• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

zroid

Banned
Erik Johnson out of the ASG now :lol

He went from a 1.11 PPG player last year to a 0.98 PPG player so far this season. 0.98 PPG isn't all the great and size does have some weight in a player's chances of panning out:

CmVgjhd.png

I think Merkley is an example of an underrated prospect due to size, but I don't really feel the same about Konecny. Not until he starts scoring at least.

Fair enough... the commentators said he struggled a bit early on in the season but has picked it up a lot since then. We'll see where he ends up.

Just a hypothetical based off this game, if the Leafs are picking #9 I'm hoping for Provorov, he's looked real good.
Also because I want to hear the Cherry + Toronto radio callers meltdowns

Same, Provorov has impressed me in every format I've seen him. The WJC, a WHL game I saw recently, and this one.

Cake Boss

Banned
He went from a 1.11 PPG player last year to a 0.98 PPG player so far this season. 0.98 PPG isn't all the great and size does have some weight in a player's chances of panning out:

CmVgjhd.png

I think Merkley is an example of an underrated prospect due to size, but I don't really feel the same about Konecny. Not until he starts scoring at least.

Cool chart, kinda funny how you have a better chance of drafting a 6'0 player than a 6'1 player.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
From Twitter

Erik Johnson isn't going to the ASG. Now is when the league calls PK Subban and begs for forgiveness. And he laughs and hangs up.
He wouldn't say no, but I wish he would.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
so sad so many of them are getting sick just for a week now... how terrible of a timing this is...

Yawnier

Banned
Just a hypothetical based off this game, if the Leafs are picking #9 I'm hoping for Provorov, he's looked real good.
Also because I want to hear the Cherry + Toronto radio callers meltdowns

Dude was projected to go late 1st not too long ago but has climbed into the top 10

I wouldn't mind if we drafted a defenceman in the early to mid 1st tbh. As bad we could use a C with top six potential in this draft, this team needs help and has holes in basically every area including D.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
In a span of like 3 minutes, NHL Network just named the Boston Bruins the #3 most likely team to make the Stanley Cup Final out of the East AND one of the biggest disappointments in the NHL this season.

Okay, guys.

Samyy

Dude was projected to go late 1st not too long ago but has climbed into the top 10

I wouldn't mind if we drafted a defenceman in the early to mid 1st tbh. As bad we could use a C with top six potential in this draft, this team needs help and has holes in basically every area including D.

I was pretty interested in Zacha until I think User pointed out his production issues?
After Strome dunno if theres really an amazing center worth taking over some of these defensemen.

Like Hanifin might fall to 4-5, Werenski is probably around 6-8, Kylington, Provorov, seems like there are some elite level D available where Leafs might pick moreso then centers.

Ideally we get #5 and pick Strome :/

Sell all our UFAs for the tank pls!

Merguson

Banned
I was pretty interested in Zacha until I think User pointed out his production issues?
After Strome dunno if theres really an amazing center worth taking over some of these defensemen.

Like Hanifin might fall to 4-5, Werenski is probably around 6-8, Kylington, Provorov, seems like there are some elite level D available where Leafs might pick moreso then centers.

In a perfect world we get #5 and pick Strome :/

Maybe Mitch Marner? London Knights player, and we do have the former Knights GM in charge of scouting.

Merguson

Banned
Marner is gone before #5, unless someone really wants Lawson Crouse, don't see him realistically being available in the 7-10 range.

Mark Hunter will instruct his brother to spread rumors about his uncanadian attitude.

No one will want him, then.

EDIT: There's the Leafs strategy for the drafts to come in the future. You heard it here first.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shocking, a media outlet based out of Toronto, slamming my city. What a load of bullshit. I want to know how they come to that conclusion. It's not like racism is any less evident in any other parts of Canada, or the rest of the world.

I don't know what you're talking about, I don't know a single racist in Vancouver

Yawnier

Banned

Ideally we get #5 and pick Strome :/

Sell all our UFAs for the tank pls!

After Strome and Zacha (which I imagine both will be gone by the 8th ov. pick) there is a bit of a drop in what centers are available, although there will be probably be a few center steals mid to late (Konecny?) in the first round like most other front-loaded drafts I imagine.

Not sure how I feel taking a pure winger in the top 10 despite really liking Svechnikov and Rantanen especially considering what priceless value and how hard young players with #1 Center upside or offensive defencemen with #1D upside are to get -- you just have no choice but to draft them yourself in order to get them.

calder

I thought you were visiting Winnipeg and maybe they interviewed you by mistake, thinking you were a resident here? =P
I occasionally wonder if new ppl read the threads and wonder why everyone just weirdly tolerates this one guys overt, super racism.

Erdrick

Why the fuck would anyone ever go to Winnipeg tho? :p

You're just hating on us because we have Kane and Byfuglien. =P

I occasionally wonder if new ppl read the threads and wonder why everyone just weirdly tolerates this one guys overt, super racism.

Yeah, I'm used to the running joke, but I'm pretty sure new members must be like WTF? I forget how it began?

You know you want to come for a visit. :D

I'll make fallout buy the first round.

Make sure it's a dark beer though.

"Finally, someone I can agree with!"

Truth be told, this is actually the GAF cabal of racism.

We've been using the white people sport of "hockey" as a front this whole time so we can speak in code for planning white pride movements within different NA cities.

"Fuck Stoll" is code for "Meet at 4:15 at the 7-11 on Broad St to discuss white power policy".

I'm playing P.T. for the first time right now and I'm so scared that I could throw up.

They call it a "tech demo" but it's actually a FUCKING HARROWING, LIFE DRAINING AND EMPTY EXPERIENCE.

Johnson is injured, noooo.

Go easy on it then.

calder

I'm playing P.T. for the first time right now and I'm so scared that I could throw up.

My wife kept yelling "stop playing!" from the other room because I kept screaming in terror. And yet she refused to sit in the room with me for moral support, I really should have added a scary game support rider in our wedding vows. Hindsight, folks. Don't make the same mistake.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Even my dog started growling at the TV. If Silent Hills is going to be like this, I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle it. And SH 1-3 are three of my favorite games of all time. Yeesh.

In other gaming news, I played the first 30-45 minutes of The Last of Us tonight too. Amazing walking simulator. I assume a game starts at some point.

I want to know how they come to that conclusion. It's not like racism is any less evident in any other parts of Canada, or the rest of the world.

Author for the first time witnesses the dynamic of having an impoverished visible minority community abutting/overlapping much wealthier community.

The East doesn't really have any poor FN communities within its cities, the West does.

Socreges

Banned
Shocking, a media outlet based out of Toronto, slamming my city. What a load of bullshit. I want to know how they come to that conclusion. It's not like racism is any less evident in any other parts of Canada, or the rest of the world.
Scientific polling.

Even my dog started growling at the TV. If Silent Hills is going to be like this, I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle it. And SH 1-3 are three of my favorite games of all time. Yeesh.

In other gaming news, I played the first 30-45 minutes of The Last of Us tonight too. Amazing walking simulator. I assume a game starts at some point.

Walking is the game

Top Bottom