• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

zroid

Banned
cgXj1aC.gif

Curufinwe

A funny part of the Flyers-Pens game I didn't notice at the time. Downie grabbed Schenn's visor during their fight, and the ref told him to let go then discussed it with Giroux afterwards.

ZMHG94W.gif%5D

ShaneB

Even my dog started growling at the TV. If Silent Hills is going to be like this, I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle it. And SH 1-3 are three of my favorite games of all time. Yeesh.

I couldn't make it through Silent Hill 2 when it came out just because I was so terrified. I'd just want to stand still so nothing would ever happen.

LevelNth

Banned
Supposedly Phaneuf + Gardiner + mid round pick has been offered to the Kings for Richards + LA's 1st in 2015 + Zykov or Kempe...

Supposedly Phaneuf + Gardiner + mid round pick has been offered to the Kings for Richards + LA's 1st in 2015 + Zykov or Kempe...

Where did this come from? This is one of the worst rumoured deals I've seen posted.

Which with Nonis in charge means it could be (distressingly) accurate.

Socreges

Banned
Where did this come from? This is one of the worst rumoured deals I've seen posted.

Which with Nonis in charge means it could be (distressingly) accurate.
What's the problem with it?

You get a steeply declining Richards with intangibles and that Ontarian seed + a 1st rd pick that could end up as 30th overall!

Norml

Sweet!

NEW YORK / TORONTO – The National Hockey League (NHL) and the National Hockey League Players' Association (NHLPA) today announced a North American partnership with GoPro, the maker of the world's most versatile camera and enabler of some of today's most immersive and engaging content. The agreement is GoPro's first with a major professional sports league. As part of this unprecedented partnership, the NHL will use GoPro's innovative equipment and expertise to deliver hockey fans never-before-seen perspectives of the game and the talents of the top players in high-definition video content during national and regional game broadcasts and across the digital and social media platforms of the NHLPA, NHL and GoPro.
http://youtu.be/F1jpCBPiWS4

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I assume Zykov or Kempe are B or C grade prospects?

Really I don't have much problems with the trade.

I'd like to keep Gardiner and a few other guys but really with the results we have had I can't say if a trade comes along that gives us even an adequate return I wouldn't say no.

Yawnier

Banned
I assume Zykov or Kempe are B or C grade prospects?

Really I don't have much problems with the trade.

I'd like to keep Gardiner and a few other guys but really with the results we have had I can't say if a trade comes along that gives us even an adequate return I wouldn't say no.

Kempe is good (late 1st rounder), played with Nylander in MODO and at the WJC.

zroid

Banned
Franson is by far the most overrated player on the team.

If the Leafs can flip him for value it'll be a huge coup.

Franson is either underrated or overrated, no in-between.

He's underrated. Hugely underrated.

I'm hopeful the voices of the analytics people in the front office will be heard. I've been saying this for a couple months now, they should trade Phaneuf for the cap room to sign Franson.

(edit: I read an article a while ago analyzing why Franson is underappreciated by traditional scouting methods and the "eye test", I can try to find it for you if you're interested. His analytics are among the best on the team, AND he puts up a lot of points.)

Cool, I'm actually using my friends tonight for the first time on my helmet and am just using a VHB mount to hold the camera, it should hold pretty well.

Yzerman said:
“Well, we expect to get Matt Carle back sometime right around the trade deadline. Roughly give or take six weeks. We’ll get him back, so that will be like a deadline addition. Radko Gudas is out. Those are guys that were two of our top six at the start of the year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Yzerman learned from Holland all too well, that's exactly what Holland said a few years ago. That is hilarious.

zroid

Banned
If Phaneuf were traded I'd expect a Luongo-type return, which is not much. No one wants that contract.

That's fine. Getting cap room is enough.

The people saying we should move Phaneuf for Richards are insane. Phaneuf is a good #3 or #4 D. You don't pay a 2nd pair guy $7 mil, but you don't need to take back a 4th liner making $6 mil to move him.

Top Bottom