• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"The best 4th line ever in hockey"

Someone take Cherry out back and put him out of his misery.

zroid

Banned
you haven't figured out PDO is nonsense yet?
there's enough evidence that we know it isn't. just like when the Leafs went 10-1-1 with a PDO of 108 and I kept saying how shit they are, now they're playing pretty well but have a PDO of like 93 and are losing...

this shit always evens out in the end, Leafs are on the wrong end of it right now. their PDO for the season is like 101 still, which is probably what it should be given their talent.

just frustrating to me that it's happening when theyrs playing well. in the past the collapses have accompanied bad play.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wonder how long Sportsnet had to dig through their archives to find that one glove save of Healys.

calder

Wow yeah Romanuk is losing his voice fast. Poor guy.

Lucky for him he has Healy there, more than willing to talk for ten minutes about being a backup goalie in the 80s :p

zroid

Banned
Wow yeah Romanuk is losing his voice fast. Poor guy.

Lucky for him he has Healy there, more than willing to talk for ten minutes about being a backup goalie in the 80s :p
man romanuk and Healy together is frightful

I think Johnson is doing colour right? I like him at least

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Love when BGally goes into a puck battle against two guys and comes out with the puck even after being knocked over.

Montresor

Steve Spott.

I edited my original post but I'll put what I wrote here instead:

There is almost nothing redeemable about this guy. Borderline 4th liner... Panik would be better on the PP. Panik, Booth, Winnik, Santorelli... If you want to give relief to JVR, Bozak and Kessel on the PP then you have better choices than Clarkson.

Clarkson is ineffective no matter where he plays...

calder

man romanuk and Healy together is frightful

I think Johnson is doing colour right? I like him at least

Yeah Johnson is colour, I really like him. I'm never 100% sure if Healy is there or just visiting remotely as the remote studio second commentator. In case they need a complete jackass to say something unbelievably stupid, hey someone cut in Heals feed.

Poor Paul. Can't imagine how awful he's feeling, when I get the flu I just curl up and sleep (or sweat and rave like a madman), couldn't even try sitting somewhere and working.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Aren't you guys up there in the cap ceiling? (RIP Capgeek) what would go back to help their defense?

Yeah, we're pretty close to the cap. What I meant was that I know NYR management has had interest in ROR as a player pretty much since he came into the league. I don't think they have much interest this particular go around, though, since I don't see any way to deal with his salary, and we don't have much in the way of spare parts on the defensive side to send back.

If we weren't paying Marc Staal, it would be a bit of a different story.

Top Bottom