• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Weren't the Leafs one of the highest-scoring teams in the league at one point? What happened? Lupul got hurt? Team shifted over to improve their fancy stats and sacrificed their offence in the process? Trying to prove that Carlyle wasn't the root of the problems?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Weren't the Leafs one of the highest-scoring teams in the league at one point? What happened? Lupul got hurt? Team shifted over to improve their fancy stats and sacrificed their offence in the process? Trying to prove that Carlyle wasn't the root of the problems?

They can only concentrate on offence or defence. They are not able to do both.

zroid

Banned

their shooting % was insanely high

I'm talking about, like, Santorelli and Komarov had a higher shooting % than Stamkos. It was unsustainable as fuck.

Quick

Banned
You know we're at, or almost at, rock bottom when even Tabris is able to take not-so-suble potshots at the Leafs, and it's all just facts.

Razorskin

----- ------
It was probably Carlyle

Carlyle right before the toss:

FS46Ola.gif

zroid

Banned
I guess this would be a bad time to mention that the Leafs score-adjusted corsi is good in this game

I stopped watching btw ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zroid

Banned
They look like poop.

saw this diagram on twitter (it's 2nd period only)

B7wmPrZCAAAAPyQ.png

however you feel about fancystats, that's pretty incredible. canes have gotten almost all their shots on target, and leafs appear to be pressuring but can't buy a goal. should also note that Khudobin is the hottest goalie in the league atm.

Razorskin

----- ------
saw this diagram on twitter (it's 2nd period only)

B7wmPrZCAAAAPyQ.png

however you feel about fancystats, that's pretty incredible. canes have gotten almost all their shots on target, and leafs appear to be pressuring but can't buy a goal. should also note that Khudobin is the hottest goalie in the league atm.

aw hell no

hDciGyG.jpg

Avs were making good progress catching up to the rest of the division and are just pissing it away once again. It's like they just expect good things to happen when they put in no effort, remember that's not how it works for a single game and then forget for another few weeks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
3 NYR scouts at Leafs-Canes, huh?

I know the Rangers supposedly have interest in Sekera, and I guess everybody assumes the Leafs will be sellers.

Montresor

3 NYR scouts at Leafs-Canes, huh?

I know the Rangers supposedly have interest in Sekera, and I guess everybody assumes the Leafs will be sellers.

It's rumoured Toronto management wont be buyers at the deadline and wont try to save the season (HNIC panel said so on Saturday). Thank goodness - I really want them to sell as much as possible.

Top Bottom