• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Delryk

10923474_505113292964978_7282207626325088136_n.jpg

LOL.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Too be fair, goalies are the most volatile position and the easiest to get on hot streaks for. The amount of goalies and players that have had great WJs and then go on to not make the NHL or bust is quite large. He's a 3rd stringer on his team apparently, those games were probably the best games of his life.

fucking pogge

DopeyFish

I go to tsn.ca and see the banner

"watch now:all day coverage of the firing of randy carlyle"

Why do they always need to be so extreme lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ron Wilson said:
Some core players have failed under two or three coaches ... You’d have to surmise that some of them are uncoachable now.
Dat ether

I'll actually be there in person at this game, I expect the worst.
Worked out well for you last game, although I'm expecting a let down game after the high they've been on.

Curufinwe

Too be fair, goalies are the most volatile position and the easiest to get on hot streaks for. The amount of goalies and players that have had great WJs and then go on to not make the NHL or bust is quite large. He's a 3rd stringer on his team apparently, those games were probably the best games of his life.

And he's 5'11". Everyone wants big goalies nowadays.

zroid

Banned
Wilson's been a salt factory ever since he got fired, lol

And I actually think he's a better coach than Carlyle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wilson was absolutely spot on in his interview, I don't think he was salty about being fired either. He basically even said he didn't get the job done. He also pretty much hinted that he wished he had benched Kessel.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Giguere said he doesn't think the coaching change will make a difference.

Leafs continue to be the most entertaining team in the league.

fallout

Hm. I've now been to the game that got Claude Noel fired and the game that got Randy Carlyle fired.

... anyone else looking to get their team's coach dumped?

zroid

Banned
It won't though. Horachek and Spott will tell Phil to do something and he'll essentially tell them to fuck off

It doesn't matter because Phil isn't the problem anyway. He needs a better centre who can ideally play defence but at the very least drive possession (eg Kadri).

DopeyFish

Wilson's been a salt factory ever since he got fired, lol

And I actually think he's a better coach than Carlyle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nah wilson was a worse coach. He didn't even talk to his players.

The only inspiring words he could muster was let's go

Remember the "what are systems"... the little cheat sheet tip cards he used?

Wilson never matched lines... his line juggling never made any sense.

He threw players under the bus. Players constantly made bad passes (making passes to players going the opposite direction), kept turning into irrecoverable plays (leafs are now falling back into this same shit)... and dump and chase.

Carlyle is way better in a lot of areas. His systems cost us a lot of games... but the other side of the coin was better.

He talked to the players, at least. He had a grasp of matching and usually made decent line juggles (not lately though)

You can point to corsi all you want, but wilson was a hack of a coach.

It doesn't matter because Phil isn't the problem anyway. He needs a better centre who can ideally play defence but at the very least drive possession (eg Kadri).

Yes but Phil is part of the core of this team, and if what Wilson says is true in that his attitude is infectious with other players then that in itself is an issue

Did Wilson and Carlyle seriously think they could coach Kessel into becoming Crosby? Phaneuf into Weber?

I guess that's what the 'old school mentality' gets you.

Foggy

Cam Atkinson and Mark Letestu should be playing in Dallas tonight. That now leaves *just* Ryan Murray, Artem Anisimov, Brian Gibbons, Boone Jenner, and poor Nathan Horton on the IR.

Baby steps.

DopeyFish

Yes but Phil is part of the core of this team, and if what Wilson says is true in that his attitude is infectious with other players then that in itself is an issue

You work around those issues.

You know kessel gets cold, then you start playing others until he heats up.

Instead of looking at kessel as the reason for success, you have to approach him as part of the success.

Cake Boss

Banned
Man this team makes me feel better about my shitty team that's looking into salvaging a season by bringing in Todd Motherfucking Bertuzzi.

Top Bottom