• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

CYxtguRWQAAjQP1.jpg

ZeroGravity

Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith
Marchessault doesn't think he's in tonight. Hasn't played since Tuesday in Calgary. Says it's tough but understands w deep + healthy team

Marchessault: "I was doing good. I want to play. But that's just the way it goes, it's my first year, you've got to pay your dues."
I'd love to think this is a subtle shot at Drouin.

Merguson

Banned
Screw this. One Toronto is enough. We don't need to build another one.

The original crumbled in 2022 after the complete collapse of the Canadian economy turning Canada into a lawless state.

US Forces entered the remnants of Canada to build Toronto 2 in 2027. This is the only place with a hockey team north of the American Wall. The rest vanished.

don't you guys own time machines?

Don't worry Creeper.

He's getting fired soon.

I'll miss these moments though:

BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV 59m59 minutes ago
Looks like Galchenyuk back to the wing. Therrien says he likes what he saw from Desharnais and Alex together.

BrianWilde
‏@BWildeCTV
Therrien in describing why Galchenyuk ice time not like Desharnais says you have to be responsible.

RuOosm1.gif

The original crumbled in 2022 after the complete collapse of the Canadian economy turning Canada into a lawless state.

US Forces entered the remnants of Canada to build Toronto 2 in 2027. This is the only place with a hockey team north of the American Wall. The rest vanished.

It's On Guard for Thee, except the US invades to save us, not steal our delicious freshwater.

Line_HTX

Sounds like some Fist of the North Star or Mad Max type of state, except it's all permafrost instead of desert wasteland.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I just noticed that Carolina is tied for the last playoff spot in the east. They seem to have had a quiet turnaround season this year.

RC

Banned

Well in 2028 the Great Cascadia Allaince crushes Toronto 2, and lays siege to the charged remains of Ontario. Mimco is the first to fall.

Brashnir

I just noticed that Carolina is tied for the last playoff spot in the east. They seem to have had a quiet turnaround season this year.

I was looking at some of their numbers early in the year, and it looked like they were having some horrendous puck luck. It looks like that has turned around for them.

Having Bigras and Zadorov in looked much better than Bodnarchuk and Guenin, who are both horrible. That said, it was the Devils, so tempered expectations, but hopefully they can stick to the lineup, they're in the future certainly. Siemens seems done here, will probably be traded for an alternative project. Glad Rick Pracey got fired, beyond the top 3 he had complete misses in the first round in Hishon, Bleackley and Siemens.

Solo

At this point, for allowing Therrien to remain in power almost 2 years too long and for failing to improve the team, Bergevin deserves to have his corpse thrown in the shallow grave too. Get digging, Mr. Molson.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So I was wrong, AV is throwing a wrench into things. Henrik Lundqvist starts tomorrow in Philadelphia. Antti Raanta gets the start in Washington. Why not? Sunday will be exactly one month since Raanta's last start.

Meanwhile, Tanner Glass is still in trash talk mode from last night:
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 4m 4 minutes ago
Tanner Glass says he did chicken dance to Cal Clutterbuck to "call him out" for taking shots at Brass/Zucc but not willing to go with Glass.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 2m 2 minutes ago
Tanner Glass adds that he saw Clutterbuck said Glass was afraid to go with Matt Martin. "Check hockeyfights.com " Glass says.

And for the moms:
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 2m 2 minutes ago
Marc Staal said his Mom is particularly pumped. First-ever Moms trip for her despite 3 sons in NHL. Staal's Dad has been on 15 Dads' trips.
19 moms traveling with the team. The ones absent: Raanta, Lindberg, Fast.

Solo

The sad truth is that we've got a Burke/Wilson situation in Montreal with Bergevin/Therrien. Hiring your best buddie for a job should never be allowed.

Habs are doing an amazingly good impression of the 2007-2015 Leafs right now.

I hope Bergevin makes a desperation trade soon. 3 1sts for Yakupov.

Cake Boss

Banned
Watching some highlights, Yakupov looked crazy good last night. After his goal he started trolling some SJ fans with his celebration.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Worst part for Therrien is the team has actually played well under him for a good part of the season.

It's his love affair with Desharnais and grinders that's going to get him fired. He's literally digging his own grave at this point.

Line_HTX

Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers 30m30 minutes ago

Thanks for stopping by @JJWatt!

CYx46G5WkAQb4-L.jpg:large

Papa Johns commercial: "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! COME ONNN!!"

Damnit, first Martin Truex Jr. and now Watt... Fuuuckk...

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I just discovered that Cody Hodgson has a clothing line.

brothers1.jpg

CoHo is the official clothing line of Buffalo Sabres Cody Hodgson. The name CoHo comes from the fans of Vancouver when he played for the Canucks. CoHo’s authentic Canadian apparel is only available through our online store. We believe in the quality of our products and hope you enjoy wearing it. CoHo is proud to serve you well.

I guess we know what he'll be working on now.

zroid

Banned
Worst part for Therrien is the team has actually played well under him for a good part of the season.

It's his love affair with Desharnais and grinders that's going to get him fired. He's literally digging his own grave at this point.

this whole thing reminds me a lot of Carlyle before he was fired

at the start of the season he was pressured into changing his principles a little bit -- there were no more goons on the roster, and he started rolling 4 lines and 3 D pairs more consistently than he had in the past. then things were sort of unraveling and he went back to his old ways, which led to his firing.

Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers 30m30 minutes ago

Thanks for stopping by @JJWatt!

CYx46G5WkAQb4-L.jpg:large

Papa Johns commercial: "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! COME ONNN!!"

Damnit, first Martin Truex Jr. and now Watt... Fuuuckk...

This is glorious!

It is weird how Philly sport teams and Houston Sport teams have this odd connection.

Also trading partners

KingBroly

Banned
Carolina is probably the worst matchup for the Caps.

They're always close ass games.

Maybe we can sign Semin for one series.

Well the last 2 times they've played, the Caps have been on the second game of a B2B with Grubauer, so...I'm not putting much faith in those.

The Canes are also like the best team in the league on B2B's but have a polar opposite record when they're not.

Top Bottom