• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Personal memo

I urge everyone to post/text/tweet #BellLetsTalk today, as little as it may help. But as someone personally affected and as quite a few people in NHLGAF and our lives generally are/may be, anything helps.

"27% of people are afraid to be around someone they know is suffering from mental illness", what a terribly sad statistic.

ShaneB

Personal memo

I urge everyone to post/text/tweet #BellLetsTalk today, as little as it may help. But as someone personally affected and as quite a few people in NHLGAF and our lives generally are/may be, anything helps.

"27% of people are afraid to be around someone they know is suffering from mental illness", what a terribly sad statistic.

=*(

I've been glad to see more commercials and whatnot trying to clarify just what mental illness really means.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like JT Miller and Matt Hunwick are skating as extras at practice today. So that would probably mean the lineup against the Habs tomorrow would look something like:

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-St.Louis
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast
Glass-D.Moore-Stempniak

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
J.Moore-Klein

Every time I see guys in here post about how good Price is I just think back to that draft where Pierre was freaking the fuck out about them taking Price over whoever the hell the forward was also there that Pierre had a crush on.

lowballj

Neo Member
gxi7q.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
To Be fair, it's not like Kopitar would've been A terrible pick either and the Habs could've signed a goalie in the off-season too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like JT Miller and Matt Hunwick are skating as extras at practice today. So that would probably mean the lineup against the Habs tomorrow would look something like:

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-St.Louis
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast
Glass-D.Moore-Stempniak

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
J.Moore-Klein
Looks like I was wrong. They're flopping the bottom lines around.

Hagelin-D.Moore-Stempniak
Glass-Hayes-Fast

I'm sure putting the kids with Tanner Glass will be a big help.

Curufinwe

Every time I see guys in here post about how good Price is I just think back to that draft where Pierre was freaking the fuck out about them taking Price over whoever the hell the forward was also there that Pierre had a crush on.

Drafts are such a crapshoot. The Oilers take Marc-Antoine Pouliot right before Vancouver takes Kesler and the Flyers take Richards, but I'm sure at the time the pick made sense to a lot of people.

Bartkowski for Kassian??

Possibly, according to Dreger and the Sun.

Cam Neely all over again. :(

Sounds more like Hodgson for Kassian all over again: word on Bartkowski is that he's a project with potential. But he seems to have offensive instincts as a D-man, which would be pretty valuable for the power play if he gets better.

Maybe they both need a change of scenery.

Socreges

Banned
Sounds more like Hodgson for Kassian all over again: word on Bartkowski is that he's a project with potential. But he seems to have offensive instincts as a D-man, which would be pretty valuable for the power play if he gets better.

Maybe they both need a change of scenery.
Speaking of Hodgson...holy shit is he struggling with Buffalo right now. And with all the young, extremely talented centers coming up in their system*, he'll have to he traded soon.

*Reinhart, Girgensons, Grigorenko, and one of McDavid/Eichel. Fuck.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Speaking of Hodgson...holy shit is he struggling with Buffalo right now. And with all the young, extremely talented centers coming up in their system*, he'll have to he traded soon.

*Reinhart, Girgensons, Grigorenko, and one of McDavid/Eichel. Fuck.
One of these is not like the others.

zroid

Banned
It seems a foregone conclusion Buffalo will draft one of McEichel, but it would create a fun dynamic with the Isles if they ended up with Strome somehow.

Friggin' Kings, delaying the start of my Hawks game until 8:30 local time. I have a stupid-busy day ahead of me tomorrow!

Classic Kings, being inconsiderate bastards. I will take great delight in their ugly defeat tonight.

Razorskin

----- ------
They still need a big body center! I never said he was bad, just not a match for what they needed.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WLNOtoJ8vb0

"right off the reservation"...

Ok, I fucked up.

Friggin' Kings, delaying the start of my Hawks game until 8:30 local time. I have a stupid-busy day ahead of me tomorrow!

Classic Kings, being inconsiderate bastards. I will take great delight in their ugly defeat tonight.

9:30 here. Was going to get pizza and watch the game before seeing Inherent Vice at night... but probably going to miss the entire game now.

zroid

Banned
I don't think the Habs would be sweating too much if they got Kopitar instead of Price, heh.

If Kopi really was their next choice though it paints a pretty good picture of their scouting, since he ended up going several picks later.

Stasis

Halak and Kopitar vs. Price and Eller, I guess.

Obviously Price is the boss here, but the way Halak's been playing us... lol.

edit: And then imagine they didn't trade for Gomez? McDonagh - Subban. K sorry, I'll be leaving now.

9:30 here. Was going to get pizza and watch the game before seeing Inherent Vice at night... but probably going to miss the entire game now.
Report back with thoughts on the movie - it looks really interesting.

But in your absence, I'll just watch the game with twice as much animosity towards the Kings

Top Bottom