• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nonis made a point in saying that no player on the team has a no-move clause in their contract. Every player on the team is expendable and can and will be traded if need be. Not sure where you're getting that from.
Nonis has been saying this for a long time and yet no significant move has been made. Lots of talk and no action from him.

The players were always off the hook

Unless you really think Gardiner and Reimer are the only players that deserved public ridicule.

Wait, are you a LevelNth alt?

I've been posting here for four years. Are you serious, Clark?

Nonis made a point in saying that no player on the team has a no-move clause in their contract. Every player on the team is expendable and can and will be traded if need be. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Nonis has been saying this for a long time and yet no significant move has been made. Lots of talk and no action from him.

Exactly. I've seen this movie before.

Speaking of Babs, he refuses to break up these terrible lines he is rolling with right now even though they aren't really working at all.

180px-WHY.jpg

Taking all our scraps!

Now you know Cleary is next right?

Red_Man

Does he speak French?
I think Bergevin is smart enough to bring in Babcock if he would be willing to come even though he doesn't speak French. Frankly, I think Babcock is the only non-French speaking coach that could coach in Montreal.

Meanwhile, Anthony Duclair has been assigned to the Quebec Remparts.
Fucale was traded to the Remparts as well, they're not far off from the top of the league. They should be able to cruise now.

calder

A backup goalie with a record of 10-12-2 with a 3.03 GAA and .878 SV% that season. The man clearly knows what it means to win championships.

"Well ya know I was in the room nodding along when Mess said a lot of important leadershippy things, so I know full well that ____ needs to say ____ and then do ____ to move this team forward! When you're on a team with one of the all-time great potato chip/cell phone company pitchman of all time like MARK MESSIER, you learn a thing or two about hockey that applies in every situation even decades later!"

God I hate Healy so, so much. And holy shit, I just realized that you can easily imagine Nick Kypreos saying the exact same thing. No offense to any Rangers fans, but seriously that team winning the Cup in '94 had an amazingly bad butterfly effect on hockey broadcasting in Canada that is still being felt today. We've had to endure so much awful, lazy bullshit from those two jackasses alone.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lou Lamoriello just said he isn't blocking the leafs from talking/hiring DeBoer and refused to comment if they have asked permission

(i believe he is still bound to the org as he's technically still under contract)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"Well ya know I was in the room nodding along when Mess said a lot of important leadershippy things, so I know full well that ____ needs to say ____ and then do ____ to move this team forward! When you're on a team with one of the all-time great potato chip/cell phone company pitchman of all time like MARK MESSIER, you learn a thing or two about hockey that applies in every situation even decades later!"

God I hate Healy so, so much. And holy shit, I just realized that you can easily imagine Nick Kypreos saying the exact same thing. No offense to any Rangers fans, but seriously that team winning the Cup in '94 had an amazingly bad butterfly effect on hockey broadcasting in Canada that is still being felt today. We've had to endure so much awful, lazy bullshit from those two jackasses alone.
Don't worry, here in the States we have to deal with Eddie Olczyk, someone so inconsequential to that Cup run that his name was initially left off the Cup.

Red_Man

I hope they hire Bylsma, just because I'm curious to see what he does with a roster that doesn't have 2 of the best players in the world on it.

#Coyotes source says GM Don Maloney denied Doan's request to be traded. Doan was furious and "heated exchange" ensued with Maloney #NHL
lulz

I hope they hire Bylsma, just because I'm curious to see what he does with a roster that doesn't have 2 of the best players in the world on it.

Considering his some of his main issues were an inability to control players and mishandling young defensemen, it'd probably be a disaster.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Kypreos just said they tried to move Kessel already...

yeah, ok. LOL

Kessel would be an easy trade to make because of his stats.

Kypreos/Watters/Mclean already shoving their bullshit agendas on air...

also

@jonasTSN1050 One non Carlyle note: Nazem Kadri back at practice today and skating on a regular line. Was supposed to miss 7-10 days.

@statssundin LRT: Kadri was obviously so excited to play a game without Carlyle behind the bench that he healed so quickly.

Red_Man

yeah, ok. LOL

I find it hard to believe too, especially if this is the first time we've heard about it, but if they did try I could see them not doing it just because there's no way to get value back for him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

lulz

I thought Doan WAS the Coyotes, why does he wanna leave? I mean... If not for the obvious "lol arizona"

Merguson

Banned
yeah, ok. LOL

It's never going to be easy moving a guy like Kessel.

Issues such as getting equal value for Kessel, and balancing out the salaries. Kessel's cap hit is not easy to fit into your cap.

Socreges

Banned
So Doan requested a trade, was denied, and is now upset. Karma.

Also, what the fuck:

Effective immediately, Jan. 3, 2015, CapGeek.com has permanently ceased operations. This sudden decision is made with a heavy heart and is due to the personal health of CapGeek.com founder and director Matthew Wuest. While this decision may raise many questions, it is requested that you respect Matthew's privacy and wish for no media or purchase inquiries. Thank you for your co-operation and understanding at this difficult time.

LevelNth

Banned
it's reimer's fault he's getting 40+ shots against every night?
Yes. As well as his fault that Gardiner is playing poopy, Kessel keeps sneaking/openly eating cookies, Dion shaved his mustache, Bernier doesn't know world events, Nonis is a potato and the beer prices at the ACC raised again.

I mean the man is a terror on this organization!

The guys on TSN 1050 saying coaching doesn't matter... yeah, right.

I think their reasoning (and it makes up part of my previous one for how much change we'll really see given the damage Randy has done) is how much of the apathy is player-coach versus how much is per player. How much is player disillusionment because of how the coach has been playing and treating them? Kessel getting the unsportsmanlike during the Jets game is one example in my eyes of a player absolutely giving no fucks for the greater picture. People are saying the current system doesn't work. I'm not really sure what the best system for the Leafs is.

Red_Man

Somebody is definitely gonna draft that Russian defenseman that won best d-man of the tournament too. How players like that (and Godla) go undrafted... Scouts man.
Too be fair, goalies are the most volatile position and the easiest to get on hot streaks for. The amount of goalies and players that have had great WJs and then go on to not make the NHL or bust is quite large. He's a 3rd stringer on his team apparently, those games were probably the best games of his life.

Top Bottom