• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

iJCEyYI.gif

2i67P1w.gif

ibfxU7jde4mc7X.gif

iqpRpgZCSpjeB.gif

ibeNp73bJHdiZ5.gif

SleepyFeistyLcont.gif

Andersen shutout penises all over my face.

stock-photo-22749827-lego-man-building-wall.jpg

Did I mention Rakell was drafted with a pick the Leafs traded to Anaheim in exchange for the pick used to draft Tyler Biggs?

Yeah.

Oh, and the other pick traded to Anaheim was used to draft John Gibson. Enjoy.

I'm very aware of this and consistently remind myself when I hear Tyler Biggs name pop up.

Such a good factoid. Full of love.

BTails

I was at the Flames/Sabres game tonight; my fifth Calgary game of the season. The atmosphere was really positive at the Saddledome this evening; I still don't think people have come to terms with the fact that the Flames are still in a playoff spot this late in the season.

The 4-1 outcome against the worst team in the league and the copious beers I drank also help elevate the joyous emotions regarding the Flames as well.

Cake Boss

Banned
The entry draft is going to be fucking awful this year, yeah we won't have to listen to Craig Button, but we'll have everything else.

Ahhhhhhhhh shhhhiiitttt

Completely forgot these turds are doing the draft now.

Gonna miss Duthie, BobbyMac and Gord Miller. Even Pierre, he knows his kids :(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just read Friedman's 30 thoughts and saw this :

There’s also Evgeni Malkin’s unavailability, making the captain’s health even more important. But a few of the all-stars admitted it surprised them, since he came when injured before the 2009 event in Montreal and handles meet-and-greets so well. They suspected it may have had to do with his not being selected as one of the draft captains.

Don’t know if Crosby was upset, or it was someone from the Penguins or his entourage, but it caught the NHL and NHLPA by surprise. They had no idea. Think about it: announcement he won’t be there, followed less than 24 hours later by a detailed explanation of his injury? Didn’t add up to the players.
What a little bitch if he really didn't show up because they didn't make him a captain, not that it would surprise me at all.

Red_Man

<3

Price saving Therrien's job right now, Habs would be fucked without him.

o4u1zJ7.gif
We'd legit be in the conversation for a top 5 pick. I'm tired of him covering for the teams ass, I hope he breaks more sticks and starts showing some frustration. I refuse to believe Bergevin is unaware of how stupid Therrien is, but he can't fire a coach who is 30-13-3.

<3

Price saving Therrien's job right now, Habs would be fucked without him.

o4u1zJ7.gif

And that's why we need a new coach. I don't think Therrien will be fired this season.

Also I hope Bergevin is looking for replacements for Emelin because we need it.

Edit:Gabriel Dumont called up from the Bulldogs

Just read Friedman's 30 thoughts and saw this :

What a little bitch if he really didn't show up because they didn't make him a captain, not that it would surprise me at all.
there is absolutely no way that is true. Geno has never cared about the limelight, but actively enjoys interacting with fans. His injury clearly is major enough that it is holding him out more than just a single game.

Sid I'm pretty sure was just nursing a minor injury and the team needed him to be healthy quick with Geno out extended

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
We'd legit be in the conversation for a top 5 pick. I'm tired of him covering for the teams ass, I hope he breaks more sticks and starts showing some frustration. I refuse to believe Bergevin is unaware of how stupid Therrien is, but he can't fire a coach who is 30-13-3.

I just realised that when Therrien is fired, he'll probably be offered a front office position with the Habs due to his contract. Hopefully it's somewhere he can't do any damage.

No gifs of AGally's sexy goal yet?

Samyy

Is the media really having a discussion regarding an interim C while Phaneuf is injured?
Christ.

Has this been done anywhere else? Where the hell did they dream this one up?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is the media really having a discussion regarding an interim C while Phaneuf is injured?
Christ.

They just wanna get the team used to it for when he's traded for another shitty contract

zroid

Banned
Christ.

I wonder if this stems from that Michael Traikos piece last night. I thought that was leaning more toward the angle of dealing Phaneuf and then making Franson the captain. Which I support...

interim captain is lolworthy tho

Quick

Banned
Christ.

I think the Habs had Kovalev wear the C whenever Koivu wasn't playing back in the day.

Red_Man

This did happen.

Speaking of which, the Habs still don't have a captain this season...
AFAIK the plan was always to go the entire season without one and than re-evaluate in the off season and pick who of the current A's is best suited for it. Seems like Patches has far and away been the stand out candidate for many reasons.

Red_Man

What happens if I cancel the subscription after 1 month? Still own the games?
No. Your saved data stays, but you can't play the games. They keep adding games though, and you get a 10-15% discount on EA titles bought online.

Red_Man

Captain Subban]
:lol :lol

NHL should just let goalies be Captains ffs
A good number of the Habs media and reporters who spend a lot of time with the team and in the dressing room have said that Price is the "unofficial" Captain of the team regardless of who they name. I prefer they don't give it to him anyways, he doesn't need that pressure added to his job.

Top Bottom