• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

zroid

Banned
If you mean in the way a loss is a loss by less goals then yeah, that's true. I'm not sure what else you mean, my Junior brain doesn't comprehend.

lol, I just mean they always collapse like this every season.

I see it as this group is finally playing more defensive hockey, which is what everyone wanted, but scoring has fallen apart. Theoretically and statistically more sustainable, but not enough offensive chances :(

to be fair, looking at scoring chance data, they have been getting about the same scoring chances for under Horachek as under Carlyle. the main difference is they're giving up fewer scoring chances against than they used to. what this stretch really is is one of the most legendary PDO collapses in NHL history :lol it's kind of fun to be a part of, in a way

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm still a bit hyped here at work.

It was so fun last night. What will happen if I even get a shot on goal or even a goal? :eek:

zroid

Banned
4LcMsAL.png

I'm still a bit hyped here at work.

It was so fun last night. What will happen if I even get a shot on goal or even a goal? :eek:

you can do it, kavey!!!

to be fair, looking at scoring chance data, they have been getting about the same scoring chances for under Horachek as under Carlyle. the main difference is they're giving up fewer scoring chances against than they used to. what this stretch really is is one of the most legendary PDO collapses in NHL history :lol it's kind of fun to be a part of, in a way

Fair enough, I was just going off what I was seeing. Checking War on Ice paints the picture of the Toronto Corsi Leafs pretty clearly.

they should play in the Corsi Hockey League, I hear Steve Simmons is the commissioner

"well trained eyes"

I felt bad for not seeing the chances in last nights games - Carolina's goalie did a lot to qualm that with controlled stops and being nice and square with the puck most of the time - but this guy is worse...and paid to do this. Though it is the Sun writing his cheques.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Senators coming into town tonight before the All-Star break. Should be a good o-
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 14m
Stat of the day: In the regular season since 4/18/06, Sens are 13-1-1 at MSG. Last Rangers regulation win in that span was 10/3/09.
Shit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So charges might be laid against one of the dudes who tossed a sweater onto the ice.

Frankly I'm fine with it if it does happen. It's a stupid thing to do that needs to stop.

zroid

Banned
"well trained eyes"

I felt bad for not seeing the chances in last nights games - Carolina's goalie did a lot to qualm that with controlled stops and being nice and square with the puck most of the time - but this guy is worse...and paid to do this. Though it is the Sun writing his cheques.

i can't really blame you, when you're seeing that much goal scoring futility, it's pretty hard to watch, let alone follow the game closely. everything just looks like crap.

i gave up after the 1st period -_-

BTW Corey Pronman is discussing his Nylander thoughts on TSN 1050 atm http://www2.tsn.ca/toronto/listen/

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
3 men charged in what has been dubbed jerseygate.

Banned from all MLSE events and fined.

I'm on my phone and can't show it but someone joked on twitter the fans have been sentenced to solitary confinement...they must sit in the platinums for the first 10 mins of every period.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Kave's hockey updates are my new favourite thing in this thread. Keep then coming! :D

imBask

Banned
I understand why you would charge people who threw jersey on the ice DURING THE PLAY

but then again, that's such a bad PR move, almost as bad as the team on the ice right now

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Man the Leafs should jump on this deal. Then if the Oilers finish better than expected, they can package Oilers 1st rounder + Leafs 1st rounder for first overall....

There's no way the first overall gets traded this year, pretty sure lol.

If any moves are made during the season, I hope it's just one guy that's shipped out: Bozak.

Kadri needs the 1C shifts and line now.

So charges might be laid against one of the dudes who tossed a sweater onto the ice.

Frankly I'm fine with it if it does happen. It's a stupid thing to do that needs to stop.

I love it.

If a devoted fan wants to show his/her displeasure with how shockingly awful this club has been for almost ten years, there are few better ways to embarrass the players and front office than tossing a jersey on the ice.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lazar scratched for Neil
Weircioch scratched for Philips

Yep gotta start developing those Neil and Philips players so you can help the future of this team.

Man a three-point game between Calgary and LA last night.

Ortio has been amazing so far. I just picked him up in my hockey pool which means that he's going to give up 5 goals next game. No need to thank me.

Have to say the Leafs keep finding new ways to entertain. Such a comedy of errors. I thought things hit rock bottom when they lost 9-2, then Carlyle was fired, and now they score as often as Tabris.

ZeroGravity

Sounds like the Heritage Classic next year in Winnipeg is going to get postponed because the NHL and the Blue Bombers can't work out a date to play it on.

Top Bottom