• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
He took a major discount to stay in NY. So weird to see after all the recent departures. I guess once Steps is locked up, Hags and/or Zucc are gone.

I'm expecting Zuccarello to go. For whatever reason he seems to constantly be low on Sather's priority list, and he's going to want more money and time than Slats will want to give him.

He probably deserves it, though, and will get it in free agency.

Merguson

Banned
Well fuck!
If we're resigning Franson then they need to get rid of Phaneuf+Robidas, so much salary in the back-end.

I think Gardiner gets moved. Phaneuf in the off-season, if it ever happened. I think that's one reason to talk to Franson. There's not a lot of salary to retain our players while trying to improve the team.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
15 out of 18 is still pretty good.

Back to 3rd in the Metro, and now just 2 points behind the Pens with a game in hand (will be 2 games in hand by the All-Star break).

Oh, and that was our last meeting with the Penguins this season. 3-0-1. Pretty good.

zroid

Banned
I know it wont be easy, but they should move Phaneuf for nothing, Bozak for whatever (possibly nothing), and Lupul for picks. The Leafs don't want to be burdened with Phaneuf's contract regardless if they are reretooling or rebuilding. he's only useful to a good team who can put him on 2nd pairing.

that might give them enough cap room to sign Franson, Bernier, Kadri, Santorelli, and Winnik.

yyzjohn

Banned
I know it wont be easy, but they should move Phaneuf for nothing, Bozak for whatever (possibly nothing), and Lupul for picks. Sign Franson. The Leafs don't want to be burdened with Phaneuf's contract if they are reretooling or rebuilding.
I like that: "we have a trade to report, Dion Phaneuf has been traded for...oh nothing"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I know it wont be easy, but they should move Phaneuf for nothing, Bozak for whatever (possibly nothing), and Lupul for picks. The Leafs don't want to be burdened with Phaneuf's contract regardless if they are reretooling or rebuilding. he's only useful to a good team who can put him on 2nd pairing.

that might give them enough cap room to sign Franson, Bernier, Kadri, Santorelli, and Winnik.

that means you have to find someone stupid enough to take on their contracts

which will be ridiculously hard

so unless you retain salary you'll probably have to either add picks or get a (less) shitty contract back

zroid

Banned
that means you have to find someone stupid enough to take on their contracts

which will be ridiculously hard

so unless you retain salary you'll probably have to either add picks or get a (less) shitty contract back
I believe Bozak is tradeable. he is paid too much but he is a useful player, and Phaneuf is similar. it's not a Clarkson situation with them. like I said it wont be easy but there are plenty of dumb GMs out there. in the past the dumb GM in question was Nonis, but he's not in charge anymore.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 3m
OFFICIAL: The #NYR and defenseman Marc Staal have agreed to terms on a contract extension..Staal will sign the contract today

99818-well-there-it-idauhl.gif

I'll fight him.

Plus I won't take a girl to McDonald's, let alone the Shangri-La
Wait, what's your spoiler in reference to?

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 3m
OFFICIAL: The #NYR and defenseman Marc Staal have agreed to terms on a contract extension..Staal will sign the contract today

99818-well-there-it-idauhl.gif
Rumor is 6 yrs 5.7 per. Do you think it's a good deal? I'm surprised he got that since it felt like people forgot he existed for the last year or two.

Acid08

Banned
Oh god apparently the game I'm going to on Wednesday is Metallica night at the Tank. I'm not sure what that's even going to be.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what's your spoiler in reference to?

Rumor is 6 yrs 5.7 per. Do you think it's a good deal? I'm surprised he got that since it felt like people forgot he existed for the last year or two.

It's about 1-2 years more than I really would have liked, but he probably would have gotten 6+m on the free agent market, and it's down in both term and money compared to what Staal's camp really wanted.

Even though he's not quite the player he was before his concussions and eye injury, he is still a top 4 guy on just about any team in the league and could probably be top pairing on some of the lower tier teams, so I think the prevailing view is that he accepted a slightly lesser deal than what he could have gotten on the market in order to remain with this particular group. The entire top 4 (if you count Klein in that group) is locked in for at least the next 3 years, and Lundqvist is in net back there basically until he retires, so it's pretty a good situation to be in if you're Marc Staal. He's going to be playing with these same defenders for years.

It also probably would have cost us at least that much to find a viable replacement for what Staal does in free agency.

same as NHL, 85' wide x 200' long

Weird, I guess it's just the camera angle they're using then.

God damn, it's hard to keep from laughing the more I reread his post. He literally took pictures of messed up sheets and a bathroom. Wow.

Edit: Apparently it's a CHL game, Verizon Fios' channel guide sucks ass.

Top Bottom