• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The thing that most non-Leafs fans who hate the Leafs don't realize is nobody hates the Leafs more than Leafs fans.
This is the same with Habs fans. There's a hashtag that a lot of Habs users use #HIOHF which stands for "Hell Is Other Habs Fans". I know your pain, come to the light side zroid, we have fun and win over here.

I've said this before. It's a problem of having fighting in the game period, when you see guys wanting to fight for ANY sort of big hit. I mean there's that hilarious Lucic top 10 fan made clip where he wants to get into a fight any time he is hit.
I'd love to see fighting eliminated completely, and I think we're on that path, but it's so ingrained into hockey culture it will take a while for it to be completely gone. It's become pointless for the most part, and the more that concussion and brain related studies come out, they'll have no choice. The fact that they allow bare knuckle fighting in 2015 is incredible.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Eh, that was some classless shit. Winding up for a slapshot on purpose like he wants to hurt Phaneuf and then he stares him down. Fuck that guy. His brother gets smashed with a legal check and then he gets his ass kicked in a dumb retaliatory fight. Okay. Good for you Staal. Kid's a perpetual fucking loser either way. Carolina is a pure garbage team, same as the Leafs.

So fucking salty!!! :lol

zroid

Banned
At least the Raptors won

I can't even get excited for the Raptors anymore. They stink right now. :(

The race for the Corsi cup is on:

uPeJjGe.png

:lol the thing I find amazing is I believe their PDO for the season is still above 100. They're really getting what's coming to them.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So, is it possible we can be one of the worst teams in the league and get a top 3 pick?

All part of the Shanaplans! Please pull some strings, Shanny! :'(

EDMONTON DOESN'T NEED ANOTHER FUCKING FIRST!!!!!!

zroid

Banned
You know Kessel has been talking to the media daily since this skid started. It's probably cutting into his doughtnut eating time. He should get back to his routine...

Socreges

Banned
Eh, that was some classless shit. Winding up for a slapshot on purpose like he wants to hurt Phaneuf and then he stares him down. Fuck that guy. His brother gets smashed with a legal check and then he gets his ass kicked in a dumb retaliatory fight. Okay. Good for you Staal. Kid's a perpetual fucking loser either way. Carolina is a pure garbage team, same as the Leafs.
He has an Olympic gold medal and a Stanley Cup ring.

Socreges

Banned
Triple Gold club, too.

(Yeah it's kinda funny how the IIHF tries to make that a thing, but it's still pretty cool)
Fine, we can talk all day about his accomplishments. But how about why we focus on his lack of accomplishments; most notably him not playing in an All-Star game in 2010 nor 2014. The guy is a loser.

Also he lost his mother to cancer last year, too.

Tabris

Man it annoys me so much that Eric Staal is in such a who gives a fuck market.

I wanted to see that talent somewhere else. I will eventually near the end of his career but once again, who gives a fuck then.

There's some awesome players out there in shitty markets that should be on a Canadian or Original 6 team to get some good exposure.

Fine, we can talk all day about his accomplishments. But how about why we focus on his lack of accomplishments; most notably him not playing in an All-Star game in 2010 nor 2014. The guy is a loser.

Also he lost his mother to cancer last year, too.

Couldn't even save his goddamn mum from cancer. Fucking loser.

I wanted to see that talent somewhere else. I will eventually near the end of his career but once again, who gives a fuck then.

Eric Staal doesn't take pictures of his food or his used hotel bed. That's how much of a winner he is.

Socreges

Banned

Nah, he's got his hardware. He'll want to retire the Sakic/Yzerman of Carolina.

Eric Staal doesn't take pictures of his food or his used hotel bed. That's how much of a winner he is.
I lol'ed

Tabris

Nah, he's got his hardware. He'll want to retire the Sakic/Yzerman of Carolina.

But I doubt CAR won't want to get some rebuild assets by trading him near the end of his career.

I rarely see the Sakic/Yzerman happen anymore. I was going to use Iginla as a recent example but he doesn't have a triple gold.

I like Horachek's attitude and him as a person, after listening to his press conference on the way home. I only saw the first period of the game at my friend's and it was enough to remind me as to why I went out instead of wasting my time watching it.

I'm not surprised they lost, because it's the Leafs, their troubles and how Carolina almost always beats them. Why that is, who knows.

Who cares, though? Lose all of your games, Leafs, and rebuild with the draft. Stop yanking our dicks every year, just to stop before anything happens. You're fucked.

Samyy

It would be amazing if we could finish with the 5th overall pick, season would be a complete success!
One of Hanifin, Marner and Strome will be available at #5 :0

Top Bottom