• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently Brodeur is only joining the Blues front office til the end of the season and will then join the Devils. Important note lol.

Uh oh

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod · 27m 27 minutes ago
From multiple sources: Rogers' NHL ratings are dropping considerably. Approx 1M less people watched Friday's Fantasy Draft than in 2012.

Told ratings across all platforms are dropped "significantly" from previous years, and there is serious disappointment from multiple areas.

Lots of work has been put forward to improve ratings, etc., but the current numbers have caught many off guard. Folks expected a rough climb

On All-Star Weekend numbers: told Fantasy Draft was down approx 700k, Skills Competition was down approx 800k & All-Star Game down approx 1M

I can't tell if he's talking just about the ASG, or about Rogers' coverage in general.

Either or, I can't say I'm that surprised. The broadcasting team Rogers' tried to pass off as their 'all star line-up' is full of odious Sportsnet personalities that no one was asking to see more of. And no wonder people weren't that interested in watching! These guys spend half the year shitting on any and everything related to the ASG.

zroid

Banned
About an equal chance of 0 in either scenario ;)

BPXmvFd.png

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Sportsnet sucks, and I know a bunch of people who don't even get it and are missing out on some hockey this season.

The entry draft is going to be fucking awful this year, yeah we won't have to listen to Craig Button, but we'll have everything else.

Didn't realize I get such great access to CHL games through hockeystreams.

Watching prospects stuff is going to be fantastic.

How is their draft coverage stuff? Do they just stream whatever TSN/NBCSN does?

TUSR

Banned

they stream so much stuff on HS, ive watched wrestling on it before

whatever sports center covers for drafts is usually on there.

Quick

Banned

They stream anything hockey. The beautiful thing is you have the choice of which broadcast you'd like.

zroid

Banned
this full year GCL trial really spoiled me, might have to get HS next year, I dunno

Rogers does have a lot of nationally broadcast games though

anyone know if HS works on the Wii U browser?

ShaneB

Uh oh

I can't tell if he's talking just about the ASG, or about Rogers' coverage in general.

Either or, I can't say I'm that surprised. The broadcasting team Rogers' tried to pass off as their 'all star line-up' is full of odious Sportsnet personalities that no one was asking to see more of. And no wonder people weren't that interested in watching! These guys spend half the year shitting on any and everything related to the ASG.

Hard to understand the context if it just means the ASG stuff or in general. I'd guess just the all star game since it's spitting out specific numbers. If it's about the ASG, that's more a problem of the NHL, not Rogers. The ASG is a farce.

Either or, I know Rogers/Sportsnet gets shit on plenty here, but I couldn't care less, and have enjoyed the amount of hockey I've seen on tv. Sure it's a different time these days when you can stream and enjoy whatever game you want, when you want, etc etc etc, so maybe it's all a moot point regardless.

Does this mean the Superbowl might be on there this weekend? That would be nice.

Not likely. The "other" stuff that gets streamed tends to be PPVs, ala wrasslin and UFC numbered cards. The Super Bowl is getting streamed on various sites anyway.

Sportsnet sucks, and I know a bunch of people who don't even get it and are missing out on some hockey this season.

The entry draft is going to be fucking awful this year, yeah we won't have to listen to Craig Button, but we'll have everything else.

I hate the Sportsnet Commentators. They are pretty bad. Especially the guys who do the Habs broadcasts

Pens trade a guy who has been playing hard while getting dragged down by two of the worst players on an NHL roster for an asshole who has just been getting worse every year

...awesome

ShaneB

Does the PS4 browser support flash? If it's not flash video then it should probably work on Wii U too...

I use hockeystreams on PS4, which works using the mobile site.

Works fine, but a bit annoying because it shares the delay from how mobile is streamed.

Var

this full year GCL trial really spoiled me, might have to get HS next year, I dunno

Rogers does have a lot of nationally broadcast games though

anyone know if HS works on the Wii U browser?

It does but you have to use the mobile site.

zroid

Banned
ok thanks guys!

Just asking because I'd be more likely to sub to HS if I can easily watch the games on the TV

doesn't have to be perfect, I mean I manage with the godawful PS3 GCL app :lol

Top Bottom