His wife and kids are vacationing in Florida; his wife calls him up last night and says she discovered a post on the web with a picture of their dog, claiming it's been found. One day home alone and Jeff already lost the dog, and he didn't even know it... she was furious. lol

edit: vv oh yeah I forgot about the "missing anyone" part :lol

Can you give a summary for those of us unable to listen?

O' got a call from his wife who's on vacation with the kids asking if he was missing anybody.

O' said he just missed the kids.

His wife then asked him about a lost dog found ad on their dog that she found on the internet.

Turns out O' left the garage door open when he went to go get food :lol

Lack starting tonight.

Also the Canucks will have two consecutive back-to-backs on this road trip. Might as well congratulate Tampa (the last game) on the upcoming free win.

zroid

Banned
Good to see Ferraro taking to task the idiots who are claiming playing defence is detracting from the Leafs' offence

Acid08

Banned
Huh, they're trying Hertl at center today. That's surprising. Kennedy is back today too so it looks like the fourth line will be Kennedy-Hertl-McGinn. Interested to see how that works out.

Stasis

Do you miss Gabby now or cool with him missing almost half the games in the season so far for the Kings?

I dont miss him at all, especially not with Nash beasting. I didn't miss him for very long. I understood the need for a move. But I still like him as a player and I love to use him in EA NHL games, lol. I'll still probably trade for him in a BAGM if I get that shit next year. Him missing potentially half a season should surprise no one.

I only miss Boyle and Stralman at this point, but our 3rd and 4th lines are so hot right now I dont know where Boyle would fit and Klein stepped up big time. Could use Boyle at the dot. Kinda miss Dubi sometimes.

Basically if we go back in time with knowledge of today, I do all three big moves again. Nash, Gabby, Cally. It'd be nice to have a fucking 1st rounder though. This team has been real fun to watch for a while, not just because of the crazy win streak.

Stasis

My regular seat for tonight's game sold for triple face value. Awesome.

AND it's calendar night!

Nice.

Montreal is fantastic but sometimes I really do miss living in Manhattan. Not only for the Rangers obviously, but your posts of going all the time...

I think I'll plan our next visit around games. Usually were too busy doing family stuff, seeing old friends, driving out to Jersey, PA. I need to time it so there are like 3 decent home games in the stretch and go see them all. It'd be perfect if they could play in Philly, Newark, Brooklyn and then at home all in that time frame, lol. Get on that pls NHL planners. You owe me for the shit scheduling this year. All these long ass gaps? It ain't right. It just ain't right.

Top Bottom