• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

What's up with the Pens lately, I just looked at the standings and noticed they aren't dominating like they had been, still up there though.

Edit: nvm, they have less games played.

zroid

Banned
Fixing the scouting department should be a higher priority than tanking. Leafs should be able to grab a potential impact player no matter what pick they have, but not if they continue to emphasize size and grit when drafting.

We will see what kind of impact Mark Hunter has on the draft this year. That's what Shanny brought him in for.

They won that game where we won the shootout and then the Penguins won the shootout for real.

ooooh right man that was insane :lol

tumblr_nicrcgtLH11rgjwupo9_400.gif

It looks like the puck materializes from that defender's skate.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty good first. If the refs are going to continue calling this game this tightly, we're going to need to take better advantage of the power play because I'm pretty sure the Pens have at least one more PPG in them today.

Doesn't matter, we're going to lose this game. We like half skate against division opponents for some reason.

Pretty good first. If the refs are going to continue calling this game this tightly, we're going to need to take better advantage of the power play because I'm pretty sure the Pens have at least one more PPG in them today.

You'll get at least 1 PPG. We're terrible at leaving the point so open for slapshots and they just kill us. It's how you guys have beaten us in the pass so eventually with all the penalties you'll get at least one.

Samyy

Fixing the scouting department should be a higher priority than tanking. Leafs should be able to grab a potential impact player no matter what pick they have, but not if they continue to emphasize size and grit when drafting.

Yea a ton of top centres/dmen have been taken beyond the first 5-10 picks, kinda worried we haven't seen any turnover in the scouting department, though I guess we don't know who had final say on the picks the Leafs make.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting stats on Brassard:

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 2m
#NYR Stats: Derick Brassard has registered a point in eight consecutive regular season games against the Penguins (four goals, four assists)

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 2m
#NYR Stats: Brassard has now also notched a point in 9 of 10 regular season games against Pittsburgh as a Ranger (5 goals, 7 assists).

He was also terrific in the playoff series against the Penguins last year.

Guess he just really really loves playing Pittsburgh.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We will see what kind of impact Mark Hunter has on the draft this year. That's what Shanny brought him in for.

ooooh right man that was insane :lol

Yea a ton of top centres/dmen have been taken beyond the first 5-10 picks, kinda worried we haven't seen any turnover in the scouting department, though I guess we don't know who had final say on the picks the Leafs make.

My hope now is the front office give Hunter as much picks as possible to try to work some magic. Unload guys for 2nd/3rd rounders.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
And as I was saying about Brassard's production against the Pens earlier, that was Brass's second point in this game.

STEP!

There's that PPG I was asking for.

Samyy

I think a guy like Franson could probably get you a late first
Maybe from LA if we took some salary back in the deal

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Eddie O. is just straight up ANGRY about the way the Penguins are playing. Dude is just on rant after rant right now.

RangersFan

He took a major discount to stay in NY. So weird to see after all the recent departures. I guess once Steps is locked up, Hags and/or Zucc are gone.

Top Bottom