• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

eyeless

bozak, kadri and santorelli all had chances that missed the net (think santorelli might've had 2 in a row)? if those hit the net the sog would be more even

we were in the kings zone, just not getting sog

a period defensively like that is a dream for the leafs really, but offensively not so much maybe, 1 shot in 15 minutes even with net misses ain't great, still, whatever, that wasn't a bad period by leaf standards

zroid

Banned
0skMzPg.png

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

zroid

Banned
Kypreos was actually arguing in the post-game that the Leafs should go back to playing zero defence because that's the only way they can generate enough offence to win games.

Really

Montresor

I fell asleep by 11:30pm. Sounds like it was a good game for the Leafs. Dat defensive play. Dat three-zone responsibility. Dat Corsi.

HOWEVER.... from what I saw of the first 30 minutes of the game, LA was knocking us around. Doughty`s hit on Santorelli and Clifford`s hit + fight on Bodie and Dustin Brown standing up on Robidas... My pride...

Either way, I welcome the Peter Horachek era.

Kypreos was actually arguing in the post-game that the Leafs should go back to playing zero defence because that's the only way they can generate enough offence to win games.

Really

I feel less bad for not having Sportnet to avoid this shit. We had tons of chances, more than they had on us IMO. And when it got in our zone, it was broken up pretty well and/or Bernie made some solid, easy looking stops - I'd really only count that one glove save on Carter as complete robbery. Bad bounces and Jones just being monster didn't help at all.

Also goddamn those hits last night...it felt like the Leafs were the the little league team in that South Park episode

Top Bottom