• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

zroid

Banned
It would be amazing if we could finish with the 5th overall pick, season would be a complete success!
One of Hanifin, Marner and Strome will be available at #5 :0

you know as well as i do the laffs will go on a post-ASB run and finish with the 10th pick

it's like clockwork

ZeroGravity

Got a kick out of this HF trade proposal earlier:

to the Leafs: Slater koeoek (recent hight pick), anthony deongelo, bret Connelly, and 2 1st or a 1st and 2nd cap dump to even salaries

To bolts: Kessel plus a small plus

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck the Leafs right now!

I just got back from my 7th session of hockey school. Learned how to shoot and at the end we actually played hockey against the other team we do hockey school with.

We did wholesale line changes every 2 minutes.

It was more shinny then actual hockey as there were no penalties or offsides (unless super egregious) but oh man was it fun.

It was my first time EVER playing actual hockey on the ice and man oh man was it a thrill. I got 3 shifts out there. Played defense twice and left wing once. I didn't get to do much and I only touched the puck twice in those 3 shifts but my heart was racing.

I was able to dump the puck out of our zone when we were in trouble, I saw a drop pass coming in the offensive zone but my body couldn't react as fast as my brain so it resulted in a 2 on 1 the other way. And I almost had a clean breakaway, my defense partner stole the puck in our zone and for some reason absolutely nobody was on my side so I called for the puck and skated out of the zone. My partner missed me by a mile but I was wide open. The goalie came out to play the puck since I was catching up to it and because of my hustle he fanned on trying to shoot it out of the zone and it resulted in my team scoring on an empty net since he then fell over trying to recover.

I'm gonna sleep well tonight. :D

WHAT A WIN! WIDEMAN!!!!!!!

We need 3v3 OT after that taste we got tonight

For those who did not watch, got the GWG but it looked like a cross bar and they played on until the Kings iced it, then it was reviewed and it was actually a goal, I was fooled because it looked like a damned post. So good.

Ursn

WHAT A WIN! WIDEMAN!!!!!!!

We need 3v3 OT after that taste we got tonight

For those who did not watch, got the GWG but it looked like a cross bar and they played on until the Kings iced it, then it was reviewed and it was actually a goal, I was fooled because it looked like a damned post. So good.

I didnt watch, only listened on the kings radio broadcast and even the announcers said it was a post until the officials called it a goal.

Syrinx

But I doubt CAR won't want to get some rebuild assets by trading him near the end of his career.

I rarely see the Sakic/Yzerman happen anymore. I was going to use Iginla as a recent example but he doesn't have a triple gold.

He has a no-trade clause, and has stated he doesn't intend to waive it.

He wants to stay in Carolina.

I just got back from my 7th session of hockey school. Learned how to shoot and at the end we actually played hockey against the other team we do hockey school with.

It was more shinny then actual hockey as there were no penalties or offsides (unless super egregious) but oh man was it fun.

It was my first time EVER playing actual hockey on the ice and man oh man was it a thrill. I got 3 shifts out there. Played defense twice and left wing once. I didn't get to do much and I only touched the puck twice in those 3 shifts but my heart was racing.

I was able to dump the puck out of our zone when we were in trouble, I saw a drop pass coming in the offensive zone but my body couldn't react as fast as my brain so it resulted in a 2 on 1 the other way. And I almost had a clean breakaway, my defense partner stole the puck in our zone and for some reason absolutely nobody was on my side so I called for the puck and skated out of the zone. My partner missed me by a mile but I was wide open. The goalie came out to play the puck since I was catching up to it and because of my hustle he fanned on trying to shoot it out of the zone and it resulted in my team scoring on an empty net since he then fell over trying to recover.

This sounds so cool :D The only hockey I've played is ball hockey as a goalie, always loved the position. And again it was shinny style, no offsides or penalties. Making the jump to the ice seems daunting though D: this is one of those adult hockey schools?

Fuck the Leafs right now!

This has been another addition of cat hockey brought to you by Kave!!!

Seriously tough, good for you, glad you are still enjoying it. On that note I am borrowing a buddies GoPro for this friday and am going to mount it to my helmet when I play so I might finally have some cool footage to show. So be prepared for that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
B7wzMDMCcAIJmfo.jpg:large
Art.

Red_Man

Briebois said on TV yesterday that Bergevin tried to trade for O'Rielly 2 years ago. He's still our development coach and it's really surprising he's saying that seeing how tight Bergevin has been with his group. Wonder if he's still interested.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's like watching a train wreck...and the train is full of people who have just profoundly let you down.
And the train wreck lets you down because it can't even wreck all the way.

I kind of do hope we trade and tank at this point. I do like at Chuck has done but this group is really demoralized right now.

Red_Man

Leaf fans at work are going crazy, saying Kessel needs to be traded, Riemer is better than Bernier, blow the team up, etc. It's glorious.

fallout

The Jets have been playing so much lately that I was legitimately confused when I noticed this morning that they weren't playing tonight.

Samyy

I'm just shocked so many people had expectations in the first place, what were they really expecting from this season?

I'm just shocked so many people had expectations in the first place, what were they really expecting from this season?

It's not as simple as that. You're a fan of the team, you want them to do well. My expectations weren't very high but it still stings at this point I'm just baffled by how mediocre this team is.

I'm so used to dispassionately watching the playoffs I'm not even upset any more.

Toronto is probably the most consistent inconsistent team around.

Had that long stretch where they kinda sucked.

Then had a long stretch of turning it on and playing really well.

And now have a long stretch of sucking again.

ShaneB

Kave, keep the updates coming, they're great fun, glad you're having a blast. Certainly gets me nostalgic for my hockey play days while growing up.

Leaf fans at work are going crazy, saying Kessel needs to be traded, Riemer is better than Bernier, blow the team up, etc. It's glorious.

It's always been that bit of schadenfreude. Sure I would actually like for the Leafs to turn it around, and eventually be a contender, but it's not like they're in a hard market, they can be terrible for eternity and the fans will come in droves, so it is wonderful fun to see them be so terrible too.

Sorry Leafs fans =( You are a good bunch and do deserve better!

expect it's really losing the same way isn't it... :

If you mean in the way a loss is a loss by less goals then yeah, that's true. I'm not sure what else you mean, my Junior brain doesn't comprehend.

I see it as this group is finally playing more defensive hockey, which is what everyone wanted, but scoring has fallen apart. Theoretically and statistically more sustainable, but not enough offensive chances :(

Top Bottom